Options

Opinion please?

shyro17shyro17 Registered Users 29 Posts
I don't if I should post this thread in suggestions because I want people opinions on this first. I was wondering if GLU will ever put a bow in the game o_o? Using bow would be awesome! and maybe each skill for different type of weapons? I think it would attract more player.

Comments

• Options
    seaznseazn Registered Users 49 Posts
    I think it depends on their marketing strategy. To me here're the three options Glu got for EW2

1. Keep adding mode levels and some items as they've been doing, and more people will quit as time goes

2. Implement weapons like you said and skill tree, this should keep the life of this game longer

3. Completely revamp the game, such as adding character select and multiple classes such as mages/archers. This will take a lot of work, also PVP is not yet available yet. If Glu does intend to use this game as their money tree, this will be the best option. However, I think it'll just be easier for them to make an EW3 with these options so people who's sunk money in EW2 will go to EW3 and spend more money, giving the company more profit

My answer to your question is "no". I think Glu will take on Option 1 and just roll out a new game to make more profit
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    seazn wrote: »
    I think it depends on their marketing strategy. To me here're the three options Glu got for EW2

1. Keep adding mode levels and some items as they've been doing, and more people will quit as time goes

2. Implement weapons like you said and skill tree, this should keep the life of this game longer

3. Completely revamp the game, such as adding character select and multiple classes such as mages/archers. This will take a lot of work, also PVP is not yet available yet. If Glu does intend to use this game as their money tree, this will be the best option. However, I think it'll just be easier for them to make an EW3 with these options so people who's sunk money in EW2 will go to EW3 and spend more money, giving the company more profit

My answer to your question is "no". I think Glu will take on Option 1 and just roll out a new game to make more profit

I think that they have a good system going for them. Introducing the different helms with the different stat bonuses was a good implementation. Now there are actually different builds that are viable depending on what you're trying to do. There are helms that suit different styles of play in different ways. Hard mode was a good addition as well as it added nostalgia for those of us who have already cleared everything.

Continuing to add more levels and gear will work all by itself. People love being the best and I think having that happen again will be fine. I think after a player has been the best twice then excitement probably starts wearing off though. By the best I mean KNOWING that all of your gear is 100% the best it can be and clearing all content is as efficient as it can be. After you've done that twice, I don't see playing again without something else added to the game.

However, making content more skill based keeps people interested for sure. If "not everyone" can acquire the gear because it's only obtainable if you're good and can beat a level, then that will be pretty sweet. Anyone can get the best gear in the game right now it might just take some time. EVERYONE can clear boss rush 3 (if they're at the right level). And technically, that's all you have to be able to do to eventually get enough gems to buy all of the mystery armor.

If the mystery armor were a "chance to drop" item that only appeared in BR4 hard mode or Dragon's Lair hard mode Black Dragon, then people would be more "proud" to have the mystery armor.
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    or they can just release ew3 instead of going thru all those addons and updates
  • Options
    Oh wow! Well I even answer my own question... Yeah glu does only want money or find more ways to make money.
  • Options
    Ro0lloRo0llo Registered Users 57 Posts
    shyro17 wrote: »
    Oh wow! Well I even answer my own question... Yeah glu does only want money or find more ways to make money.

This is their work, they need to make a living out of this. Some people drive trucks, some people bake bread other people deal drugs. Glu makes games, instead you should be happy EW2 is a game which you can play for free without the need of actually paying for the game. Nobody forces you to buy those ingame credits, so why complain?
    Level 75 :cool:Grand Dragon Lord:cool:
    Full Mystery Set Full upgrade
    Golden Headpiece Full upgrade(all stats 410+)
    Dragon Breaker Maxcraft 4344attk 42%cr 40%cd
    All total dragon ellement defences(ice, fire, poison) 3600+
    IOS-Europian server
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    shyro17 wrote: »

BREAKING NEWS: This just in, companies have to make money. Also, the sky is blue, grass is green, and Eternity Warriors 2 has bugs in its software. lol :)
  • Options
    Ro0llo wrote: »
    This is their work, they need to make a living out of this. Some people drive trucks, some people bake bread other people deal drugs. Glu makes games, instead you should be happy EW2 is a game which you can play for free without the need of actually paying for the game. Nobody forces you to buy those ingame credits, so why complain?

Not complaining buddy. It was just a suggestion but then I realize why they make this game like any other. Im already one of the best lol :P. I'm just messing around to test weapon now.