Options

iOS 7 and the new iPhones

Will EW2 support iOS 7 and the new iPhones?

Comments

• Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    that depends if they're gonna recode it to 64bit
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    USAKSCUSAKSC Registered Users 33 Posts
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    that depends if they're gonna recode it to 64bit

That will not matter for the 5c. It does not have the 64 bit processor. It has the A6 not the A7.
  • Options
    Trackers2Trackers2 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I already installed ios7 on my i-phone 4... now it will not start EW2 any more. anyone has a solution for this problem?!...
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    maybe you should wait for actual release of iOS7 & a new version of EW2 should follow. altho one of the iOS developers are here in the forum & i think he manage to make it work for himself, you should ask ChrisTot.

EW2 needs to be recoded for iOS7 no matter what, recompiling won't be enough, this is 32bit vs 64bit OS all over again but this time its not Windows. If apple didnt threw in a 64 bit curveball then it would have been a cakewalk for developers, now you have a 32-bit iOS compilation and a 64-bit iOS version. That probably means there'll be two iOS7 versions; 32bit for the 5c & 64bit for the 5s since A6 is not 64bit architecture while A7 is.

Beta is been out for months, pretty sure EW2 is ready for it. Also what i heard is iOS7 will only be compatible starting for iP4s & upwards, not sure might have to check the keynote again.
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    USAKSCUSAKSC Registered Users 33 Posts
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    maybe you should wait for actual release of iOS7 & a new version of EW2 should follow. altho one of the iOS developers are here in the forum & i think he manage to make it work for himself, you should ask ChrisTot.

EW2 needs to be recoded for iOS7 no matter what, recompiling won't be enough, this is 32bit vs 64bit OS all over again but this time its not Windows. If apple didnt threw in a 64 bit curveball then it would have been a cakewalk for developers, now you have a 32-bit iOS compilation and a 64-bit iOS version. That probably means there'll be two iOS7 versions; 32bit for the 5c & 64bit for the 5s since A6 is not 64bit architecture while A7 is.

Beta is been out for months, pretty sure EW2 is ready for it. Also what i heard is iOS7 will only be compatible starting for iP4s & upwards, not sure might have to check the keynote again.

I say again, the iPhone 5c does not have a 64-bit processor. The iOS is designed to work on both 32-bit processors (for iPhones 5c and earlier) and 64-bit processors (the iPhone 5s only).

Apple does not make 2 versions of the same iOS. It will be 1 version that is backward compatible.