Options

Where Are The Mods?

sinbad19711sinbad19711 Registered Users 31 Posts
[rant]
How about some news or updates about what's going on with getting things fixed.
The mods have been strangely silent. That's not like them and not a good sign.

And in case anyone lost track here's the list (from an android user, in no special order):
1) Cloud save/load fix, success notification, or at least tell us what is being saved where. You forced us to join google+ to use this feature and it is practically useless.

2) Mulitplayer. Can't play anymore without google+. Can't pick rooms to host game. On the rare occasion that it loads you never know what will happen. I have spent time wandering levels with no partner and no enemies. I have spent time unable to affect enemies and seem to be invisible to them. And of course wandering around with my charge aura flaring constantly.

3) Freezes, lags, button response, and why do I randomly leap or teleport forward when blocking? Wait did I say randomly? I meant when it is absolutely the worst time to do so.

Now that the game is a buggy bloated mess at over 1.5 gig, the player gouging has reached new heights, and the lack of information is staggering you could at least throw us a bone and communicate a little. It might help ease peoples minds or even keep them as players.

Yeah I'm bitter, I've spent a lot of time and money on this game because in the past it was worth it. Now... not so much
[/rant]

Comments

• Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Here's an answer to your question. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?2019-Why-hasn-t-an-Admin-answered-my-question-yet.

The team is aware of these issues and whenever I have an update, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Glamazon wrote: »

My question wasn't why hasn't my question been answered. Though I can see how it might be confusing.
    I mistakenly thought the mods and admins were more than janitors with ban hammers. Thanks for setting me straight.
    If an admin/mod acts as a conduit to the company it creates certain expectations. Unrealistic perhaps but true all the same.
    Glamazon wrote: »
    The team is aware of these issues and whenever I have an update, I'll let you know.

Excellent. Thank you. Posting there are no new developments is better than silence.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and assure you it wasn't an attack. Please delete/deactivate my account. I won't need to log in going forward.
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Im a mod and im very active, especially in the eternity warriors 2 forums. Strange, most people know me here cant believe you dont, guess ima have to get peoples attention to notice me haha :D .
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Im a mod and im very active, especially in the eternity warriors 2 forums. Strange, most people know me here cant believe you dont, guess ima have to get peoples attention to notice me haha :D .

I'm aware of your participation Kush. You are an outstanding ambassador for Glu. I appreciate your contributions and hope they continue.

My rant was directed at the lack of information regarding posted issues. The time between responses had been longer than usual and was frustrating.

I failed to read the forum rules and info section of the help desk. Glamazon has kindly rectified my oversight.
    Now that I understand how it works I will simply "create a ticket" or whatever the proper terminology is to report issues and not expect nor anticipate admin or moderator responses. As I mentioned in my previous post I do not need to log in to do that.
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Its not that no one wants to help the users its that the developers of the game need to come up with a fix for these issues and sometimes information cant be released much before the update is released but if we do have information on a bug that is being worked on or fixed be sure that the community will be notified of it . Sometimes a update will be released without info on it before its updated on the forum, the devs need to tell us so everyone could know it and it can be posted here. So its not that none of us want to tell you its that the devs need to let us know and then you guys will know about the bugs being worked on and fixed
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    TommyTommy Registered Users 22 Posts
    Being a programmer myself, I know the work Glu and other services goes through to get things fixed. When you type up code to make websites, programs or other applications you nedd to type thousands of text and in many different files/locations, sometimes by looking at that amount of text you get a headache and sort of give up. I've had a look at X-Code, what apps on the App Store use to code their apps with and it looks more complicated than what I'm capable of doing. You'll just have to be patient.
    Web Developer
    Game Center: Devistations
  • Options
    Its not that no one wants to help the users its that the developers of the game need to come up with a fix for these issues and sometimes information cant be released much before the update is released but if we do have information on a bug that is being worked on or fixed be sure that the community will be notified of it . Sometimes a update will be released without info on it before its updated on the forum, the devs need to tell us so everyone could know it and it can be posted here. So its not that none of us want to tell you its that the devs need to let us know and then you guys eill know about the bugs being worked on and fixed

This is exactly correct. We cannot give out information on anything (updates, bugs, etc.) until we are cleared to do so. As soon as I have information I am allowed to post publicly, I post it.
  • Options
    My question wasn't why hasn't my question been answered. Though I can see how it might be confusing.
    I mistakenly thought the mods and admins were more than janitors with ban hammers. Thanks for setting me straight.
    If an admin/mod acts as a conduit to the company it creates certain expectations. Unrealistic perhaps but true all the same.

Excellent. Thank you. Posting there are no new developments is better than silence.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and assure you it wasn't an attack. Please delete/deactivate my account. I won't need to log in going forward.

Thanks so much for being so polite to the people who are in here every day relaying all of your concerns, issues, and bugs; answering your questions when they can; building and maintaining the forum infrastructure; and implementing spam moderation at all hours of the day... all to ensure you have a place to "rant" about the work we do. ;)

We have no control over when a dev decides to respond to questions or issues; all we can do is continue to relay the information and hope that something is fixed in an upcoming update. If the wait time for responses is too long for you, then I will be more than happy to delete your account as you requested.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback.