10th PvP Tournament 11/10/2013

Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
This thread is dedicated to 10th PvP Tournament.

TOP 10 warriors:
http://s8.postimg.org/gtuqkx78l/image.jpg

You can post anything - your highest place on the ladder, things you like/dislike, your longest Streak, toughest opponent you fought, your weapon of choice, screens of any cheater you encounter and why you think they are cheating/hacking, or any feedback about this tournament or PvP in this game in general. You also may ask questions and seek advice regarding Tournament and PvP here, as well as providing your own findings and tips.

Below is a list of all previous tournament dedicated threads: **posts contain a lot of useful information about PvP**
9th Tournament 04/10/2013
8th Tournament 27/09/2013
7th Tournament 20/09/2013
6th Tournament 13/09/2013
5th Tournament 06/09/2013
4th Tournament 30/08/2013
3rd Tournament 22/08/2013
2nd Tournament
1st Tournament


Useful tips:
To take a screenshot on iPhone/iPad - press simultaneously lock screen/power and circle home buttons
To post a screen use this postimage.org page to upload your screen. When it's done copy Direct Link URL to forum post by clicking on picture icon or you can just provide it as direct link to your photo.
It is important to report cheaters/hackers. Do this by pressing Submit Ticket from menu at the top of this page. The more we express our concern the more likely/quicker that hacker will be removed from the game.
I'm God of Tea
Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos

Comments

  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Hello everybody!

    Sorry for late post. I had a lot of overtime this week and was very busy.

    I see that we have The Widow Makers Half Price in the shop!
    If you have 2500 gems, it will be a very good investment!
    What upgrades to get on it? Simple answer it doesn't matter. If you really wanna get something in particular you can try your luck with one roll a day by using backup. But it will make very little difference in the end, so my advice - just upgrade and go PvP ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Good luck everyone :)
    -Sagelz
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Finally I found quite a strategy for pvp

    rm2i7kW.jpg
    ;)
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Finally I found quite a strategy for pvp

    rm2i7kW.jpg

    Impressive!
    It's a shame that on Android you can't see any names, as you totally have no idea who is who and what position they got on the Ladder.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Had many fights today.
    At the moment I'm sitting at the 3rd position:

    image.jpg

    My last 2 victories were against this guy:

    image.jpg
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    I'm done for today. Managed to reach 1st place! Yahoo!

    image.jpg

    Will have some time to do battles in the last day, if anyone will be playing on US server.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    This will be the sexiest win streak you will find on here !

    Screenshot_2013_10_14_02_19_40.png

    I am a lvl 8 warrior with 242 power rating. I got the bug where your game starts back at level 1 and so instead of loading my backup data i decided to give it a go at a low level. It has been the best decision ive made on ew2, the fights are much easier and faster and you will find a battle almost immediately everytime you click battle.

    I am currently donning fully upgraded white Warrior armor and a fully upgraded blue Warrior helm i found on undead spire level 2. I fight with no upgrade Dual Bludgeons from Shop.

    This was the last guy i fought and was the toughest, i won because i was lucky to land my charged blade wave just before getting hit with his. Too bad i cant view full name.

    Screenshot_2013_10_14_17_21_29.png
    ;)
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Someone tell me what these neon pink leggings are on my opponent haha they look awesome, need more neon colors for new armors.

    Screenshot_2013_10_13_14_10_19.png

    I hope EW3 will have a pvp like EW2 cause its the highlight of the game.

    PM me for tips and advice for pvp
    ;)
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    me after my last laddering session

    Screenshot_2013_10_15_14_44_23.png

    me when i came back online from a busy day, ranked 8 i think

    Screenshot_2013_10_15_20_06_01.png

    some hardcore android ladderers man sigh
    ;)
  • ikeike Registered Users 12 Posts
    I must have had around 15-20 "disconnected from server" and game freezes - in the middle of fights. No exaggeration on that number either. Giving each fight an average of 40pts, that 600-800+ points lost.

    Thanks a lot glu. If it's a server issue, can we at least NOT LOSE battle points (and energy) for that?

    btw, I play on iOS.
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    This will be the sexiest win streak you will find on here !

    Screenshot_2013_10_14_02_19_40.png

    I am a lvl 8 warrior with 242 power rating. I got the bug where your game starts back at level 1 and so instead of loading my backup data i decided to give it a go at a low level. It has been the best decision ive made on ew2, the fights are much easier and faster and you will find a battle almost immediately everytime you click battle.

    I am currently donning fully upgraded white Warrior armor and a fully upgraded blue Warrior helm i found on undead spire level 2. I fight with no upgrade Dual Bludgeons from Shop.

    As I see it, you just abusing the system. Thank god we don't have this on iOS, or I would be the first one to quit the game...
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Tournament is over. It was a good fun for me, as many skilled players are emerging with all sorts of skills and strategies. My final score wasn't very high. I finished 26th:

    image.jpg

    On the screen you can also see Indiepwn in 23rd place, good job man!

    And I got this, as a result:

    image.jpg

    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, results and stories.
    See ya in the next Tournament!
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    Thanks K you too Good job! It has been so hard lately to play the china server. It is to the point of being more frustrating than fun. I have been trying to hit the America server as much as possible. It seems to be getting higher ranked players but it is not quite there. I literally win 99% of my matches on America server and only about 50% of matches on the china server. Even if it is the same player that i crush on America server i get crushed on china server.
    GLU FIX THE LAG OR HAVE A SEPARATE TOURNAMENT FOR EACH SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    As I see it, you just abusing the system. Thank god we don't have this on iOS, or I would be the first one to quit the game...

    Abusing what exactly
    ;)
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Abusing what exactly

    You push everyone down from the ladder by picking on low lvl players who are just trying the game. They probably never had any upgrades in any parts of their gear and don't know what that even for.

    In other words normal players are fighting hard in top 100 knocking each other down, climbing up. All the points are moved from one player to another. Each day of tournament average score of top 100 grows from 1000, to 2000, to 3000.
    But when you come in and push your way to the top with let's say 5000 points completely UNCHALLENGED that is total bull...!

    If you look on top 10 screen for Android and top 10 screen from iOS you will see that we fight fair for our place on the ladder, while top places on Android don't make any sense. To be number ONE is to be able to defeat people who are below/above you and that is how you go up. On iOS you simply cant make a lead by more then 200 points as you will not have any opponents to fight against.
    But on Android people like you abusing the ladder getting scores like 9000, 5000, 4000 while all real players can reach no more then 3000 points by the end of tournament.

    If I wanted I could start 10 accounts on my Nexus in the next tournament. Play with each one, get 9000 points on each, and that will be your top 10 players LOL! What a joke!
    And that is exactly what seems to be going on on Android ladder at the moment.... And the saddest thing about all this - that people can do it completely anonymously, as you don't see any names.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Two screens to compare:

    Android top 10:
    Screenshot_2013_10_15_14_44_23.png

    iOS top 10
    image.jpg


    Android ladder is total BULL Sh.....!!!
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    You push everyone down from the ladder by picking on low lvl players who are just trying the game. They probably never had any upgrades in any parts of their gear and don't know what that even for.

    In other words normal players are fighting hard in top 100 knocking each other down, climbing up. All the points are moved from one player to another. Each day of tournament average score of top 100 grows from 1000, to 2000, to 3000.
    But when you come in and push your way to the top with let's say 5000 points completely UNCHALLENGED that is total bull...!

    If you look on top 10 screen for Android and top 10 screen from iOS you will see that we fight fair for our place on the ladder, while top places on Android don't make any sense. To be number ONE is to be able to defeat people who are below/above you and that is how you go up. On iOS you simply cant make a lead by more then 200 points as you will not have any opponents to fight against.
    But on Android people like you abusing the ladder getting scores like 9000, 5000, 4000 while all real players can reach no more then 3000 points by the end of tournament.

    If I wanted I could start 10 accounts on my Nexus in the next tournament. Play with each one, get 9000 points on each, and that will be your top 10 players LOL! What a joke!
    And that is exactly what seems to be going on on Android ladder at the moment.... And the saddest thing about all this - that people can do it completely anonymously, as you don't see any names.

    So why exactly are we android users at fault here? This is how Glu implemented the laddering system for android, so if you want to complain please do with them. If you were on the android platform you would do what you must do to be in the top rankings.
    Unlike ios, we don't have the luxury of icloud allowing you guys to upgrade your weapons or armor to exactly how you want it (hence your full Attack, or full CH weapons all close to the max points possible), whilst in android we have to be happy with what we get the first time.

    Also, it isn't as easy as it sounds, the only way for us to actually get points is through streaks (30 points max after 20 win streak) as there is a point where you only get 1 point from players, so you lose once, you lose that streak and have to start all over again whilst losing a ton of points. On ios you gain a ton of points from wins because all the people you are able to fight have similar points to you.
    The people i normally fight while at level 8 are level 25s 20s etc, so basically they will have some experience (as well as more HP) . You do need skill to get to the top, as there are a ton of people who are actually really really good in the lower ladder.

    Im summary, just because Glu implemented different laddering systems for the 2 platforms doesn't make us 'cheaters' or 'not playing fair like you ios players' as you put it. Please Kami Chai come down from your pedestal, take your problems to Glu thanks.
    ;)
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    So why exactly are we android users at fault here? This is how Glu implemented the laddering system for android, so if you want to complain please do with them. If you were on the android platform you would do what you must do to be in the top rankings.
    Unlike ios, we don't have the luxury of icloud allowing you guys to upgrade your weapons or armor to exactly how you want it (hence your full Attack, or full CH weapons all close to the max points possible), whilst in android we have to be happy with what we get the first time.

    Also, it isn't as easy as it sounds, the only way for us to actually get points is through streaks (30 points max after 20 win streak) as there is a point where you only get 1 point from players, so you lose once, you lose that streak and have to start all over again whilst losing a ton of points. On ios you gain a ton of points from wins because all the people you are able to fight have similar points to you.
    The people i normally fight while at level 8 are level 25s 20s etc, so basically they will have some experience (as well as more HP) . You do need skill to get to the top, as there are a ton of people who are actually really really good in the lower ladder.

    Im summary, just because Glu implemented different laddering systems for the 2 platforms doesn't make us 'cheaters' or 'not playing fair like you ios players' as you put it. Please Kami Chai come down from your pedestal, take your problems to Glu thanks.

    My problems?
    I stated the facts based on information received from your screens and made conclusion.
    Nothing more and nothing less.

    I'm for the fairness, always was and always will be.
    Android ladder is not designed properly, allowing players to "farm" points and not actually compete in it.

    If you have realised this before, it is You who should be asking Glu to fix this major problem, but instead you are keep on exploiting and saying to me "...so if you want to complain please do with them.; Please Kami Chai come down from your pedestal, take your problems to Glu thanks."

    I myself don't care if I finish outside top 100 because I was beaten by pure skill and superior tactics of my opponents. I tried, I played and I lost in fair fight to stronger players.
    But normal Android players don't have any chance to begin with, the highest they can get by playing fair is around 3000. It's like buying a lottery ticket, were all top 100 prizes already been distributed without you knowing. And I really feel for them.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    My problems?
    I stated the facts based on information received from your screens and made conclusion.
    Nothing more and nothing less.

    I'm for the fairness, always was and always will be.
    Android ladder is not designed properly, allowing players to "farm" points and not actually compete in it.

    If you have realised this before, it is You who should be asking Glu to fix this major problem, but instead you are keep on exploiting and saying to me "...so if you want to complain please do with them.; Please Kami Chai come down from your pedestal, take your problems to Glu thanks."

    I myself don't care if I finish outside top 100 because I was beaten by pure skill and superior tactics of my opponents. I tried, I played and I lost in fair fight to stronger players.
    But normal Android players don't have any chance to begin with, the highest they can get by playing fair is around 3000. It's like buying a lottery ticket, were all top 100 prizes already been distributed without you knowing. And I really feel for them.

    Yes ignore all the relevant points I made and focus on the ones you can actually argue against. Clap clap.

    So you are saying you made assumptions based on my screenshots? wow please make sure you are actually right with your facts before making posts like this.
    If glu cant even fix the problems in the game we keep asking them to what makes you think they will try to fix something that they purposely put there. It isnt even broken to begin with, this system actually gives a chance for people who dont have the time and resources to farm gold the way you do and saving from icloud to get high on the ladder whereas on ios u have to be addicts to the game all lvl 75s with fully upgraded mystery armors and such to be at the top.

    and heres the most important thing. The people we fight against on the ladder have to have the same or similar power rating in order to find each other in the firdt place meaning we ARE ALL ON EQUAL GROUND. only difference is SKILL AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS. so it isnt farming. We haveto fight for our wins. Did you put that into thought?

    normal android players? Please define normal android players for me. You forget we all started from the bottom as beginners to average players and then to whatever we are today . everyone was once new to the game and we all learn off better fighters.
    Do you also 'feel' for all the ios players that dont have the same skill level as you and cant make it to the top 100? I doubt it.

    Before the reset I was a hardcore I collected glu coins like crazy got myself strong armors and fully upgraded my weapons which is much harder to do in android mind you and when I played pvp I would only find 3 to 4 battles a day as most players wouldnt be at the same power rating. this was the only thing that stopped me from top 10. Now the only difference is I can actually find more players to battle against henceforth more people prefer playing in the lower ladders.

    come back with actual based facts before making arguments please
    ;)
  • ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Yes ignore all the relevant points I made and focus on the ones you can actually argue against. Clap clap.

    So you are saying you made assumptions based on my screenshots? wow please make sure you are actually right with your facts before making posts like this.
    If glu cant even fix the problems in the game we keep asking them to what makes you think they will try to fix something that they purposely put there. It isnt even broken to begin with, this system actually gives a chance for people who dont have the time and resources to farm gold the way you do and saving from icloud to get high on the ladder whereas on ios u have to be addicts to the game all lvl 75s with fully upgraded mystery armors and such to be at the top.

    and heres the most important thing. The people we fight against on the ladder have to have the same or similar power rating in order to find each other in the firdt place meaning we ARE ALL ON EQUAL GROUND. only difference is SKILL AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS. so it isnt farming. We haveto fight for our wins. Did you put that into thought?

    normal android players? Please define normal android players for me. You forget we all started from the bottom as beginners to average players and then to whatever we are today . everyone was once new to the game and we all learn off better fighters.
    Do you also 'feel' for all the ios players that dont have the same skill level as you and cant make it to the top 100? I doubt it.

    Before the reset I was a hardcore I collected glu coins like crazy got myself strong armors and fully upgraded my weapons which is much harder to do in android mind you and when I played pvp I would only find 3 to 4 battles a day as most players wouldnt be at the same power rating. this was the only thing that stopped me from top 10. Now the only difference is I can actually find more players to battle against henceforth more people prefer playing in the lower ladders.

    come back with actual based facts before making arguments please

    Also, who's to say that that someone who's the best level 8 that there is can't be #1 on the leader board? Glu never said you had to be level 75 to be the best I don't think. If you're the best at your level then that's where you are. There are weight divisions in many sports that support this idea, and there are also "twinks" in games like WoW filled with characters that make a point to get "the very best gear" that they can for their level. Of course someone who is level 75 and stuck playing against other level 75s with awesome gear like that is gonna think (conveniently) that that's the most fair way to play..because it's their way to play.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    Also, who's to say that that someone who's the best level 8 that there is can't be #1 on the leader board? Glu never said you had to be level 75 to be the best I don't think. If you're the best at your level then that's where you are. There are weight divisions in many sports that support this idea, and there are also "twinks" in games like WoW filled with characters that make a point to get "the very best gear" that they can for their level. Of course someone who is level 75 and stuck playing against other level 75s with awesome gear like that is gonna think (conveniently) that that's the most fair way to play..because it's their way to play.

    EXACTLY! THANK YOU ChrisTot. Being the best at your level (like being the best in your weight division for boxing) does requires skill and allows them to have a chance at the leaderboard

    EDIT: for below post: Thought so.
    ;)
  • Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    I see no point in repeating myself.
    My work here is done.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
Sign In or Register to comment.