Options

Best Dragon's Bane!

luckygiantluckygiant Registered Users 8 Posts
Firstly as a disclaimer, I've read a wealth of threads (including the very informative 'lets talk about crit') and realise the bane is not the best weapon you can obtain, but it's the best I've got for now and the most easily accessible for most players.

So... I've have had a few goes at upgrading these and the bonuses I've come across are:

+6% critical hit rate
+70-99 attack by element (poison, ice, thunder, fire)
+70-99 pure attack (non-elemental)
+14% dmg when critical

I was wondering a couple of things:
1) what are the maximum values for each of the above bonuses?
2) what are the best bonuses for the bane? (is it +dmg rather than +crit?)

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    What your flatform?
  • Options
    Android, the values vary by platform?
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    how does dragon bane compare to the general spear?
  • Options
    rendevousrendevous Registered Users 27 Posts
    let's focus only to DB coz it's the most easily/commonly accessible item to them. i don't know the best attrib and max attrib but i think you have to focus on pure attack.
  • Options
    puccapucca Registered Users 36 Posts
    I have read the Critical hit topic, and what keeps we wondering is that how can people talk about experimenting critical on Dragon Breaker so nonchalantly. I've been trying hard but could not get a single critical attribute. Is there something I'm missing?
    Lvl 67 Grand Dragon Lord
    Proud of getting full Mystery set without paying a single $ to buy gem :D
  • Options
    VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    pucca wrote: »
    I have read the Critical hit topic, and what keeps we wondering is that how can people talk about experimenting critical on Dragon Breaker so nonchalantly. I've been trying hard but could not get a single critical attribute. Is there something I'm missing?
    It just takes a long time, lots of patience, and a ton of reloading. They will eventually come.
  • Options
    bluephoenix71bluephoenix71 Registered Users 10 Posts
    @rendevous

what is the difference of pure attack, poison attack, thunder attack, ice and fire? Which is better in boss rush rooms?
  • Options
    VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    I just finished making mine with pure attack:
    image_zpsb94c1eff.jpg
    Pure attack is better IMO because it will damage everything. Certain enemies have elemental resistances. So lets say your weapon has lots of poison attack. It will damage most enemies well, but when your up against spiders that have poison resistance it won't do nearly as much damage. So the pure attack is the most versatile because it isn't weak against anything.
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    it hasnt been proven that the monsters have elemental resists, pure atk was also tested against crits & by far fall short of it, all the elemental atks does are DOT.
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    it hasnt been proven that the monsters have elemental resists, pure atk was also tested against crits & by far fall short of it, all the elemental atks does are DOT.

Are you referring to the Breaker or Bane?

For the Bane, if you upgrade with all + crit hit stuff you will likely crit an extra 30% of the time or so.
    If a crit = +50% of the weapon damage, you'd be looking at 3841 base x 50% dmg x 30% chance = 529 bonus dmg
    If you upgraded with all attack you'd be looking at +500 ish bonus dmg.

Not much in it really.

Reason crit on the Breaker is so good appears to be the dual wielding + higher crit % from upgrades means you only need 2-3 slots of crit to get a much better chance to crit than the bane. Then you can use the last couple of slots for +20% dmg when crit which is probably bonus 800 or so.
  • Options
    puccapucca Registered Users 36 Posts
    At the moment I think pure damage is more stable. You can easily collect the gems needed to upgrade Dragon Breaker with a Dragon Bane. Aiming at both of them seems more practical than choosing one between two.

Finally got DB, after 30 mins of parrying whatever the goddamn black dragon spits at me ... This proves that you don't need a strong weapon and level 60+ to beat Black :D (I am level 56, with a ~1100 damage weapon) Cheers!
    Lvl 67 Grand Dragon Lord
    Proud of getting full Mystery set without paying a single $ to buy gem :D
  • Options
    bluephoenix71bluephoenix71 Registered Users 10 Posts
    so it's better combination for critical hit rate and pure atk?
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    so it's better combination for critical hit rate and pure atk?

I personally tried critical hit and +attack on breaker and can verify that crit damage is the best pair
  • Options
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    I personally tried critical hit and +attack on breaker and can verify that crit damage is the best pair

Are u online now christ?
  • Options
    Ehh, yeah but if I connect to GameCenter the app immediately crashes :/
  • Options
    Ehh, yeah but if I connect to GameCenter the app immediately crashes :/

You haved a lot trouble than me :(
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    You haved a lot trouble than me :(

That's what I get for beta testing the new phone software ;)
  • Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    That's what I get for beta testing the new phone software ;)

Failures and setbacks are good for young people because you come out stronger, smarter and quicker once you overcome your troubles. Of course there'll be those who fade away but you are surely not one of them. Cheers.