Options

Dear gluadmin, why is "Glu" being label as in inappropriate word?

Dear gluadmin. I'd been wanting to ask this for a while but was hestitant since I'm asking about a word that your team classified as inappropriate. But curiosity just got the better of me.

Seriously though, why did your team ban players from using the word "glu" in game chat? Are there so many players who had gotten ****ed off by the game that they started to use the word glu as profanity? Because I don't see players saying phrase like "glu you" or "you mother glu" or something similar. Is this word being banned by mistake, a bad joke pulled by one of your developers, or is it really meant to be banned. Because if it is really intended to be banned, then you might wish to consider changing your forum name. Otherwise people might start to mistaken you as a f***admin which I believed you are not.

Hope you can clarify this.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Dear gluadmin. I'd been wanting to ask this for a while but was hestitant since I'm asking about a word that your team classified as inappropriate. But curiosity just got the better of me.

Seriously though, why did your team ban players from using the word "glu" in game chat? Are there so many players who had gotten ****ed off by the game that they started to use the word glu as profanity? Because I don't see players saying phrase like "glu you" or "you mother glu" or something similar. Is this word being banned by mistake, a bad joke pulled by one of your developers, or is it really meant to be banned. Because if it is really intended to be banned, then you might wish to consider changing your forum name. Otherwise people might start to mistaken you as a f***admin which I believed you are not.

Hope you can clarify this.

Im pretty sure they banned it so that people can scream profanity in chat TO Glu. Not like it stopped me from doing so when i couldnt find murdermaker on JC after a couple thousand kills.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Im pretty sure they banned it so that people can scream profanity in chat TO Glu. Not like it stopped me from doing so when i couldnt find murdermaker on JC after a couple thousand kills.

Yes the bleep asterisks are there to help vocabulary challenged ranters remain compliant with the profanity posting guidelines. However, that's not the question being asked.

Why was the term G-L-U getting bleeped? Evidently this is the case but also evident is the fact that "GLU" is no longer bleeped. We know this because it shows up in the first post.
  • Options
    StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    Wt f are you talking about rewand haha? GLU IS filtered, that's what this convo is about. Don't know where u seen that it wasn't lol. Talking about nonsense lol. We are talking about In game so we 'don't' know this from the first post or w/e t f you are trying to pretend to prove lol
  • Options
    ResolvedResolved Registered Users 98 Posts
    Illuminati. Lool
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    just use GIu, it look the same with in game font.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Well Glu'd basically means fudged up, if you know what I mean. If the f word is not allowed, I think I can understand why Glu isn't too.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Stpwner wrote: »
    Wt f are you talking about rewand haha? GLU IS filtered, that's what this convo is about. Don't know where u seen that it wasn't lol. Talking about nonsense lol. We are talking about In game so we 'don't' know this from the first post or w/e t f you are trying to pretend to prove lol

Perhaps you think I'm claiming that the glu SITE is not filtered. Not so. The original post is claiming that the term "glu" is labeled as an inappropriate word and that is what I was referencing.

GLU, glu, Glu, glued etc all show up without stars. At least I see it all over in the forums.
  • Options
    StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    I'm not talking about anything to do with the site lol. Learn English and respond properly next time. Jesus ur dumb