Just a thought on Monk's dodge

EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
I think that monk's dodge should be buffed. It should do at least 100%~200% damage. Both Warrior and Mage's defense skill attacks the opponent, but they also have side effects. Here's a comparison between the three character's defense skills.

What do their defense skills have?
Invulnerability:
Monk - Yes, lasts about the same as warrior and mage's invulerability
Warrior - Yes, during parry and, for a short while, after parry
Mage - Yes, during teleport and 1~2 seconds after landing

Damage opponents:
Monk - Nope
Warrior - Yes, it does a lot of damages with the shockwave
Mage - Yes, ice bolts

Special effects and cooldowns:
Monk - No side effects, 1.5 second cool down (which is basically 2 seconds)
Warrior - No side effects but also no cool down
Mage - Freezes opponents with 3 seconds cool down

Mana cost:
Monk - 30 mana cost (free with berserker items, but that's not default)
Warrior - Free
Mage - higher mana cost than the other two but mage has ridiculous mana regeneration

They either need to give monk a better side effect or at least give it some damage...

Comments

• NinjaTailNinjaTail Registered Users 9 Posts
    omg i didn't know only us monks had no dmg on def..how in hells name can someone defend and do dmg? >.< so unfair..

P.S:since we talking about monks do something with the armor design..warriors got awesome looking armor awhile us..ugly ..and always doesn't match
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    ya monk's dodge is pretty weak even with 2 sec timer. true we can dodge any attack but its only last the moment we press dodge. during our mid roll we are still vulerable to attack which is lame. But i guess this is a way to balance the game since our rage attack is total invincible. while war (dash) and mage (freeze) attack arent till the last sec of the animaiton.
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    mage's freeze actually is invulnerable during teleporting. dash, warrior's 5-hit skill, and monk's multi-fist attack all have invincibility at the end of the animation. I don't see how this is balanced because monk is the only class that can't go pass floor 129...at least that's what I heard.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    I agree, monk dodge is weak when compare to other.

However, it can not just do damage while being invincible. If PVP come in, the monk would just run around and wait to do free damage with the dodge attack, that not even parry can do damage to it. Mage is OK, because her freeze wont do damage, and ice bolts can easily be dodge or parry. Plus she is very much a dead meat while waiting for it to cool down, only think that would save her is the eruption skill to push enemy back.

So Im thinking that it should work like parry!!
    When he dodge, he will leave his afterimage that make out of energy, that only last half a sec. When it been attack, it will explode and deal damage in a small area, and the area with get bigger with the level of dodge. It would be a smaller scale of Qi Vortex, with just 1 hit, but still knock enemy down like Qi Vortex. Give monk the chance to go in and deal the real damage.
    mage's freeze actually is invulnerable during teleporting. dash, warrior's 5-hit skill, and monk's multi-fist attack all have invincibility at the end of the animation. I don't see how this is balanced because monk is the only class that can't go pass floor 129...at least that's what I heard.

Im just counting the moment mage reappear after tele. War's dash is invulnerable at the last sec but they cant cancel the animation like monk. monk can dodge at anytime during the fist attack. whirlwind and laser has no invulnerable phrase while ROV has invulnerable phrase for 2-4 sec depends on the tap bar.

While the game was somewhat balance b4 the update in term of class skill. Endless is like something that havent been tested b4 release.
    VoidBlader wrote: »

So Im thinking that it should work like parry!!
    When he dodge, he will leave his afterimage that make out of energy, that only last half a sec. When it been attack, it will explode and deal damage in a small area, and the area with get bigger with the level of dodge. It would be a smaller scale of Qi Vortex, with just 1 hit, but still knock enemy down like Qi Vortex. Give monk the chance to go in and deal the real damage.

this would be sweet skill if they added that.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    pelepala wrote: »
    this would be sweet skill if they added that.

Yeah, but in my eyes, monk is an assassin. He hits, and then runs. Warrior deals most damage because he is supposed to dish out damage, and stay even in the heat of battle, when normally a monk can dodge and run away
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    Another thing is that i can beat hall of divine with a 677 monk, so that means his dodge is really good, but its true that warriors parry is much better
    ^wait until you meet a boarman/catkin queen/orge at lvl 120+ in endless. You either keep on running and run out of time or try your best to attack and get smashed.
    ^wait until you meet a boarman/catkin queen/orge at lvl 120+ in endless. You either keep on running and run out of time or try your best to attack and get smashed.

I did. This is why i quit working on monk and am farming on my 9.4gs warrior

Well, i didnt run into one 120+, but i realized that monk is inferior to warrior in my eyes once i had to fight an ogre and a bearman along with a great swordsman.

I ran into that combo with warrior, dash, parry, parry, dash, two swipes, down.

Monk, hit, run, hit, run, hit, run, hit run, FINALLY, HALF DAMAGE! Hit, run, hit, run, hit, run, out of time, go back to town. ><
    Monk is inferior to all other classes, hence the need to buff its defense skill to make it at least competitive.
    If there were no time limits, monk would own everything since its so good at not taking damage
  • WadsWads Registered Users 10 Posts
    If you need Monk's dodge to do damage you're doing it wrong.
  • HellvisHellvis Registered Users 95 Posts
    Wads wrote: »

Do you play a monk? It would seem you have no idea what you are talking about. Monks compared to warriors and mages are inferior.

Programmers really need to look into this matter closely. Dodge does not need a buff, if anything allow 30 more seconds per round in endless tower.
    Hellvis
    <DegradeLand>
    Status - Legendary / Occupation - Badass / Resides -Filth Palace
    Wads wrote: »

I bet you haven't been to 120+ floors on endless.
  • DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    Monk is hit and run with the most powerful attacks.

If you haven't figured it yet.
    Monks dodges all attacks to build up crit orbs.
    By that stage the boss is then around 50% or close to it.
    Monk uses super move the bosses is dead.
    Thats how a monk is used, comparing that his dodge isn't as good as others is pointless. There all used different.

Monk doesn't need damage on dodge because his damage comes from his main skill and crit, while mages and warriors don't have the luxury of explosive damage so they need to hit higher/take more damage so damage on their dodge skill is there to assist with this.

There is no inferior classes as well there all balanced, monk isn't as good as other classes in endless mode i admit but in saying that, wait till PvP and there will be complaining that monk is overpowered.
    Demonic666
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Does the bonus damage passive skill (the orbs) work on monk? Pre update that skill wasn't even working which is stupid.
    ^it does, it's just that you can only get 1 orb every 3-5 seconds.
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    So in reality the skill is best used for boss battles when plenty of hits are inevitable. At least the orbs aren't consumed when you use the crowd control skill.