Options

The monk sucks!!!!!!!!

bidsybidsy Registered Users 75 Posts
And glu knows this. His defense is worst out of 3.

Example...invulnarable? Yh! For 1 second! Then u get owned hard by 1 hit!

Monk is made for endless? Sure.....and im the owner of glu.

Glu rapes for money and sets us up to fail? Better believe it :

Spent 20 on this last tourny on beast. Guess what i got?

1 lame fenix.....and all else was lamer then my current items!

Thx glu......for consistently not meeting your deadlines...and sucking as usual.

Your loyal wallet member 1600.00 so far. And not 1 more penny ever again.

Sincerely....

1 ****ed off player.
IGN: BlDS
Guild: -=WOLFPACK=-
(ANDROID)

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    bidsy wrote: »
    And glu knows this. His defense is worst out of 3.

Example...invulnarable? Yh! For 1 second! Then u get owned hard by 1 hit!

Monk is made for endless? Sure.....and im the owner of glu.

Glu rapes for money and sets us up to fail? Better believe it :

Spent 20 on this last tourny on beast. Guess what i got?

1 lame fenix.....and all else was lamer then my current items!

Thx glu......for consistently not meeting your deadlines...and sucking as usual.

Your loyal wallet member 1600.00 so far. And not 1 more penny ever again.

Sincerely....

1 ****ed off player.

How about you, gee, i dont know, use a DIFFERENT CHARACTER?!?!?!?!
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Honestly I use mage and monk but I do wish monk had some advantages. His skills eat through energy and it's so hard to recover it.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Also, it's your fault for spending however much you did on this game.
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Basically what you are saying is that you suck at playing monk.

If you don't like him, there are two other characters to chose from, but given your tone I'm assuming you'll find a way to whine about them too.

And who said the monk was made for endless? Just reading his skills descriptions you would see he is not made to fight waves of bosses.. His AoE attack blows unless it kills everything it attracts..

Mage/Warrior are way better suited for 2+ bosses (especially those **** cats) due to their skills.

To the other point, if you spend money on gambling, expect it not to pay off. That's how Vegas makes its money.

(btw, my main is a monk as well)
  • Options
    SchismSchism Registered Users 18 Posts
    I would have to agree. I am not a fan of monk. I have a level 32 monk, and a 45 mage and a level 10 warrior. Monk is by far the weakest of the 3. Horrible in endless mode.

He may be fast, but it is all a waiting game with monk. I do love his crits, but that is about the only thing I like about monk. I couldn't wait to reach leg mode and finally dump him and go with mage.

Monk needs some serious buffs. I personally think his dash skill needs to have a lower cooldown and lower mana cost.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    I can't stand the monk.. But somehow managed to get him to leval 20 :p
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    amoylawayamoylaway Registered Users 91 Posts
    MONK wrote: »
    You suck bidsy!!! You don't know how to use me!!! - Monk

10 characters...
  • Options
    HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    i lIKE monk..IMBA CRITS m LVL 44 MONK.. nd m n join it, Agreed that Warrior is the most east to play with. MAGE ROX ONCe farmed.
  • Options
    When EW3 will start PVP mode and den monk will RULE Em all..
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    ^Monk will not rule, Mage will. Mage's teleport becomes free, if not, cost tiny mana when you have Godly necklace + ring of berserker. So basically all she has to do is use eruption/auto attack and when Monk/Warrior comes teleport away for free and continue attacking.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    ^Monk will not rule, Mage will. Mage's teleport becomes free, if not, cost tiny mana when you have Godly necklace + ring of berserker. So basically all she has to do is use eruption/auto attack and when Monk/Warrior comes teleport away for free and continue attacking.

And warrior keep parry every last attack even teleport, becasue it all has very slow start up, easy win :D
  • Options
    worawatworawat Registered Users 36 Posts
    Unless parry gets a nerf like cool down time or consume mana, other class have no chance against Warrior. Warrior can just spam parry infinitely and kill monk and mage even 10 to 1. lol
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    Not this again, if a warrior is planning to win pvp by his dodge skill then your gonna get a rude awakening.

Have a feeling it would be a rock, paper, scissors kinda deal.

Mage>monk
    Monk>warrior
    Warrior>mage

Personally i reckon either mage or monk.

Parry will be good for dodging attacks but for killing people, yeah there just gonna dodge parry wait 3 seconds then attack you again, and eventually you will miss parrys. If you just spam it you will be dead in 30 seconds.

Warriors down fall is his skills only chance he's got is taking a beating then just going all out on 10-30% HP and hope they don't counter your skills with theirs.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    Demonic wrote: »
    Not this again, if a warrior is planning to win pvp by his dodge skill then your gonna get a rude awakening.

Have a feeling it would be a rock, paper, scissors kinda deal.

Mage>monk
    Monk>warrior
    Warrior>mage

Personally i reckon either mage or monk.

Parry will be good for dodging attacks but for killing people, yeah there just gonna dodge parry wait 3 seconds then attack you again, and eventually you will miss parrys. If you just spam it you will be dead in 30 seconds.

Warriors down fall is his skills only chance he's got is taking a beating then just going all out on 10-30% HP and hope they don't counter your skills with theirs.

Monk can only dodge once and he's a dead meat. Warrior can do parry infinitely and never get hit at all if play well. There's nothing that suggest monk can beat warrior at all. Once monk starts punching warrior, monk will be dead from warrior's counter attack.
  • Options
    Not this Monk is the best thing again. You didnt even play 3 hero, stop said something that you dont really know.

With warrior passive skill that increase def monk attack would be just a joke to them. Have you ever fight monster with higher def? It gonna end up as you has to get the 3 orb just to deal a decent damage

And i would love to see you attack warrior in a range that you wont get hit youself. As well as i would love to see you dodge the Dash attack the faster than standard human reaction of 0.2 sec. And if you got hit by then and get knock down to the corner let see you get away from blade barrage, you may dodge the first but remember you r in the corner and warrior is blocking your way to the open area, so dodge to his back would still in range of the blade barrage

And if warrior guard kill get fix and take half damage while holding guard, we could try our luck and keep guarding the whole time. And let see monk can do enough dmg to kill warrior first, or he will die from getting auto parry in the face first. By the way parry is some what power full than dash attack in close range, and if you are not a boss character, you would get hit stun and cant dodge or do anything at the beginning of the parry
  • Options
    worawat wrote: »
    Monk can only dodge once and he's a dead meat. Warrior can do parry infinitely and never get hit at all if play well. There's nothing that suggest monk can beat warrior at all. Once monk starts punching warrior, monk will be dead from warrior's counter attack.

Yeah only dodge once, but warriors never gonna catch the monk now is he? So how is he gonna catch monk when he just runs away from him? In a 1v1 slug fest monk will never win, but thats not how monk is played now is it.

PVP is about attacking, the best defence is a good offence.
    Slowing/speed is another vital criteria
    Durability is a good thing to have (warrior, not being 1 sided.)

Unless the warrior can kill the monk with just his normal attack and dash alone, he just cant win. If he does either 2 of his last attacks monk would just super move and warriors dead . Before super moving monks just gonna run away from you then do his running attack. You can parry it but he will dodge the wave and run away but even if you parry it, he's gonna be critting.

Ive played all characters now. There not best skills but its not like i cant see what they do.
    And even after that i still remained on the same result that warriors skills are his down fall, hes a beast on low hp and he can take a beating far more than other 2 but if your only using 3/5 skills hes at a huge disadvantage to the other 2 characters.
    Monks 4/5
    Mages 5/5

I have a feeling his rush could get the better of mage (even with its speed unless monk is close to warrior it aint gonna do that much it can also just go straight into a super move.) , but mage could quite easily slow monk and kill him, monk is plainly just to quick for the warrior to kill and the second he does a wrong skill hes just gonna get super moved and his def wont do a thing to stop it. Monks super crit against high def is 30-50k his super move is around 20-40k.

And i never said monk was gonna be the best, i said...
    Monk>warrior
    Mage>monk
    Warrior>mage

But the 2 with the most promise are mage and monk its just plain to see, parry is the sole talking point for warriors for pvp but timing other players attacks aint gonna be straight forwards, i myself would just run at a warrior and either not attack, or attack and spin if he parrys super move, he cant non-stop parry it has a gap in-between and once hes hit you cant parry for a second or so.

Its a 50/50 call either attack the monk or go for a parry somehow everyone thinks that they would make that 50/50 call 100% of the time. Monk is at a advantage against warrior.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    EdgarsEdgars Registered Users 50 Posts
    Yeah only dodge once, but warriors never gonna catch the monk now is he? So how is he gonna catch monk when he just runs away from him? In a 1v1 slug fest monk will never win, but thats not how monk is played now is it.

Unless the warrior can kill the monk with just his normal attack and dash alone, he just cant win. If he does either 2 of his last attacks monk would just super move and warriors dead . Before super moving monks just gonna run away from you then do his running attack. You can parry it but he will dodge the wave and run away but even if you parry it, he's gonna be critting.

Ive played all characters now. There not best skills but its not like i cant see what they do.
    And even after that i still remained on the same result that warriors skills are his down fall, hes a beast on low hp and he can take a beating far more than other 2 but if your only using 3/5 skills hes at a huge disadvantage to the other 2 characters.
    Monks 4/5
    Mages 5/5

I have a feeling his rush could get the better of mage (even with its speed unless monk is close to warrior it aint gonna do that much it can also just go straight into a super move.) , but mage could quite easily slow monk and kill him, monk is plainly just to quick for the warrior to kill and the second he does a wrong skill hes just gonna get super moved and his def wont do a thing to stop it. Monks super crit against high def is 30-50k his super move is around 20-40k.

Monk>warrior
    Mage>monk
    Warrior>mage

But the 2 with the most promise are mage and monk its just plain to see, parry is the sole talking point for warriors for pvp but timing other players attacks aint gonna be straight forwards, i myself would just run at a warrior and either not attack, or attack and spin if he parrys super move, he cant non-stop parry it has a gap in-between and once hes hit you cant parry for a second or so.

Its a 50/50 call either attack the monk or go for a parry somehow everyone thinks that they would make that 50/50 call 100% of the time. Monk is at a advantage against warrior.

Have u played warrior and monk?
    Warrior have huge defense, monks will do tinny dmg to warrior, warrior can guard(already tinny dmg reduced even more) 100% of the time and monk will just die from warrior auto parry.

And ye, thats what monk are strong at: running away.
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    These are all just theories for now I doubt there will be one overpowered character, player skill is a big factor in pvp and each character has their own weaknesses and strength. Lets leave the bitter arguments and wait till pvp is implemented before we find out just how each character puts up against another.
    ;)
  • Options
    seanskiseanski Registered Users 24 Posts
    After PVP gets implemented, Nerf fest comes next. hehehe
  • Options
    Chances are it will have multiple people in PVP so yeah is kinda pointless arguing it.

Agree to disagree
    Demonic666
  • Options

Monks 4/5
    Mages 5/5

Monk>warrior
    Mage>monk
    Warrior>mage

1. Monk can not attack warrior with out getting hit himself,

2. Rage of Vaj'Ra IS NOT 1 HIT KILL, It very weak compare to other hero 3rd skill. only with 3 orb, that it would deal decent damage. And it take so much SP, how many time do you think you can use that, and how much it would do to warrior with Passive def increase skill.

3. Why cant warrior kill monk with attack and dash? what do you think that is impossible? if he keep on parry and auto parry, who do you think would deal more damage?

4. Parry did not deal just 1 hit damage, at close range it deal mutiple hit. And if you not a boss character, you will get hit stun(not a complete stun) at the start of the parry, wont be able to dodge or do anything.

5. Warrior would use 4 Skill, include Blade barrage. And mage Lazer would be suicide. Who would get hit by that? And unlike the laser can turn around fast enough after enemy dodge or teleport out of the way. Even warrior would be easily parry that slow start up attack and push her back by the blast of parry.

6. Dash skill is not just about damage, it also knock enemy down in the range for him to keep attacking.

7. Parry is about reaction!! ONLY YOU would parry when enemy is not attacking, parry is use when you see them start their attack, not press parry and pray that they will attack. Try Street Fighter 3, go train there to have a faster reaction.

8. As every one told you before, there is no gap in parry! it because of your skill that you get hit.
  • Options
    noob201noob201 Registered Users 30 Posts
    Errrrr, before we even go into PVP, how about any solutions for monks in endless 110+? besides having lots of pots?
  • Options
    noob201 wrote: »
    Errrrr, before we even go into PVP, how about any solutions for monks in endless 110+? besides having lots of pots?

How about Remove time limit? so monk can take time as he should do to win.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?98101-Increase-Remove-time-limit-on-endless
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Or improve monk's defense skill.
  • Options
    I have already maxed all my unbreakables and juggernut fist, I still cant beat 110, even at 100 its luck. Obviously I wont pay for pots unless this company put up a good show, and I dun like the othef chars, so most likely its the end for me.
  • Options
    till now i am lvlv 44 monk with all my imprevious geard maxed out and lvl 31 leg weapon searchin for l36 weapon. legendary
  • Options
    amoylawayamoylaway Registered Users 91 Posts
    I have already maxed all my unbreakables and juggernut fist, I still cant beat 110, even at 100 its luck. Obviously I wont pay for pots unless this company put up a good show, and I dun like the othef chars, so most likely its the end for me.

i think you're playing it wrong... i only have unbreakable helmet and chestplate... with brother chi ang's... all others are transcendents (berserker for talisman and ring)... all of them are not fully evolved... only until 15/15... i can get to 104... (and that's it)... :(

anyways, started playing mage.... looks cool... defeated normal cyclops with 250 gs with a B!!!
  • Options

Monk sucks in endless. Warrior is the best for endless, follow by Mage. Monks with fully equip Godly Set can probably go to around 125 floor, but Warrior can go 140+. There's a huge difference between 120+ and 140+ floor.
  • Options
    aha!!! Updated, new solution for Monk, do not brave endless for Mighty Mitts and Godly, use $$$$, the gold offerings has them too