Upgrading Customers

CherryTyCherryTy Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I see that you can upgrade customers in 2 places. In The Greasy Spoon Diner Shop (along with food and equipment) and then in the menu that shows just the characters. 

What is the difference? Why are the prices different between The Greasy Spoon Diner Shop and the customer menu? What will benefit my game play more?

Comments

• SuperFlanSuperFlan Registered Users, Administrator, Member 52 Posts
    Hey Cherry! What you're seeing are two different upgrades to the characters. 

Leveling Up your character will grant you rewards and change their overall level, and this can only be done in the character screen. In order to level up, you'll need to earn the required amount of hearts for that character (visible in the character's progress bar in the character screen) and pay the level up cost, which is usually coins or gems.

Upgrading their loyalty to a specific venue allows you to raise their patience and receive more hearts from them for that particular venue. This can be done in the character screen and in the Shops. This will raise their Patience and how many Hearts they give you. Please note, upgrading their loyalty will require them to be a certain level. 

I hope this clears things up!
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    I still find this confusing but now I think I see what you are driving at.
    * In the Character browser, you can tap your available venues in the left-hand tab to see (and upgrade) their Loyalty in each venue. 

* The little smiley face is their Patience in the given venue. 
    * This is the same overlay dialog you see if you click to upgrade a customer from within a venue's shop. 
    *  Maybe the Customers section in each venue's Shop should be labeled "Upgrade customer LOYALTY to earn more hearts!" - it only says "Upgrade customers" there, I can see why people are getting confused...

* Leveling the character overall is sometimes required before you can upgrade their Loyalty in a given venue any further, i.e. below, I can't upgrade Barb in either venue until I increase her overall level (and I can't do that without blowing a lot of Gems).

Currently, leveling a character seems like a waste of currency until you *need* to be able to upgrade their loyalty...anyway, that's my takeaway at this point. 

• SuperFlanSuperFlan Registered Users, Administrator, Member 52 Posts
    These visuals are great, punkysdilemma! I understand your concern here, about the naming and specifically the leveling. You do get some pretty decent rewards, though! I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to the team :smile:
    -SuperFlan