Is it possible for monks and warriors to not get hurt by the rage damage?

EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
Is it possible for monks and warriors to not get hurt by the rage damage? By rage damage I mean like the damage you take when the enemy starts to turn red and push you back.

So far the only way I can counter it is with monk's final skill or warriors third skill, but it isn't very energy efficient because the enemies don't get hurt during that time.

Comments

• TharassinTharassin Registered Users 23 Posts
    The way i handle that situation is to step back "a little" because the boss is not suffering from any damage during that period of time.
  • ExaltedExalted Registered Users 5 Posts
    Yes you can parry that damage if you're a warrior, or dodge it if a monk. You can also do as Tharassin mentioned and just step back some so you are not in range to take that damage.
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    but doesn't the boss have to loss health to go into rage mode? The moment you are attacking, the rage mode activates and you lose your health.
  • TharassinTharassin Registered Users 23 Posts
    It depends on the boss, When Nian enters rage mode it knocks you back and its attack is unavoidable unless you aren't attacking it at close range. Other Bosses who enters rage mode have no knockbacks when entering that phase BUT if not carefull "Detonate" an attack of their own, be it an explosion or a simple knockback AFTER 1-2 seconds. It all depends on the boss.
  • Grave734Grave734 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I don't get hit by nian rage mode. I usually attack him from the back, he turns to you when he goes into rage so as long as you stop attacking right there you should be good. You can avoid it with any boss really. Even monks can avoid it if you are careful. The key is to attack them from "mid" range using single or double hits, not a full combo. Full combo will bring you too close, but you can pull off single hits from a bit of a distance.
  • KuranzaKuranza Registered Users 28 Posts
    everytime the monsters rage, I just parry the aura on my warrior

nian is no exception, I rarely get hit by his rage aura and I am always smacking him in the face with my large large sword..... just keep an eye for when their health drops to half and learn the rage animation