DEBUG login error bug?

jameszheyuanjameszheyuan Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Issues
I've sent an email to DASHcommunity@glu.com and androidsupport@glu.com about this incident, but I thought I might as well post it here too.

A few minutes before writing this, I was playing the game as per normal. I closed the game and wanted to play again a few minutes later. However when I opened the app, the DEBUG login error page appeared.

I have this game on two phones, and both phones showed me the same error message. I've attached a screenshot of the message. Any help would be appreciated! I don't want to miss the Game of Thorns event and lose my streak.

Comments

• wylinawylina Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I have the exact same problem. I was playing fine, windowed out and back in and now cannot get past this error. Have tried power cycling my phone, restarting the app... the only thing I havent tried is uninstalling/reinstalling 
  • loni_sevenloni_seven Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’m experiencing the exact same issue.
  • jameszheyuanjameszheyuan Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited June 2019
    wylina said:
    I have the exact same problem. I was playing fine, windowed out and back in and now cannot get past this error. Have tried power cycling my phone, restarting the app... the only thing I havent tried is uninstalling/reinstalling 
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on one phone, and I nearly got a heart attack. When I tried to connect using my email in the reinstalled app, it told me that my email wasn't linked to any account. Which shouldn't be the case because I had already linked my email to my account and verified using the code they sent to my email. Therefore I almost thought they had somehow deleted my account.

I also tried connecting using Facebook in the reinstalled app, as I had also linked my Facebook. Doing so just made the "encountered a problem and needs to restart" window pop up. I closed and reopened my reinstalled app a few times afterwards and the DEBUG login error window started popping up again.
    Try launching now. I just tried again and it's working fine all of a sudden for me. Maybe it was just a server glitch.
    wylina said:
    Try launching now. I just tried again and it's working fine all of a sudden for me. Maybe it was just a server glitch.
    No it still doesn't work for me... one of my phones still shows the error message, while my other phone keeps telling me to update to the latest version of the app, even though there's no update available in Google Play for that phone.
    Alright, reinstalling the game again solved the issue; I was able to restore my game from my email. Still a pretty scary episode though! And I realised that the recent update caused a lot of problems in the game, particularly in the Game of Thorns event. Hope they get addressed soon!
  • StatusukStatusuk Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I am also getting this error not even started the game. Any update from GLU
  • SuperCookieSuperCookie Registered Users, Administrator, Member 10 Posts
    Hey there! You shouldn't be seeing this screen anymore. Let me know if you're still seeing it!
  • StatusukStatusuk Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I have had a response from GLU the following are the only supported 
    iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
    iPhone SE
    iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
    iPhone 8
    iPhone X
    iPhone 9 (upcoming)
    iPhone Xs (upcoming)
    9.7-inch iPad (2018) 
    12.9-inch iPad Pro (2017) 
    10.5-inch iPad Pro (2017) 
    The iPad (2017) 
    9.7-inch iPad Pro (1st Generation) 
    12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st Generation)
    iPad Mini 4 (4th Generation Mini) 
    iPad Air 2 (6th Generation) 
    iPhone 6S
    iPhone 6S Plus
    iPad mini 5 (2019)
  • DawnaTDawnaT Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Well the phone types that are supported is not fair to all of us who don't have apple products. I used to play every version of Diner Dash and was hoping to play on my Samsung phone. Although, I did read all the complaints about having to spend real money to upgrade things because gems are too hard to get. I guess this is just another money hungry group trying to cash in on a popular game. What a shame. 
    It does work for certain Samsung phones. I'm not sure which, but I play on a Samsung a8. I dont find it really that hard to earn gems without paying. I paid twice and in hindsight didnt need to. Havent paid more than $20 and have every star so far.