Random thoughts inspired by all the hunting

LaluLalu Registered Users 34 Posts
Hey players, I was hoping to liven up the forum here a little bit because I've been playing this game a lot, and I think it'd be fun if anyone would like to chat more about non-technical aspects.

I hope for this thread to be a place to post your "shower thoughts" (hunting thoughts) that only we other players can understand.

For example, who is putting out the contracts? Why in the world are they willing to pay so much for those darn pole cats? Maybe God himself sets the contracts. That's why we've never met our contact for the contracts.Maybe those animals had it coming. Do you notice there are no babies with mothers? I think so we don't need to struggle with morality while we kill things.

Do you ever think to your little dead animal friends, "I'm sorry. A contract is a contract." Sometimes my animals ask me, later, "why him and not me?" (Not really, I'm not that crazy.) The answer, poor 6th deer in a 5 deer contract, is that there is no answer. It's all arbitrary. Maybe I shot left to right this time. Maybe you turned at the right moment for you and the wrong moment for him. Who can say who is better off, my deer?

And to the deer I fatally injured but you got away because i am unable to turn 360 degrees, I always imagine I would come back after satisfying the contract to eat you for my dinner.

It'll leave off for now. I hope some of you will add some of your random thoughts, it would be fun to read what others think while zoning out on a hundred contract hunts. I'd also like to make another thread dedicated to talk about our dogs ;)

Comments

• LaluLalu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Also bears and big cats are NOT pack animals! (Okay I guess lions are an exception.) You'd never see six cheetahs running along into my gun unless it was a mom with a lot of babies. They are solitary creatures. They don't get together to run a 5k in the woods.

Which animals make your favorite death noise? For me the best is tapirs. Elk are so dramatic. Rabbits also, especially since they are, to me, such slippery little buggers to shoot.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Personally, I think you are overthinking the game. Just shoot the animals and don't worry whether or not they should be running in packs. I used to worry that some of the animals are on the endangered list, and are protected. Then I thought, what the he**, and just shot them. Concentrate on having fun and not superfluous details.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Oh dear. It is a game for God's sake. Chill out and have a beer ;)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Hey, I'm not worried. This is meant to be abit silly. I just have an active imagination. For me it is fun to think out scenarios while I'm on the hunt. Life and death IS the game. I don't hunt in real life so I have existential moments when I digitally take the life of animals.

I'm not sure what I said that makes y'all think I'm stressing out.
    Lalu wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not worried. This is meant to be abit silly. I just have an active imagination. For me it is fun to think out scenarios while I'm on the hunt. Life and death IS the game. I don't hunt in real life so I have existential moments when I digitally take the life of animals.

I'm not sure what I said that makes y'all think I'm stressing out.

But it's good to know people visit the forums. Literally we shoot things for hours. I can't be the only person thinking about these subjects.

This is the the way I AM when I chill out and have a beer. Make your judgments.. ;)
  • OldBeastOldBeast Registered Users 17 Posts
    For the record, I take this game *very* seriously. Hunting is called a "sport" by some, but to others...its life and death.

Anyhoo,

I, too, ponder many things during my hundreds and shotgun and AR contracts.

Mostly, I wonder about who is responsible for designing the death faces of these animals. Also the sounds, but I'm less concerned with that. (Actually, more amused by things like the odd sound of the Tapir or the haunting cry of the North American Elk).

I digress. What is up with how these poor animals look when when i shoot them?? Some die with dignity and a bit of peace, but my god, some are so dramatic!!! Flipping over, tongue hanging out, staring at you with a look of utter horror. Some close their eyes and look like little sleeping animals but some...they will haunt me for quite some time. (Probably not long.)

I'll think more on this topic during my next massive contract.

Thanks for the getting to know ya attempt.
    Yes! The bears and buffalos seem to die with great dignity.

Prairie dogs: i nominate for hunter's choice, best varmint award. Nice big butts and they run in straight lines.

Isn't it cute when pine Martens run toward you as if to charge?
    Lalu wrote: »
    Yes! The bears and buffalos seem to die with great dignity.

Prairie dogs: i nominate for hunter's choice, best varmint award. Nice big butts and they run in straight lines.

Isn't it cute when pine Martens run toward you as if to charge?

Oh, those brave and suicidal pine martens. So terribly hard to hit.

I hate pine martens, pole cats, minks and all things weasel.

I like the rabbits, they tend to cluster and are very easy to kill multiples with my shotgun. I'd go with prairie dogs, but I rarely see those chubby guys.
    Oh man. Right now I'm in the region "sunset Australia." So many hares. They run in zig zag and it's hard to see when it's getting dark. Hard with the AR.
    Pasted from another thread where we were getting "random" again. Don't want to upset serious hunters.

Glu Forums - Powered by vBulletin

EpicFisher said:
    Today 05:11 AM
    GOOD JOB GLU on the UPDATE
    While everyone is complaining without any appreciation, I am pretty satisfied with the update.

Pros:
    + Predator Fishing: A new and challenging way to enjoy fishing. No longer free kills
    + Greater variety of fishes, way more exotic to spearfish.
    + Dog crates finally fixed: No more useless rifle/pistol parts

While everyone is complaining, I'd like to point out some glitches when fixed which will improve gameplay:
    - Shark radar occasionally not showing up.
    - No sound after watching ads.

Since I am a more side quest orientated (plays spearfishing and dog hunt more than actual story), this is really refreshing overall.
    Multi-Quote This Message

Samer Madbak said:
    Today 06:24 AM
    Update only good for subscribers. For us nonpayers it is more of the same (unplayable) stuff
    Playing on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
    Multi-Quote This Message

OldBeast said:
    Today 10:13 AM
    Yes, I agree 100%. Liking the update, but having same 2 issues. Android.
    Multi-Quote This Message

Lalu said:
    Today 08:44 PM
    Yes they seem to have addressed most of
    My issues with the game. Took me 4 days for the update to download though. Kept logging in and it would just freeze on the update so I'm only now getting in. iPhone. I got 5 new dogs from the racked up spins. Love that we can fish predators and that they attack. Also I like that we can turn 360 degrees underwater. After not having that ability for so long it feels disorienting at first. Cool.

Side question: where are people complaining About the update? This forum is so dead. Only a few posts since update that I see.If anyone would direct me to a place ppl talk about this game that'd be great.
    Multi-Quote This Message

OldBeast said:
    Today 09:09 PM
    I like to talk about the game too, maybe we can PM. Do you use chats?
    Multi-Quote This Message

Lalu said:
    Today 09:54 PM
    I'm not sure if we can PM here. I don't see how but I added you as a contact. Maybe if we are contacts we can. I like your thoughts about hunting and your tips on kill shots.
    Multi-Quote This Message

OldBeast said:
    Today 09:57 PM
    Perhaps we can chat about our hunting dogs, my new friend.

I have 10. Beast, Cooper, Toby, New Toby, Lil Toby, Princess, Duke, Dear One, Sundown and Baby Z.

I just need a beagle.
    Multi-Quote This Message

Lalu said:
    Today 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBeast View Post
    Perhaps we can chat about our hunting dogs, my new friend.

I have 10. Beast, Cooper, Toby, New Toby, Lil Toby, Princess, Duke, Dear One, Sundown and Baby Z.

I just need a beagle.
    You have a lot of Tobies. (Is that the correct plural?) I have a Toby, too, but I'm thinking if I should rename it. It's the only dog I haven't renamed. Maybe I should leave it as Toby but, it reminds me of Toby from the show The Office. I'm not sure if Toby would fit in with my gang. Compared to your dog names, it seems like my dogs are at a picnic!

They are:
    Polo, Reginald, Micky, Betty Lou, Minnie, Charlie, Ralphie, Amanda, Bug, and tentative Toby.

If we can message I have no idea how to send one
    Multi-Quote This Message

OldBeast said:
    Today 10:27 PM
    I have had Toby for quite some time but he's a difficult dog to work with. He started making outrageous demands, then refused to hunt for anything. If I forced him to hunt, he would only find Pole Cats. I HATE POLE CATS!

Anyway, Toby was very troubled and angry. He peed on things, he'd break out of his kennel and go sit on the other dogs, he actually once even invited some coyotes over and let them in the **** house.

Then, one day I spun Lil Toby. She looks just like Toby and they are inseparable. In a way, I think they center each other.

They get into shenanigans and are always prancing around, showing off, and making threats. But they have each other. Toby hasn't let in any predators since Lil Toby.

Today New Toby showed up. It seems to be fate of some kind, good or bad is not yet certain.

My dogs prefer BBQ over picnics but to each his own I suppose.
    Multi-Quote This Message

Lalu said:
    Today 10:29 PM
    LOLOL this is exactly the kind of conversation I was hoping for! LOL

I've been wanting to start a thread about my dogs for awhile.

My dogs do like picnics better than BBQs, because we don't have to pack any charcoal. We eat what we kill (and we like it RAW) and I only pack forks and knives. (We are all very civilized.) Reginald the Dalmatian wears a top hat and Amanda the collie wears a tiny hat with a veil.

GLU if you're reading this please add clothing options for the dogs!!

I don't have a beagle, either. I just got my Toby today. Maybe after this I'll have to leave it named Toby, but I hope he doesn't act like yours. We have a nice balance in my kennel. Amanda keeps everyone acting proper.

Old Beast, were we separated at birth?
    Multi-Quote This Message
    First
    Last
    Reply to Thread

Subscribe to this Thread…
    Log Out Full Site Top
    Lots of words. Words about dogs and about the hunt. I can dig it.

Also, I can talk about Toby and friends all day. But right now, I'm hearing some kind of commotion in the kennel, I think Toby is up to something. When the howling starts, I worry. Who knows what that **** dog will be doing?

I'll be back to share more about my Olympic level team of hunting dogs. It's hard to manage 10 dogs.
    Don't I know it! Okay, hold that thought. I'm wrecking these fools that think they are ready for the gold championships in CTS. My Facebook photo has a picture of me wearing a scarf around my head like an old fashioned grandma. I should change the photo on Facebook for spring time but I love beating people and hoping they think to themselves "I just got owned by a babushka."

On that note, when someone has a picture of their baby as their profile I'm like "sorry you're not ready for this. You're only a baby!" But a baby named Grant owned me a couple times in a row. So u really can't judge people on whether they are a baby.
  • mchughesmchughes Registered Users 25 Posts
    I played DH2014 for a LONG time, and I really preferred it. I've only played DH17 for a short while now, but it seems to me that there is far more weapons (ARs for example) that you have to buy with gold only, and that really takes the fun out of it. In DH14 you could buy and rifle, shotgun, and AR in each level for cash. So far I'm on level 14 and have only had one AR. Just makes the game a lot less enjoyable for me.