Options

8th PvP Tournament 27/09/2013

Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
This thread is dedicated to 8th PvP Tournament.

TOP 10 warriors:
http://s2.postimg.org/6yj8g8r3t/image.jpg

You can post anything - your highest place on the ladder, things you like/dislike, your longest Streak, toughest opponent you fought, your weapon of choice, screens of any cheater you encounter and why you think they are cheating/hacking, or any feedback about this tournament or PvP in this game in general. You also may ask questions and seek advice regarding Tournament and PvP here, as well as providing your own findings and tips.

Below is a list of all previous tournament dedicated threads: **posts contain a lot of useful information about PvP**
7th Tournament 20/09/2013
6th Tournament 13/09/2013
5th Tournament 06/09/2013
4th Tournament 30/08/2013
3rd Tournament 22/08/2013
2nd Tournament
1st Tournament

Useful tips:
To take a screenshot on iPhone/iPad - press simultaneously lock screen/power and circle home buttons
To post a screen use this postimage.org page to upload your screen. When it's done copy Direct Link URL to forum post by clicking on picture icon or you can just provide it as direct link to your photo.
It is important to report cheaters/hackers. Do this by pressing Submit Ticket from menu at the top of this page. The more we express our concern the more likely/quicker that hacker will be removed from the game.
I'm God of Tea
Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos

Comments

• Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Android update now available
    ;)
  • Options
    JKRevanJKRevan Registered Users 4 Posts
    problem is, with all the ongoing issues, i bet tehre's alot of people not being able to participate...
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    ive updated.. what is this gifting business and that gold coin explosion icon near your google name
  • Options
    Tournament is in a full swing!
    Again, I'm playing on US server, as I still can't connect to China server.
    So many new faces on the ladder. I've decided to fight with my The Widow Makers in the first day. Boy, it's a powerful weapon! I have 11 victories so far and secured myself 7th place for now:

image.jpg

But for some reason I feel uncomfortable using dual weapons, it feels like something is missing. ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Played two more battles:

vs Dragon Breaker

image.jpg

And General's Spear

image.jpg

This brings my Win streak to a new record (13 wins) with dual weapons.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Even though I don't like dual weapons, I must admit I had a good PvP day fighting with them.
    So far I'm on 2nd place:

image.jpg

With 16 wins in a row:

image.jpg

But still it's so annoying that there are no players on European server and I'm forced to play on other servers that geographically very far away. + I can't play on China. Tried many times today and only got timeouts and disconnects.

I will call it a day,
    See ya all on battlefield tomorrow!
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    I admit that you are a great player chai. But how about us who cant even enjoy pvp becsuse of its flaws :(
    ... u cant jus4 close ur eyes there are already many players complaining :(
  • Options
    ron wrote: »
    I admit that you are a great player chai. But how about us who cant even enjoy pvp becsuse of its flaws :(
    ... u cant jus4 close ur eyes there are already many players complaining :(

Well to be honest, I do understand all the complaints, but in most cases they are not complaints in the fist place. People just don't get it. They don't get the general concept of PvP.

I'm 30 years old now, and I've been playing games since I was a kid. And most of all I loved to play PvP games - fighting, FPS, MMORPG, Real time strategy and any other that support multiplayer capabilities.

So what is Player vs Player (PvP)?

In PvP, as you fight/play with real people you should remember this:
    • There are NO two players that are the same.
    • There will be players who are better and who are not so, compared to you AND there might be players who are so good that compared to them you are nothing. So be prepared for this, it's life!
    • If the game is designed for Personal Computer (PC) or cross-platform or works on multiple devices. Be prepared that there will be people who got better/faster computer/devices than you. And that is life too. You adapt, play to the best of your abilities with what you got or get something better, or simply stop playing. But what ever you do please don't embarrass your selves by complaining about how unfair that some people got better hardware than you and how everything is lagging on your "calculator".
    • If the game you play is on Global Internet, be prepared that some people will have better connection then you. This could be both geographically and speed of your broadband. And, yes, it is life. So man up! If you want to successfully take part and be competitive in multiplayer PvP games, other then turn based, you will need a good internet connection.
    • Another of my favourite is "rooted/jailbroken" devices. Everybody knows why people jailbreak/root their devices and what might be the CONSEQUENCES for doing so, but no, they still moan and complain.

PS - this post is not related to you Ron. It is a post about what is PvP and what should be expected. Since I was a kid I have learned how unequal and different game can become when you are faced with REAL opponent and not with the familiar Monsters who's behaviour you learned inside out. I quickly realised that there are so many factors that affects how well you can perform in PvP. From how long your are playing, your character level and what gear you have, to factors like how fast is your computer, gaming mouse, keyboard and internet connection. And the more I learned the more I started to love and enjoy PvP! As I play I remember people, their playing style, what gear they have and how long are they playing this game. Do they team up with certain people, do they belong to a clan and so forth. Behind every player there is a story and a real person.
    It's just so much more satisfying when your PvP party with you in charge kills fully prepared party of Heroes in Lineage2 on official server. (heroes in this game are usually very PvP orientated high class players with epic gear). Or your designed PvP build is holding Hall of Fame for several hours in Guild Wars and you can see and communicate to your team on TeamSpeak how well they doing and give commands that will bring you victory, and that is priceless!

Do I want everyone to be the same, have the same hardware and internet connection, same peripherals and same size monitors, etc?!
    Hell no!

I want to see every player different and unique, as they are now! I want to see challenge and competition. As it's so much more rewarding, when you can defeat the guy, knowing that he had faster computer and internet connection and you still beat him with pure skill or your adaptability.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    **Walls of text**

This was pretty spot on.

People need to remember this is a free-mium game. GLU owes none of us anything. We make them tiny ad revenue at best (and they even have less ads than most). We have forum posts on here that explain how to get an optimum number of gems each day..if anything, we've "cost them money" by showing how easy it is to not rely on in app purchases. Let's not forget the forum posts on here that explain to people how they could have infinite coins/gems..yet another thing on this forum that's "cost" Glu money. It makes complete sense that they can determine people have the "abnormality" of not paying for infinite resources. Good for Glu for figuring out how to stop this. Does it suck that the reason you decided to have unlimited resources is because your save file got corrupted? Of course it does. I guess that gives you a whole new reason to level up to 75 again (for free). If that doesn't sound appetizing because the game has gotten stale then move on to the next game.

If you downloaded the game, and it held your attention for even 2 hours, then GLU succeeded and you should be thankful. Their game costs infinitely less than a movie ticket..if you got to level 75 then you have been free-rolling on an insane amount of value for a long time. Yes, there is a payment system, but unlike most free-mium games, given enough playing time, you can definitely acquire gear that is just as good as though who pay for it because Glu is less greedy than most. Would you have played the game if the best gear could only be acquired through purchase? I wouldn't.

All in all, I think the experience was a good one. At this point, I hope they have plans to make an Infinity Warriors 3 so that we can all start over on the same footing knowing that there should be less/no loopholes. Things like this would really be sweet:

1. Takes advantage of 64-bit
    2. New Content
    3. No Perfect Gear (same model as they have now, but things are grandfathered in atm..which is kinda the purpose of grandfathered in of course).

They've improved things in subtle ways already with the player level matching and such that we don't really notice because we've been spoiled. We've been "running people" through BR4 that are below level 10, allowing them to get the Dragon Breaker / Dragon's Bain instantly when we had to grind that stuff out for months to obtain. That actually ruin's new players' experience. Have you played Refuge with a Breaker on? It's super boring. It feels like 20 "I must play this level to go ahead and get my A" instead of 20 challenging levels where you have to try hard every step of the way. I remember when I first failed a LOT because I had to get the timing right for blocking archers, haha. I remember thinking purples are always better than blues, I assume (when I hadn't really tested either and was just going off what I know from other games). I remember thinking the same thing with Orange weapons. The search for the best Sickles was some of the most fun times this game had to offer when we all were looking for optimal Pharaoh gear, and if there wasn't a health/health, health/defense, defense/defense symbol than we weren't interested. We'd share pictures of our truly unique gear and our lucky rolls. Those were the highlights of the game I feel, and I hope that's what Infinity Warriors 3 is like.
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    If you guys playing on the latest update.. anyone figured out what that gifting thing yet?

Its on android but not sure on ios
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    no matter how you beat them hard and spend almost entire time for this PvP we still very difficult to get the top 1 helmet cause our access speed is loosing grab due to china use 100mb to 300mb internet access to any server in this game which is mean we been fool by glu
  • Options
    Hello everyone!
    We are down to last 8 hours of this tournament. Let's put our best efforts!

As for me, I still play on North American server and I use The Widow Makers. To my surprise I'm starting to like them. I still make a lot of silly mistakes, like wasting too much rage and forgetting that I got shorter reach in close combat, but I'll get there ^_^

I think there will be very intense battles for the first place in the last hours of this tournament! Already Benz* 94 got more then 2600 points. I envy Chinese a little, especially now when there are no Hackers and they can battle each other freely.

For now I'm on 10th place with just over 2100 points and 10 win streak:

image.jpg

Will do some more battles for an hour or so before work.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Hehehe, couldn't find a single battle in the last 2 hours. So my score stayed the same and I finished in 11th place:

image.jpg

And got this prize as a result:

image.jpg

I've decided to play with dual-weapons from now on ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Panhead667Panhead667 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Greate post and explaining.
    Syr my writhing skils but i give it a shot.

What hardware an conectiion is ok?
    I have played hardcore wow and pvp and doing pretty good on a average computer wiht 2 mbit conectiion.
    In this days i have new iPad and 60/60 mbit fiber and is lagging, 80% of my pvp games. Sems like 2-5 secunds delay.
    And average BP is 1200. And all time high is 1620 BP.
    I have tryed to Mix my gear. I have full mystery set and full buthcer set + helm of endurance, switching between dragon brekker, widow maker and mystery axe and stil cant see anny diference.
    But its a free game and i enjoy playing and would be werry happy if somone have a tip for me to solve this problem.
  • Options
    Panhead667 wrote: »
    Greate post and explaining.
    Syr my writhing skils but i give it a shot.

What hardware an conectiion is ok?
    I have played hardcore wow and pvp and doing pretty good on a average computer wiht 2 mbit conectiion.
    In this days i have new iPad and 60/60 mbit fiber and is lagging, 80% of my pvp games. Sems like 2-5 secunds delay.
    And average BP is 1200. And all time high is 1620 BP.
    I have tryed to Mix my gear. I have full mystery set and full buthcer set + helm of endurance, switching between dragon brekker, widow maker and mystery axe and stil cant see anny diference.
    But its a free game and i enjoy playing and would be werry happy if somone have a tip for me to solve this problem.

Hello Panhead,

The best device, in my opinion, is iPad 3 to play EW2. It will give you best performance, game runs smoothly and loads quickly. It's better to play on iPad then on iPhone5/5c/5s, as on the bigger screen skill buttons are bigger.

Good connection plays an important part in PvP games. But it also important in what part of the World are you in and what server are you trying to connect to. If you are from Europe, I would recommend using US server as your main and if you can connect try China. If you are from US, stick with your server.
    I would say that with new update and banning all the cheaters, this game became very popular in China. There are now almost 300 people just looking for battles and many more fighting any given time (it used to be no more then 120) when Tournaments are active.
    I think due to this very high demand China server is overloaded and simply can't cope with demand. And that's probably the reason you are experiencing lag. And as for me, I simply can't connect to it at all. (Well to be truly honest 1 in 20 attempts might go through and I could get match)

As for Gear I would recommend sticking with Mystery set + Helm of Endurance and use both The Widow Makers and Mystery Axe. Dragon Breakers are inferior to Widow, so I wouldn't recommend using them. But don't sell them yet, as I found them to be very useful for reaching top 50 quicker. With them you'll have more fights, as your gear score will be lower.

And for the future, lets hope Glu will invest in better more reliable PvP Server with the bigger bandwidth! ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Panhead667Panhead667 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    Hello Panhead,

The best device, in my opinion, is iPad 3 to play EW2. It will give you best performance, game runs smoothly and loads quickly. It's better to play on iPad then on iPhone5/5c/5s, as on the bigger screen skill buttons are bigger.

Good connection plays an important part in PvP games. But it also important in what part of the World are you in and what server are you trying to connect to. If you are from Europe, I would recommend using US server as your main and if you can connect try China. If you are from US, stick with your server.
    I would say that with new update and banning all the cheaters, this game became very popular in China. There are now almost 300 people just looking for battles and many more fighting any given time (it used to be no more then 120) when Tournaments are active.
    I think due to this very high demand China server is overloaded and simply can't cope with demand. And that's probably the reason you are experiencing lag. And as for me, I simply can't connect to it at all. (Well to be truly honest 1 in 20 attempts might go through and I could get match)

As for Gear I would recommend sticking with Mystery set + Helm of Endurance and use both The Widow Makers and Mystery Axe. Dragon Breakers are inferior to Widow, so I wouldn't recommend using them. But don't sell them yet, as I found them to be very useful for reaching top 50 quicker. With them you'll have more fights, as your gear score will be lower.

And for the future, lets hope Glu will invest in better more reliable PvP Server with the bigger bandwidth! ^_^

Thank you for replay mate
    Live in Norway and can conect in china and maybe 1of 10 i Get disconected but its faster to Get a game in china. I hope for more people on europ server :) se u out ther mate :)