Options

Helms from the Mystery Box

mavakithmavakith Registered Users 10 Posts
which is your preferred helm from the little mystery box and why?

White Hair
Helm of Endurance
Gold Headpiece
General's Helm

Comments

• Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    mavakith wrote: »

White Hair
    Helm of Endurance
    Gold Headpiece
    General's Helm
    original mystery helmet.
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    original mystery helmet.

why's that? the mystery helmet doesn't give the additional 3000hp the other helmets give..
  • Options
    dinniiidinniii Registered Users 99 Posts
    if medium level player
    thn endurance helm
    Level 70
    Grand Dragon Lord
    Full Mystery set
    Dragon Breaker & Mystery Axe
    Game center: +dinniii+
  • Options
    DarkmoxDarkmox Registered Users 54 Posts
    mavakith wrote: »

White Hair
    Helm of Endurance
    Gold Headpiece
    General's Helm

Mystery helmet comes with additional armor and this makes a pretty big difference. I initially thought like you that 4 pieces Mystery + another helmet would be a good choice (thanks to +3K HP especially) and after testing I changed my mind..

I own the 5 pieces of mystery fully upgraded and all the different helmets and what I can say is that:
    - 5 pieces mystery (properly upgraded with balanced resists) is invulnerable within current game content, even cobra lords in BR4 do not damage you anymore, so there is no point having additional HP.
    - 4 pieces + any other helmet and you start taking damage in BR4... very little, but if you fall asleep in front of 2 cobra lords for more than a minute you may die..... and revive if you were wearing endurance ;)

Helms breakdown:
    - General's rage regen is minimal and to be honest if you need rage with 5 pieces mystery, you stop moving for a few seconds, takes a few hits and you regen way quicker than with General's passive. And pary and charge do not crit...
    - Endurance was my prefered one on paper, an extra life can always help if you fuckup something, but again it's impossible to fuckup with 5 pieces Mystery, you're invulnerable...
    - Gold helmet: I haven't upgraded it and would not consider using it, at least for now..
    - White hair: passive is pretty useless in end game content (dragon and boss rush) but the skin is fun.

Anyway, I'm keeping them in my inventory, they may become useful wit new content..

Note that upgrading the special helms is way more expensive than upgrading Mystery Helmet. Mystery stuff is pretty cheap to upgrade, I think it's the same upgrade cost than pharaoh items, whereas special helmet have same upgrade cost as Whyrm stuff, if I remember correctly..

As diniii pointed out, Endurance could be a good choice for medium level players (ie. when you still die).
    EW3 - Mage lvl51 / 11.5K gs

EW2 (retired) -Grand Dragon Lord - LVL70
    Dragon Braker / Full Mystery armor
  • Options
    thanks man.. i'm lv 63 with 4 piece mystery set except helm.. and fully upgraded helm of endurance / white hair..

so that extra bit of armour is more useful than 3000hp.. sigh.. more fun times with the mystery box then..
  • Options
    Darkmox wrote: »
    Mystery helmet comes with additional armor and this makes a pretty big difference. I initially thought like you that 4 pieces Mystery + another helmet would be a good choice (thanks to +3K HP especially) and after testing I changed my mind..

I own the 5 pieces of mystery fully upgraded and all the different helmets and what I can say is that:
    - 5 pieces mystery (properly upgraded with balanced resists) is invulnerable within current game content, even cobra lords in BR4 do not damage you anymore, so there is no point having additional HP.
    - 4 pieces + any other helmet and you start taking damage in BR4... very little, but if you fall asleep in front of 2 cobra lords for more than a minute you may die..... and revive if you were wearing endurance ;)

Helms breakdown:
    - General's rage regen is minimal and to be honest if you need rage with 5 pieces mystery, you stop moving for a few seconds, takes a few hits and you regen way quicker than with General's passive. And pary and charge do not crit...
    - Endurance was my prefered one on paper, an extra life can always help if you fuckup something, but again it's impossible to fuckup with 5 pieces Mystery, you're invulnerable...
    - Gold helmet: I haven't upgraded it and would not consider using it, at least for now..
    - White hair: passive is pretty useless in end game content (dragon and boss rush) but the skin is fun.

Anyway, I'm keeping them in my inventory, they may become useful wit new content..

Note that upgrading the special helms is way more expensive than upgrading Mystery Helmet. Mystery stuff is pretty cheap to upgrade, I think it's the same upgrade cost than pharaoh items, whereas special helmet have same upgrade cost as Whyrm stuff, if I remember correctly..

As diniii pointed out, Endurance could be a good choice for medium level players (ie. when you still die).

Thanks fren for explain, only GDL is understood this situation :)
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Multiplayer Ft 10 cobra lord can own you still with the full mystery set on and whether I wear generals or mystery there is no difference, I still get hit by ft 10 & br4 cobra lord just that br4 hits much softer then ft 10.
    My preference is breaker 4*14% crit chance 1*20% crit damage or 5*7% crit chance 33% crit damage mystery axe, paired with generals helm I can keep using charge then dash without having to stop for rage.
    And 3100 of poison, fire & ice resistance for full black dragon/br4 trap elemental immunity.

Full mystery set fully upgraded solo ft 10 cobra lord

Screenshot_2013-06-09-19-21-48_zps07fdd2cd.png

Any 3k HP helm> mystery helm :-)
  • Options
    Yup im agree with u, im also try like this, let the CL hit me, i want to now, im dying with 7-8 ful move from CL, but if u fight back u can stil the winner :)
  • Options
    dinniiidinniii Registered Users 99 Posts
    K_OtiC wrote: »
    Multiplayer Ft 10 cobra lord can own you still with the full mystery set on and whether I wear generals or mystery there is no difference, I still get hit by ft 10 & br4 cobra lord just that br4 hits much softer then ft 10.
    My preference is breaker 4*14% crit chance 1*20% crit damage or 5*7% crit chance 33% crit damage mystery axe, paired with generals helm I can keep using charge then dash without having to stop for rage.
    And 3100 of poison, fire & ice resistance for full black dragon/br4 trap elemental immunity.

Full mystery set fully upgraded solo ft 10 cobra lord

Screenshot_2013-06-09-19-21-48_zps07fdd2cd.png

Any 3k HP helm> mystery helm :-)

1 charge then 4 hits n 1 dash with mystery axe
    CL dies without harming
    Level 70
    Grand Dragon Lord
    Full Mystery set
    Dragon Breaker & Mystery Axe
    Game center: +dinniii+
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    I can handle cl fine I was showing that mystery helm doesn't make you invincible to cl. So it's junk because it has no 3k HP or extra effects.
  • Options
    K_OtiC wrote: »
    I can handle cl fine I was showing that mystery helm doesn't make you invincible to cl. So it's junk because it has no 3k HP or extra effects.
    Its ok U win, im scary to fight CL in FT 10 anymore ;) ( just joking)