Options

PvP Strategy's

MeekzMeekz Registered Users 11 Posts
So is there any good PvP strategies out there? Discuss?

Comments

• Options
    Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Yes, there are many strategies, play styles and different tactics. Over the course of this 3 Tournaments I have fought many strong players from the top of the ladder and can say that each of them got their own personal playing style. Some are aggressive and bold, some are cautions and reserved.
    Also a lot is determined by your weapon and helmet and how good is your connection (faster connection is NOT necessary better).
    Me for example, can't play good on my iPhone 5, as I find buttons too small for me and I keep missing them. I prefer iPad.

Over all there are 5 factors that contributes to a victory:
    1 - Gear.
    2 - Your knowledge of different skills and power ups how they work, as well as their animations, sounds and icons.
    3 - Knowledge of game mechanics. Like - can you parry 2nd stage of Dash attack and not suffer bleeding damage from 3rd stage Ground smash?
    4 - understand your ping and ping/lag of your enemy. Tactics, strategies and even playing styles have to adapt in order for you to win against some situations due to high or low ping.
    5 - when fighting always take your opponents seriously. I had personally won some thought matches, just because I was allowed to run around with no HP, then getting HP regen, rage regen and attack boost.

As for basic strategy:
    Preserve your rage, grab power ups, try to save stamina for 1 emergency roll.

Basic tactics:
    Always play with sound on. Listen for skill sounds, on what stage is your enemy' dash attack? Did he just rolled? Was that sound from failed/canceled charge skill? Utilise roll not only to avoid, but also to catch or counter attack. Plan your next move based on power up you/your enemy picked up.

Basic combat:
    Parry attacks. Try combining Dash + Roll. Don't forget about normal attacks, as they interrupt enemy's action as well as deal dmg. Stunned opponents will recover if they are hit by Dash's spin attack.

Other then that - practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to play. Losing to a stronger rival is not necessary a bad thing. Just play, learn and become better!
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    Meekz wrote: »
    So is there any good PvP strategies out there? Discuss?

The speed, power and range of a weapon matters.... Some players told me that my General Spear interrupts them because its fast.