Options

Cheater gets owned! Screenies!

sofakingboss89sofakingboss89 Registered Users 23 Posts
So i was playing a few minutes ago against this guy, he apparently had a hacked Dragon's Bane which could kill me in a couple shots with dash without blade whirl.
But i ended up winning 2/0 both times;

His Power Rating was 17789, almost double mine.

Fight #1
IMG_0395_zps1a3125fe.png

Fight #2
IMG_0397_zpsb1c86ee5.png

feels nice getting easy points, but yeah the hacked items gotta go!

I'll upload more images if i come across anymore cheaters.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    IMG_0403_zps8f5cbdde.png
    Another one, way higher power rating; and kicked my ass the next 2 battles. =(

IMG_0405_zpsaad86fc4.png
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Might wana watch out with people with names like that second post you did (dont know the language) i have had alot of users say those are the type of users to use 1 hit kill weapons, apthough i have yet to see one
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    well i decided to check out china servers tonight, since they have 100 players on; and i figured that those 2 top players would be hanging out there; wouldn't you know i found this guy 2 battles into playing and destroyed him; then he came back and took my rank 1 away with cheats.

any idea if dev's know about this or are working to fix it?
  • Options
    They need to find what are they doing to edit the weapons attributes and damage dealt. And i have tried to find it but there is no info on this anywhere. But they must already know. Players have seen this many times, theres even a thread full of users who have played with users like this in boss rush
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    They need to find what are they doing to edit the weapons attributes and damage dealt. And i have tried to find it but there is no info on this anywhere. But they must already know. Players have seen this many times, theres even a thread full of users who have played with users like this in boss rush

Perhaps the game data are stored in a non-human readable format which can only be edited via programming. This China warrior probably is a former Glu game developer.
  • Options
    The app may use encryption, i have had a look inside the "ewarriors2" file. Doesnt look like any human language heres a picture as some text i grabbed from the mainData folder

Here is what i found in ewarriors2 file

C36A2DBF-C867-4ABE-B376-53780586AFDE-5032-000000FCCBF194DC_zpsc77cbd98.jpg

And here is some text like i said before grabbed from the mainData file

@)¼//+Œ;““,<••Ð,››Ð,˜~~h.++x0t++ð1++7t++ˆ8++˜:++¨<3à<O0=7h=C°=7è=3 >;`>K °>K!?;"@?G#ˆ?7$À?K%@S&amp;h@;'¨@&lt;(è@D)0A&lt;*pA<+°A<,ðA<-0B<.pB</°B<0ðB<10C<2pC<3°CD4øC<58D\6˜DY7øD@88E@9xE@:¸E@;øE@<8F@=xF>ˆF!!?˜F!!@¨F!!A¸F!!BÈF!!CØF!!DèF
    QQEøF

This is a non human language. These are actual text from the app and its files. (never play with this or you may corrupt the game and your data on it, seriously dont delete/add a single word or sign, who knows what will happen and there maybe no way to recover the data if u end up deleting/corrupting it, unless saved on icloud but still dangerous if u mistakenly save the bad data, just try to avoid touching this )
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    very good ideal explain how their chinese programmed so easier to break in center core for such great protection game made by GLU USA their are smarter then we may expected
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    don't forget use ifunbox to backup your savegame file into your PC that easier
  • Options
    I'm curious if it's possible for dev's to put an anti-cheat that just detects if a player's weapon/armor attributes exceed the maximum possible value, and then blocks player from entering tournament games if they do.

Doesn't sound too complicated to implement
  • Options
    I'm curious if it's possible for dev's to put an anti-cheat that just detects if a player's weapon/armor attributes exceed the maximum possible value, and then blocks player from entering tournament games if they do.

Doesn't sound too complicated to implement

Theres already a jailbreak detection on the game, jailbroken phones like my iphone 5 can only play practice mode. Even if you get your data from the cloud i cant play on a non jailbroken device which sucks since i been using this game for so long but dont you think if the devs put a block in place the person who is cheating could just bypass it somehow. Jailbreak detection has me stuck in practice for now hahaha
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Theres already a jailbreak detection on the game, jailbroken phones like my iphone 5 can only play practice mode. Even if you get your data from the cloud i cant play on a non jailbroken device which sucks since i been using this game for so long but dont you think if the devs put a block in place the person who is cheating could just bypass it somehow. Jailbreak detection has me stuck in practice for now hahaha

I don't think disabling tournament for those with higher than possible power rating is much harder than detecting if your device is jailbroken. We shouldn't be seeing these hackers in a ranked leaderboard among legit players.
  • Options
    I don't think disabling tournament for those with higher than possible power rating is much harder than detecting if your device is jailbroken. We shouldn't be seeing these hackers in a ranked leaderboard among legit players.

But how will glu tell if someone is cheating or not? Thos mechanism your talking about may interfiere with legit players results and might ban them. Im sure there are some pretty high up playerd in the rankings. But some work hard. Yes there are some hackers who cheat to win in pvp but not all who have a high score do this. Im wondering how these people may be doing it, remember that jailbreakers are the one who can edit the whole file system, but if they are blocked from pvp then how can they get in it if theres a jailbreak detection. If someone could bypass a jailbreak detection what will be so hard about doing the same for a power limit block. Just wonder how they are doing this because most people are clueless anout this, i dont even have a idea about how its done. I tried to come up with ways on how this may be possible and the app kept crashing after loading a game. So they have to be doing something only a small ammount of people know how to do, lets hope it gets patched soon.
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    But how will glu tell if someone is cheating or not? Thos mechanism your talking about may interfiere with legit players results and might ban them. Im sure there are some pretty high up playerd in the rankings. But some work hard. Yes there are some hackers who cheat to win in pvp but not all who have a high score do this. Im wondering how these people may be doing it, remember that jailbreakers are the one who can edit the whole file system, but if they are blocked from pvp then how can they get in it if theres a jailbreak detection. If someone could bypass a jailbreak detection what will be so hard about doing the same for a power limit block. Just wonder how they are doing this because most people are clueless anout this, i dont even have a idea about how its done. I tried to come up with ways on how this may be possible and the app kept crashing after loading a game. So they have to be doing something only a small ammount of people know how to do, lets hope it gets patched soon.

Viewdidload function:

If (int_power > max_poss)
    {
    //Disable pvp tournament button function here
    }

Something like this would be easy to implement >_<
  • Options
    If something that easy were to be added couldnt it be deleted that easily, just go into the file tjat its stored in and delete that section? (sure encrypting the text will work for a while but they always find a way). Im sure they could use the players power to see if it exceeds a impossible ammount. The game is being runned on gamecenter. Their is no way to ban these people, if they are banned wjats stopping them from doing it again, a UDID ban would not be affective at all.
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    If something that easy were to be added couldnt it be deleted that easily, just go into the file tjat its stored in and delete that section? (sure encrypting the text will work for a while but they always find a way). Im sure they could use the players power to see if it exceeds a impossible ammount. The game is being runned on gamecenter. Their is no way to ban these people, if they are banned wjats stopping them from doing it again, a UDID ban would not be affective at all.

There can be an online function that drops the player with Higher than Max power rating, and disconnecting the legit player; Resulting in no win/loss for legit player, and no way for hacker to ruin the tournament for legit players.

All they need to do is get the max power rating if they don't already have it, and implement this feature to drop those who exceed it.

Max power i believe can be achieved with max potential mystery set at the moment. Mystery Axe with 5x 149 attack/element damage, all 5 Mystery Armors with 5x 419 Elemental Resistance each.

Any player power rating above a maxed out mystery set should be dropped or disconnected in tournament pvp
  • Options

I don't believe that even through software you ever get access to .h / .m / .xib / and storyboard files? Correct me if I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    I don't believe that even through software you ever get access to .h / .m / .xib / and storyboard files? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

If the devs can solve the max player level in EW1 and EW2, where players were over level 100, why cant they do that for weapon max? You need to be online to be in the tournament, so how hard can it be for the game program to scan the players before they are allowed into the tournament? After all the message "looking for player info" appear when you start the game.

I keep testing PvP and I have experience funny goings-on. I have experienced more freezes than anyone I read about, 7 out of 10. Do these freezes happen more on ipad or iphone? My movement becomes slow or my taps unresponsive and yes I know about the positive and negative attributes that appear randomly. And I wonder how battle points are awarded or docked. The points received and docked are between 1 and a few hundred.

Tips for Players who have no chance of ever winning the tournament can still earn free gems by playing in the tournament. You dont have to fight and waste time fighting, just quit as soon as the fight starts. Your aim is to get into battles because the more battles you get into the more daily gems award you will get, win or lose. Dont buy battle energy slots as every 30 minutes you are given 1 battle energy up to 5 battle energy every 150 minutes. The countdown clock lets you know how long before you get you next battle energy (countdown restarts every 30 mins).
  • Options
    Viewdidload function:

If (int_power > max_poss)
    {
    //Disable pvp tournament button function here
    }

Something like this would be easy to implement >_<

The Chinese warrior can easily break that code hehe via metaprogramming or cracking the game :D
  • Options
    ron wrote: »
    The Chinese warrior can easily break that code hehe via metaprogramming or cracking the game :D

Hack what? There is no source code to see...
  • Options
    All the hacker needs is the ipa to eternity warriors 2. Some things cant be viewed completely due to its tremendous size on the iphone. For example opening and reading a 5mb file isn't the best thing on a iphone. If they are to reallly check the game out they would go on a PC and view the files and edit it there. On a PC everything can be viewed fine. Example, we all know apple makes millions and millions with no trouble. They are one of the biggest companies out there. Now imgone their security team. They secure their iOS. They pit alot of men/women to work on this to find and patch exploits (they even have a famous jailbreaker working for them) and some people out there still can exploit iOS and get root access, this id hard to do becauE its not just one exploit, its one after another after another. Theres multiple ones. If these people can donthat to a phones operating system how can they not do something to a game on that same system. (Apple is so serious about buying exploits to fix them that for a single exploit you are willing to sell they will pay $100,000 to $250,000 US dollars. If one person were to have fivethey would get payed from $500,000 to $1,250,000 dollars, the last jailbreak made which is now patched had 5 exploits, they could have gotten rich, dont know why they did not sell one or 2. They have many more saved for the future in ios 7)
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Hack what? There is no source code to see...

There is a reverse engineering tool
  • Options
    There is a reverse engineering tool

Thats exactly what they use to find exploits too ron, nice, i forgot about that :)
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Ahh, yeah that makes sense if you have access to the IPA AND there is a reverse engineering tool. I didn't know of such a tool, but just looked it up. That IS powerful stuff. I also don't have as much experience anymore with jailbroken devices, ha!

That's pretty high level stuff that not many people can easily do though. I mean, if someone really wants to succeed that badly then I guess they can..and it's even scarier if they're selling it over there :/
  • Options
    Only exploits getting bought are from the iOS operating system. I understand why apple would pay so much. Users can download pirated apps and other things which rip off gaming companies. Another reason why apple wpuld want to buy them is because its rare to find a exploit in iOS, not everyone can do. One exploit helps the other amd then the other and then the other, think of it as a chain. Past jailbreak had 5 exploits, take out one and the whole chain falls apart. Apple added KASLR to ios 6 which made it harder to jailbreak, i wont go into detail in it because explaining it will take some time and most of the people wont understand it but it makes it harder to jailbreak because of what it does, it stands for Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization. Im sure people can get more than $250,000 if they ask for more.
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Only exploits getting bought are from the iOS operating system. I understand why apple would pay so much. Users can download pirated apps and other things which rip off gaming companies. Another reason why apple wpuld want to buy them is because its rare to find a exploit in iOS, not everyone can do. One exploit helps the other amd then the other and then the other, think of it as a chain. Past jailbreak had 5 exploits, take out one and the whole chain falls apart. Apple added KASLR to ios 6 which made it harder to jailbreak, i wont go into detail in it because explaining it will take some time and most of the people wont understand it but it makes it harder to jailbreak because of what it does, it stands for Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization. Im sure people can get more than $250,000 if they ask for more.

In short or for stakeholders view the KASLR is simply to make it hard to jailbreak iOS. Android jailbreaking is not against the law :D
  • Options
    Ron congress made jailbreaking legal some time ago, it should be legal in all states. Well as far as i know only jailbreaking iphones and ipods are legal because when the rule or whatever its called was made ipads did not exist at the time but they should all be legal (not counting the apple tv since i dont own or have any type of info on that)

Just checked apple forum and its legal.

For everyone who does not know jailbreaking will void your warranty, no support will be given by apple to you. Your warranty is no longer valid if jailbroken.
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Ron congress made jailbreaking legal some time ago, it should be legal in all states. Well as far as i know only jailbreaking iphones and ipods are legal because when the rule or whatever its called was made ipads did not exist at the time but they should all be legal (not counting the apple tv since i dont own or have any type of info on that)

Just checked apple forum and its legal.

For everyone who does not know jailbreaking will void your warranty, no support will be given by apple to you. Your warranty is no longer valid if jailbroken.

Yep :rolleyes: same as rooting Android will just break the warranty.

Edit: rooting and flashing Android
  • Options
    Well their is probably some contreversy on unlocking your iphone through jailbreaking which i think is still legal but im not sure about it. Jailbreaking is legal though :D
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Well their is probably some contreversy on unlocking your iphone through jailbreaking which i think is still legal but im not sure about it. Jailbreaking is legal though :D

Is that mean iPhone users can't change service providers? Sorry Kush I don't have an iPhone. I'm still waiting for the plastic iPhone to come up with cheap price haha
  • Options
    Is that mean iPhone users can't change service providers? Sorry Kush I don't have an iPhone. I'm still waiting for the plastic iPhone to come up with cheap price haha

Haha i totally forgot apple will be coming up with a cheaper iphone, one thats not as good as the real one that are expesive but atleast its something. But yes we can switch providers but it needs to be unlocked by the company itself. Not software, jailbreaks allow some type of program to unlock phones. Also theres the option to flash the ipads baseband on it, but it can BRICK your phone. It will not work at all. No wifi or anything. Ofcourse now they came up with a way to take off the ipads baseband but its super dangerous to flash it with the ipads baseband, personally i would never risk it unless i do research first. But i will always use this provider so unlocking, even legally, does not matter to me
    IMG%5D