Options

Pvp

ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
What's the benefit other than to get some coins and gems? I beat 5 guys in a row and my rating didn't increase at all >_<. Then I lost to a few 75s and finished my 10 games out and only got..more gems..is this just another way to get a few gems and coins?

What do you guys think of this? I like the new "roll" mechanic for added maneuverability. Other than that this seems about as exciting as the iPhone 5s compared to the 5..an incremental update :P

This game gets stale without gear upgrades. Most of the "shine" of the game is in having perfect gear..but with PVP we'll all have the exact same gear because none of us have elemental attacks with the breaker. Everyone without a breaker has the worst pvp weapon, and anyone without 419 attack/crit/crit dog is equally terrible. At least we got that part figured out and are lucky its also the best for pvp ha. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Yeah, now comes the disappointments. There is a serious glitch in the game. You may freeze in the game like Boss Rush 4 Cobra Lord but in this case you can be killed and the game goes on even to the 2nd round and 3rd round with funny results. This can happen to you or your opponent. The fight is way too short, best of three rounds and no skills required. It's like playing scissors, paper and stone. More a matter of luck what kind of attack you start with. And if you are super strong, you crush your opponent like an insect, no fighting required.

The leaderboard is always -- so how are we graded?

And the game is getting to be more and more like a slot machine with each update.
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    What's the benefit other than to get some coins and gems? I beat 5 guys in a row and my rating didn't increase at all >_<. Then I lost to a few 75s and finished my 10 games out and only got..more gems..is this just another way to get a few gems and coins?

What do you guys think of this? I like the new "roll" mechanic for added maneuverability. Other than that this seems about as exciting as the iPhone 5s compared to the 5..an incremental update :P

This game gets stale without gear upgrades. Most of the "shine" of the game is in having perfect gear..but with PVP we'll all have the exact same gear because none of us have elemental attacks with the breaker. Everyone without a breaker has the worst pvp weapon, and anyone without 419 attack/crit/crit dog is equally terrible. At least we got that part figured out and are lucky its also the best for pvp ha. Cheers!

Thanks for the info. Can you show us some screens :D
  • Options
    puccapucca Registered Users 36 Posts
    Why do I not have any update? :( This pvp thing seems interesting
    Lvl 67 Grand Dragon Lord
    Proud of getting full Mystery set without paying a single $ to buy gem :D
  • Options
    lauapik wrote: »
    Yeah, now comes the disappointments. There is a serious glitch in the game. You may freeze in the game like Boss Rush 4 Cobra Lord but in this case you can be killed and the game goes on even to the 2nd round and 3rd round with funny results. This can happen to you or your opponent. The fight is way too short, best of three rounds and no skills required. It's like playing scissors, paper and stone. More a matter of luck what kind of attack you start with. And if you are super strong, you crush your opponent like an insect, no fighting required.

The leaderboard is always -- so how are we graded?

And the game is getting to be more and more like a slot machine with each update.

It's not like rock paper scissors if you're actually good at PVP and timing?...unless you're talking about rock paper scissors in which each move is not created equal. That's like saying chess has no skill, just because there are a defined finite number of moves you can make, doesn't mean you can't make the moves better than your opponent.

Hint: I loaded up a game wearing a new mystery set I'm making that is missing 19 upgrade slots..that's right. 19. Imagine how vulnerable my character is. I beat a lvl 75 with the full Devil set on. He did get one of the 3 games though because I died very quickly to his attack, lol.
  • Options
    It's not like rock paper scissors if you're actually good at PVP and timing?...unless you're talking about rock paper scissors in which each move is not created equal. That's like saying chess has no skill, just because there are a defined finite number of moves you can make, doesn't mean you can't make the moves better than your opponent.

Hint: I loaded up a game wearing a new mystery set I'm making that is missing 19 upgrade slots..that's right. 19. Imagine how vulnerable my character is. I beat a lvl 75 with the full Devil set on. He did get one of the 3 games though because I died very quickly to his attack, lol.

I still think this addition is a disappointment. I met a one-touch killer in the Tournament. While our power data is 5 digits in length, his is 10 digits. And we have people reporting they cannot play the Tournament being accused of using jailbreak when denied this. And in the Leaderboard of Game Centre, we have already got players scoring billions of warrior kills when it is so hard to make 1000 kills.

In fact it is beginning to look more like a lottery. You have to pay 5 gems to play in one Battle, and there 5 slots per batch of play (additional play) and of the 5 slots, about 3 of the games will crash, I even experienced all 5 games crashing costing me 25 gems. Felt like you have been diddled.

null_zpsc9ee04c9.png
  • Options
    puccapucca Registered Users 36 Posts
    Glu's idea is amazing but always accompanied by a kind of fatal error. Hope the error will be fixed soon, like the "disconnect from server" one.
    For the time being, I'll refrain from PvP as it is so irritating =.=
    Lvl 67 Grand Dragon Lord
    Proud of getting full Mystery set without paying a single $ to buy gem :D
  • Options
    I still think this addition is a disappointment. I met a one-touch killer in the Tournament. While our power data is 5 digits in length, his is 10 digits. And we have people reporting they cannot play the Tournament being accused of using jailbreak when denied this. And in the Leaderboard of Game Centre, we have already got players scoring billions of warrior kills when it is so hard to make 1000 kills.

In fact it is beginning to look more like a lottery. You have to pay 5 gems to play in one Battle, and there 5 slots per batch of play (additional play) and of the 5 slots, about 3 of the games will crash, I even experienced all 5 games crashing costing me 25 gems. Felt like you have been diddled.

null_zpsc9ee04c9.png

Excellent points. I don't think there's even been enough time in the day for people to have gotten the amount of kills it says they've gotten.
  • Options
    This PvP is a farce. I have tested it for 2 days and wont touch it anymore. Better to help players in Spiders' Lair, Forgotten Tomb, Hell Fire and Boss Rush (my favourite).

Seems like there are 2 camps among the devs. One intent on improving the game and the other mad about gambling and the first camp is losing ground. Sad!
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    This PvP is a farce. I have tested it for 2 days and wont touch it anymore. Better to help players in Spiders' Lair, Forgotten Tomb, Hell Fire and Boss Rush (my favourite).

Seems like there are 2 camps among the devs. One intent on improving the game and the other mad about gambling and the first camp is losing ground. Sad!
    Sorry i don't now what are u talking guys, im back from vocation, should im try or not?
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with trying. Just be ready for disappointment.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with trying. Just be ready for disappointment.

I mean im should update or not?
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »

I don't see why not. They did fix bugs with the game. I did find an iOS 7 bug today though (hardly counts though since iOS 7 isn't out yet).

You think you're sick of the Mystery Box? None of you REALLY know what the Mystery Box is. THIS is a REAL Mystery Box:

IMG_0646.png
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »

You should update. 1 improvement though. The Revive Button is set higher so that you will not accidentally activate it.

Chris, that must be the glitch in your device. The old Mystery Box is still the same. Ha ha.
  • Options
    You should update. 1 improvement though. The Revive Button is set higher so that you will not accidentally activate it.

Chris, that must be the glitch in your device. The old Mystery Box is still the same. Ha ha.

Haha! 99% of the time the Mystery Box works the same for me. It was just an error I got on the train this morning >_<

Were you getting the "device is jailbroken" error as well? I am not. I also wanted to start fresh and deleted my great gear so that may be it? Essentially since I'm rebuilding my mystery set, I've handicapped myself by deleting all the items that had random < 305 upgrades. Sounds dumb I know since I can't really beat boss rush 4 or anything..but I don't really get to play much because of work.

Anyway, I can still use my skill to beat people in PVP, but I'm curious...once I have 4.5k, 4.5k, 3k stats on my armor, is THAT what makes you qualify as having a jailbroken phone? That seems like that'd be odd to do. I'm still level 69 so I'm not 75 yet, but I'm curious as to what part makes it look like innocent people have jailbroken their phone. Is it the icloud restore..you'd think that wouldn't be a penalty..

I guess I can see what happens one stat at a time and at what point the game locks you out. Currently I have 18 upgrades remaining before all my stats are 419/305. Will keep you guys posted.
  • Options
    No, I never had the 'device is jailbroken' error message because my ipad is as clean as a whistle. I have seen a friend's jail broken ipad and see jailbreak is more of a nuisance than a help. So been walking the straight and narrow since. But it's good to learn as much as possible of technology, the good as well as the bad. Ever since a friend inadvertently gave me a virus, I began to take interest and learn about binary files, hex editors, assembly language etc, just to know what makes a computer tick.

And you are doing the same for mobile devices. You have the dedication of a true programmer and a gamer, going for perfection all the time. Cheers!
  • Options
    No, I never had the 'device is jailbroken' error message because my ipad is as clean as a whistle. I have seen a friend's jail broken ipad and see jailbreak is more of a nuisance than a help. So been walking the straight and narrow since. But it's good to learn as much as possible of technology, the good as well as the bad. Ever since a friend inadvertently gave me a virus, I began to take interest and learn about binary files, hex editors, assembly language etc, just to know what makes a computer tick.

And you are doing the same for mobile devices. You have the dedication of a true programmer and a gamer, going for perfection all the time. Cheers!

Haha, oh yeah I remember our talks! That's reassuring to know the lvl 75 good gear doesn't lock you out.
    Pro tip..I obv am not cheating or anything and I'm just gonna say it now...learn to parry in PVP. It's insane!

I caught this one guy by surprise when I parried his charge. Full health and he died on the counterattack, lol. WHOOPS!
    Doesn't matter what their gear is, I'll roll and parry and dash around folks. It's fun when the game doesn't freeze.
    Just imagine 18 upgrades from now >_<.
  • Options
    Haha, oh yeah I remember our talks! That's reassuring to know the lvl 75 good gear doesn't lock you out.
    Pro tip..I obv am not cheating or anything and I'm just gonna say it now...learn to parry in PVP. It's insane!

I caught this one guy by surprise when I parried his charge. Full health and he died on the counterattack, lol. WHOOPS!
    Doesn't matter what their gear is, I'll roll and parry and dash around folks. It's fun when the game doesn't freeze.
    Just imagine 18 upgrades from now >_<.

Woww it the secrect use parry o counter attack, im not update yet cause of net work not work :(
  • Options
    Checked the latest update and did not see players with absurdly high power rating. But paralysis of your avatar or your opponent is still there, even for training sessions. The player who outwaits the other is declared the winner even if he was the one killed first, ha ha. Fair or unfair? Well, you decide. And losers having points taken away is surely unfair. Every extra battle you play for the day costs you 5 gems and weak players are penalised further for losing by having points taken away, lowering their morale and fun factor in the game. Sad(distic).
  • Options
    Steverino28Steverino28 Registered Users 4 Posts
    The only issue I see with pvp is the occasional freeze, which is incredibly frustrating for someone with 1300 points or more because you are guaranteed to lose 100 plus points. That is unless you are willing to wait out the other person for 15 mins.

If you think there is not any skilled required, clearly you are dashing and continually hitting the button in hopes it works. Someone who is skilled will simply dodge you and set you up. There is more skill than you think. I suggest having patience and dodging a lot.
  • Options
    The only issue I see with pvp is the occasional freeze, which is incredibly frustrating for someone with 1300 points or more because you are guaranteed to lose 100 plus points. That is unless you are willing to wait out the other person for 15 mins.

If you think there is not any skilled required, clearly you are dashing and continually hitting the button in hopes it works. Someone who is skilled will simply dodge you and set you up. There is more skill than you think. I suggest having patience and dodging a lot.

Thanks for your encouragement, but I have tons of patience and skills. Here's why.

null_zps7495cb2d.png

I just had 5 battles, if you can call them battles, cos in ALL 5 I could not move a muscle (paralysed) from the tip of my hair to my tootsies.
    But I won all the battles cos of my tons of patience and (erham) skills. In the screenshot, I am playing possum and waiting for my opponent to scream in frustration (if only you can hear the scream instead of the standard aayiiiyah). My opponent was my 4th battle foe and the screenshot was my 5th battle and the poor chap was unlucky to pick me again. You see

I can wait till the cows come home
    I can wait till the crap in Uranus calcify
    I can wait till I stand alone
    I can wait till there in none left to die

He he, terrible lyrics for a good song!
    I am beginning to appreciate PvP as a good source of entertainment but not as a tournament.
  • Options
    sofakingboss89sofakingboss89 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Thanks for your encouragement, but I have tons of patience and skills. Here's why.

null_zps7495cb2d.png

I just had 5 battles, if you can call them battles, cos in ALL 5 I could not move a muscle (paralysed) from the tip of my hair to my tootsies.
    But I won all the battles cos of my tons of patience and (erham) skills. In the screenshot, I am playing possum and waiting for my opponent to scream in frustration (if only you can hear the scream instead of the standard aayiiiyah). My opponent was my 4th battle foe and the screenshot was my 5th battle and the poor chap was unlucky to pick me again. You see

I am beginning to appreciate PvP as a good source of entertainment but not as a tournament.

It's unfortunate that this bug exists, but i have been able to last 10 minutes to get wins from those who this happens to; not gonna lose 150+ points cause i can't wait 10 minutes lol.
  • Options
    Yeah me too got crushed this morning. Last night up to number 5 (sofakingboss did whoop me) then 3 freezes and two lag issues down to 1200 pts. It's like roulette quit when you are up
  • Options
    sofakingboss89sofakingboss89 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Yeah me too got crushed this morning. Last night up to number 5 (sofakingboss did whoop me) then 3 freezes and two lag issues down to 1200 pts. It's like roulette quit when you are up

haha :P, i havn't had an issue with being frozen on my side, but i've faced a few that had that problem. but even worse imo is the hackers with insane power rating
  • Options
    I agree. I have seen only a few of those. Another tough thing for me is I love the dragon breakers, but am losing the close combat due to the reach of mystery axe
  • Options

null_zps7495cb2d.png

I'm so glad you posted this! I just got +37 points for being a possum.

7649 power rating. 818 battle points now!