How to fix DH2016. Written by an butthurt f2p loser ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1) Seperate CTS from DH
2) Cut down IAP prices or at least make it actually worthy (instead of feeling worthy)
3) Unlimited Contract Hunts, less grinding
4) More skippable ads. No one cares about them.
5) Make IAPs cosmetics-only for PvP content (if any)
6) Free-to-play players first. Make everything available for free and as humanely as possible to grind for.
It's your main source of income and you need lots of them to stay in your game.
7) See what's so good in DH2014. Really
8) PC port, via Facebook.

I do get a lot of beef for this game, but writing this means I still have one single drop of hope for this game. It's broken af, and I don't mind if they basically turn it into DH2014 HD.

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    1) Seperate CTS from DH
    2) Cut down IAP prices or at least make it actually worthy (instead of feeling worthy)
    3) Unlimited Contract Hunts, less grinding
    4) More skippable ads. No one cares about them.
    5) Make IAPs cosmetics-only for PvP content (if any)
    6) Free-to-play players first. Make everything available for free and as humanely as possible to grind for.
    It's your main source of income and you need lots of them to stay in your game.
    7) See what's so good in DH2014. Really
    8) PC port, via Facebook.

I do get a lot of beef for this game, but writing this means I still have one single drop of hope for this game. It's broken af, and I don't mind if they basically turn it into DH2014 HD.

Amen, Teddy!
    I mean seriously if CTS has struck an amenable chord with players, just go on and make a standalone target shooting game, Glu. As for us, old slow players who seek a stoic and tranquil uncompetitive game, just keep those animals and sceneries coming...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'm not a convert to cts but the gameplay of the hunts is harder in dh2016 so I prefer the challenge of dh2016 over dh2014 don't think I'll ever get used to cts portion of game
    ( + )
  • Teddy the EspurrTeddy the Espurr Registered Users 51 Posts
    I had played tons of great games, most of them indie because they put more effort in its gameplay as its selling point. Undertale, Superhot and so much more, I loved every single one of them.

And then there's F2P games, which its only purpose is to suck up as much money with its hallow shell of a "game", and I still play them to past time outdoors. DH16 is turning into one, and I hate that. But once in a while, some devs got it right, and Fantasy War Tactics is one of them.
    Ironically, is was made by the scumbags of Nexon with the horrible FPSs they churn out, but throughout the gameplay, the cheesy storyline and its character design, I can easily see it was made with love and commitment. The grinding actually makes you feel rewarded, it has wacky writing and it's mostly about how a girl dresses so skimply and why is there talking animals. And even though its IAPs were as astronomical as Glu's, at least the game lets you earn the very same thing absolutely free, but it'll set you back months of grinding everyday.

For instance, a Hero requires Genes that is earned by beating the boss level of said Hero, to level up its skills and attacks. Jenny the Cowgirl starts off with 8 to be summoned, but its last skill, the most damaging one needs 54 to max out to LVL 10. Once the game was soft-launched its reward for Genes were usually 8~12, but the devs think it's too much so they reduced to 3~6, now a year after its release it's now 1~4 for Christ's sake! And you can only grind for 3 times per day!

Sure it's unhealthy to grind the game, but they got player retention absolutely right. Players were willing to grind through the game for the best Heroes and items and upgrades, while trying their best to avoid resorting to a pay-2-progress solution. Keep in mind FWT is mainly single-player, so you can't really pay your way to beat PvP.

---

To be honest, I love CTS. They should've made it into a separate game, so it won't clash with deer hunting. I have no complaints of the hunting gameplay itself, I just felt the range is too short unlike DH14's 300-yard shots.

I really wish the devs read this. I want to love DH16 but it's like they're trying their best making me not to.
  • Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Just one comment. Not everyone understands acronyms. What does IAP stand for. I am not the sharpest crayon in the box.
    Most of the time I can figure it out. Not everyone may know. Please don't take it as criticism. It does shorten your posts. I can understand using it. Trying to be helpful.