Any DH2017 guides for beginners?

Like the title says, I was wondering if anyone knows of any guides for beginners who just started playing the game, on the best way to level up, earn money, how to spend gold, and just any good tips and tricks. I did a search on these forums and nothing came up. I've also searched youtube and google and couldn't find anything but fake videos on how to "hack" the game, which is ridiculous and not at all what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Comments

• Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    LabyrinthX wrote: »
    Like the title says, I was wondering if anyone knows of any guides for beginners who just started playing the game, on the best way to level up, earn money, how to spend gold, and just any good tips and tricks. I did a search on these forums and nothing came up. I've also searched youtube and google and couldn't find anything but fake videos on how to "hack" the game, which is ridiculous and not at all what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

I started playing DH2014(DH Classic), and DH2017, for about three years now. As far as I know, there are no user guides for either game. I learned by playing a lot, and asking questions of more experienced players when I had a problem. There is always someone on the forums who know what to do, or to give advice. This has been very helpful for me. The other thing is to just keep playing and you will probably figure most things out on your own. Hang in there, don't get discouraged.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • LabyrinthXLabyrinthX Registered Users 4 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    I started playing DH2014(DH Classic), and DH2017, for about three years now. As far as I know, there are no user guides for either game. I learned by playing a lot, and asking questions of more experienced players when I had a problem. There is always someone on the forums who know what to do, or to give advice. This has been very helpful for me. The other thing is to just keep playing and you will probably figure most things out on your own. Hang in there, don't get discouraged.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make money and what areas to focus on first? Here's where I'm at right now. I just finished the Rifle series in region 4. I have the basic rifle that you can buy with regular money for that region, and I still need a few upgrades for it to finish the final boss to access region 5. The only way for me to make money now is in region 3 in the AR contract. Is that the only way for me to earn money to purchase the upgrades, or is there somewhere else I can go to get money? OR, do I forget this section and focus on hunting with dogs, or even spearfishing? It all cost so much money for every section, I don't know what I need to focus on in order to progress the quickest.
    I stopped playing the dog hunts and the spear fishing because they were getting too expensive. After I finish the rifle and elite hunts in a region, I concentrate on the AR contract hunts for money and watching videos for gold. I have a little over 3 million in money, and about 1100 gold now. When a new region comes out, I always have enough gold to buy the three weapons for that region, and more than enough money for upgrades. This is what I have found works best for me. Give it a try and see what happens. Good luck.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Tanner's words are gold. He probably means 300 million bucks not 3 million which is also what i aim to get before a region comes out. I watch vids and collect a bit more gold to take part in the events that earn you the AR.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Thanks Samer, I do mean 300 million, almost 400 million actually. I know that's not much compared to what you guys have over in DH Classic, but I'm getting by ok.
    Down here in Regions 3 and 4 I'm struggling to earn 1000 for each AR contract. I need 21,000 to upgrade my region 4 rifle to get to beat the final boss and access region 5. Time to get grinding on 21 AR contracts.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Contract hunts are my worst nightmare. In Dino and DH classic i don't play any since i have a lot of gold but here in DH2017 i am forced to play them for bucks and watch vids for gold. Misery!
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Does anyone know what triggers a gun discount to appear? I've reached region 5 and I'm still using my region 4 rifle, trying to wait it out until I get a discounted rifle offer to appear. I'm hoping the offer will be for the region 5-6 rifle. So, again, do the discounted offeres appear at random, or are they triggered by something?
    As far as I've been able to tell, there isn't anything that triggers the special offers. They just appear when GLU decides to offer them.
  • lerdolerdo Registered Users 3 Posts
    I also have a quick question as a beginner.... I was wondering if there is a way to see an inventory of the gun parts you currently own. I have looked all over the game and cant find it anywhere, other than what it says you have while building a weapon. I am looking for the entire list of ALL parts, not just the ones for that current gun or upgrade.
  • JdportJdport Registered Users 3 Posts
    I really don't understand some of the above posts... How are you aquiring so much gold/cash? Or are you buying it?  Is it possible to progress through the game without spending real dollars?   If not I will stop wasting my time...    Also how do people get such high scores in the CTS matches?   My gun is ranked very similar to a lot of others but I can only get 4500 pts while others get 15000-20000.   I don't know what scores points like that.