Options

unfair treatment for players with rooted devices

T4underboltT4underbolt Registered Users 54 Posts
Why can't I play in tournaments because my device is rooted.I was playing and upgrading my hero for about a year.I didn't even use this trick with restoring from Cloud when I was upgrading items(many players upgraded their set using this trick).what if I'm not pleased with stock system and wanted custom ROM to get better system and performance.this sucks.I suppose its done to prevent from cheating but everywhere I look I see complains about cheaters so this solution is useless.You make people who wants better performance and explore android to get better knowledge unable to play tournament even if its for everyone.I want glu to unlock tournaments for people who has rooted devices.
LVL: 71 | Title: Dragon Lord | Weapon: Dragon Breakers | Helmet: Wyrm Slayer's Helm | Shoulder: General's Shoulder | Belt: General's Belt | Armpiece: General's Armpiece | Leggins: General's Leggins

Comments

• Options
    Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
    Why can't I play in tournaments because my device is rooted.I was playing and upgrading my hero for about a year.I didn't even use this trick with restoring from Cloud when I was upgrading items(many players upgraded their set using this trick).what if I'm not pleased with stock system and wanted custom ROM to get better system and performance.this sucks.I suppose its done to prevent from cheating but everywhere I look I see complains about cheaters so this solution is useless.You make people who wants better performance and explore android to get better knowledge unable to play tournament even if its for everyone.I want glu to unlock tournaments for people who has rooted devices.

Hello,
    I would recommend submitting the Ticket to the support centre.
    In "Issue" select "Not compatible with device"
    And explain your problem.
    Hope this helps!

PS - could you please post their reply on this issue here, as it will help all other people with similar problem.
    I'm God of Tea
    Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    its stupid, even people without jailbreak on iOS can still use cheats with modified savegame & still join tournaments!
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    yeah thats why Its useless to making such restrictions. It makes many pro players impossible to play and show their skills
    LVL: 71 | Title: Dragon Lord | Weapon: Dragon Breakers | Helmet: Wyrm Slayer's Helm | Shoulder: General's Shoulder | Belt: General's Belt | Armpiece: General's Armpiece | Leggins: General's Leggins
  • Options
    JanyckJanyck Registered Users 22 Posts
    I fully agree with T4underbolt opinion. Glu fix it !!! A lot of paying players can not play tournament.
    lvl 72 Grand Dragon Lord with fully upgraded General's Armor

"I am real player not a cheater, even I have rooted device"
  • Options
    lorenzo.glorenzo.g Registered Users 2 Posts
    I totally agree!!!

I worked my way up to lvl 62 with a sony xperia arc that was too slow to play on multiplayer.... this hopefully gives an idea of how serious a player I am and how much I hate the idea of cheating and get hudreds thousands gems and coins with a button click.

When i upgraded to a nexus 4 I finally could join multiplayer and so got dragons bane and started upgrading bane and gear. I remember reaching level 70 and grand dragon lord in a matter of 2-3 weeks, crazy sessions to collect all elements I needed!

In the meanwhile I got bored with the game since I reached the best level and game was already to easy for me (this was back in the days of version 2, when no Hard Mode nor PvP was yet there). So I stopped playing for a while and simply forgot about it.

Then I started tinkering with kernel cause I felt my phone was going just too hot sometimes, so I rooted and started experimenting undervolting and so on...

After a while I open EW2 again and see all the new features: boss rush, general armor, mystery box, hard mode, PvP... so I just got into it again!!!

But what a disappointment that I cannot play tournament! so why? is it because you think we all cheat? Even if we do the titanium backup trick with the save and reload trick to get max upgrades without spending glu credits, this is still the very same of iDevice players that could max out their gear with the save and reload trick over iCloud... the only difference between the two is -so far i got it- that while with the titanium trick you DON'T get the glu credits back after reloading, with iCloud one you do! So even more handicap for us!!!

To summarize: this is really an unfair treatment for us android users!!!

I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

L
  • Options
    This... let's say bug with using TB and not getting back GLU coins is because glu coins are mainly stored on server side. Ofc you have got glu files on your phone storage but this is only to verify your glu points. This is also the reason why do we get bug with -22245344646 glu or 0 glu. If you get some glu points online it saves to server and then after leaving the game to your phone storage. If you forget to perform a backup and lose your data you will have to restore old backup with other files with glu points. This will cause unmatching between server data and storage data that cause glu to be 0 or even -224234335.

I suggest to make a ticket and ask for changing game in next patch so rooted user can play as well but I doubt that will be done. Ofc its still useless because many people play from rooted devices anyway.
  • Options
    has anyone try to unroot then join tournament? did it work? i think the way they block is by android id, so even if u switch devices but with the same account, some people are still block on tournament.
  • Options
    They cannot do that.Otherwise someone who has rooted device and unrooted it to get to tournament wouldnt be able to play even if there is no restrictions for him anymore.Anyway as I know many people with root still plays(because as you can see there are still cheaters in the tournament).The fact user has rooted phone doesnt mean he is going to cheat,but that should be also info for glu that this way of preventing from cheating doesnt work and only make many good players unable to play
  • Options
    They cannot do that.Otherwise someone who has rooted device and unrooted it to get to tournament wouldnt be able to play even if there is no restrictions for him anymore.Anyway as I know many people with root still plays(because as you can see there are still cheaters in the tournament).The fact user has rooted phone doesnt mean he is going to cheat,but that should be also info for glu that this way of preventing from cheating doesnt work and only make many good players unable to play

most of the known cheaters are on iOS since they can cheat without having to jailbreak which beats the purpose of this restrictions...