Options

Forum admin picked player forum admins.

DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
The forum is getting flooded by multiple threads.
Inappropriate language.
Wrong threads in wrong sections.
Etc etc etc.

Glu forum admins.
Pick players/acc that are frequently on forum to help you share the load.
Pick players/acc that have constantly been courteous towards other players problems. (So that eliminates me.)
Make them able to ban/give warnings to other forums users, close threads.
Give group messages to to player admins about what is expected from them and what is happening in game for them to share around.

Seen this on other forums and it works wonders for cleaning up these sort of problems.
Demonic666
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Demonic wrote: »
    The forum is getting flooded by multiple threads.
    Inappropriate language.
    Wrong threads in wrong sections.
    Etc etc etc.

Glu forum admins.
    Pick players/acc that are frequently on forum to help you share the load.
    Pick players/acc that have constantly been courteous towards other players problems. (So that eliminates me.)
    Make them able to ban/give warnings to other forums users, close threads.
    Give group messages to to player admins about what is expected from them and what is happening in game for them to share around.

Seen this on other forums and it works wonders for cleaning up these sort of problems.

The last clean up happened around 11am on Sunday and it was within just a few hours that the forums flooded with one user. It's only been 24 hours since then, and things should be looking like normal again.

As for your criteria above, we are always on the lookout for those players who could be moderators, however there aren't any that have stood out in that capacity from within the EW3 community as of yet. If there are recommendations for forum members who could be moderators, we are certainly willing to watch activity and see how things progress.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Do moderators work for Glu? Or are they just regular players?

Either way, I agree with Demonic. But I'm first on list that you can eliminate.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Do moderators work for Glu? Or are they just regular players?

Either way, I agree with Demonic. But I'm first on list that you can eliminate.

Community moderators do not work for Glu, but have to adhere to forum rules (including banning players who don't adhere to forum rules). So yes, we are aware that you wouldn't qualify, Ultra. ;)
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Community moderators do not work for Glu, but have to adhere to forum rules (including banning players who don't adhere to forum rules). So yes, we are aware that you wouldn't qualify, Ultra. ;)

I take pride in stating the obvious.:)

But EternityWarrior looks like he could be a great admin
  • Options
    Well, in heincide, I don't feel that a person designated as Admin should be able to ban people.

I mean, if an Admin and i disagree on something, then can he just find some excuse to ban me? that's not fair.
  • Options
    Let's get some community nominations started! Ideal person will have/can do the following:

- A clean history of no flaming, trolling, Glu-bashing, etc.
    - Supportive of other players, helpful and patient with new folks
    - Been a member for over a month and has over 50 posts
    - Will be able to be impartial (no Guild cronyism)
    - Will uphold and act on all forum rules (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110-Glu-Forum-Rules)

Remember- with great power comes great responsibility.
  • Options
    A clean history of no Glu bashing...........

The rest of this comment has been removed due to its inappropriateness.
  • Options
    A clean history of no Glu bashing...........

The rest of this comment has been removed due to its inappropriateness.

Well yeah, now you see why this doesn't exist yet. ;)
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    This is a great idea (;
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    Big Sage wrote: »
    This is a great idea (;

No doubt there's gonna be like that one douche who's gonna abuse his power though. I hope that they pick wisely.
  • Options
    Lol, i just read the forum rules. I've broken half of them.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    I agree man, they need to be careful to only chose mature players.
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    Big Sage wrote: »
    I agree man, they need to be careful to only chose mature players.

Yeah, problem is, you can never truly judge someone over the internet. You have to take your chances and hope that they are what they seem.

Lol, 500 posts only on this EW3 forums. I am addicted:)
  • Options
    I have 1 in mind, not sure how he has behaved before but lately has been doing everything well and respectful.

Nominate: Superstargum

He's been pretty active and helpful towards other players problems
    Demonic666
  • Options
    EternityWarrior is helpful too.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    The last clean up happened around 11am on Sunday and it was within just a few hours that the forums flooded with one user. It's only been 24 hours since then, and things should be looking like normal again.

As for your criteria above, we are always on the lookout for those players who could be moderators, however there aren't any that have stood out in that capacity from within the EW3 community as of yet. If there are recommendations for forum members who could be moderators, we are certainly willing to watch activity and see how things progress.

Thats understandable, the community is pretty poor minded people to be honest.
    Ill keep a eye out for any reasonable people, that do what you suggested.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    SaabotSaabot Registered Users 88 Posts
    I would be willing to do this
    Did I bash ya once today? Yes
    But we needed you to communicate with us, you were not communicating
    Regardless this is a position Ive held many times in other games and I would like everyone's consideration

Thank you
  • Options
    Saabot wrote: »
    Regardless this is a position Ive held many times in other games and I would like everyone's consideration

Thank you

We communicate with you every day, and accusing us of anything other than that isn't going to get anyone very far. The fact is that it hadn't even been 24 hours since the flare-up regarding the tournament and we were able to get you a response. "Bashing" us did not make us work faster.

Everyone needs to understand that it requires time (across multiple international teams and time zones) to find out the reason behind an issue and be able provide a response with more than "we are looking into it."

"Patience" is another important criteria for a community moderator.
  • Options
    Communication didnt happen untill everyone reached a volatile point tho, communication should have come much sooner than it did
  • Options
    ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts

Thank you

Thank you for your consideration for this position. However, as a member of this fine community, I regret to inform you that I would not be able to endorse you at this time. Please feel free to continue seeking other opportunities.
  • Options
    Communication didnt happen untill everyone reached a volatile point tho, communication should have come much sooner than it did

I'm not going to argue with you about it. We are not on 24 hours a day and the response came within 24 hours. If you have questions about what to expect with regards to responses in the forums, please refer to this announcement here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/announcement.php?f=15

Please move on from this, Saabot, and let's get the thread back on topic.
  • Options
    It's all good.
    I have a question tho, we just received our prizes for last tourney (thankyou)
    Is there a way to transfer anything to another character?
    I want to start my mage soon and I have two pets now and lots of wings, do these things work on all characters?
    I've only ever played my warrior so far
  • Options
    It's all good.
    I have a question tho, we just received our prizes for last tourney (thankyou)
    Is there a way to transfer anything to another character?
    I want to start my mage soon and I have two pets now and lots of wings, do these things work on all characters?
    I've only ever played my warrior so far

Prizes come in the mail. When you get the mail, you can switch characters. Then accept the mail on that character, and bingo! You get the prize for that character. If you have already accepted the prizes for warrior, you're kind of screwed.
  • Options
    Prizes come in the mail. When you get the mail, you can switch characters. Then accept the mail on that character, and bingo! You get the prize for that character. If you have already accepted the prizes for warrior, you're kind of screwed.

So there is a way then cool
    Already accepted but at least now I know for next time
    Thank you
  • Options
    So there is a way then cool
    Already accepted but at least now I know for next time
    Thank you

You're Welcome:)
  • Options
    durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    lol

So this is the way to make people respond with civility.
  • Options
    Its a place where you nominate genuine forums users for admin roles.

You don't nominate yourself first of all >.>

And yeah it helps people behave, seen it work on other forums, though it wont have much effect with the amount of hackers at the moment.

And saabot, you gotta have a clean history. Very few players have that.

Also gluadmin, thank you for cracking down on the threads.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    As long as they are not chosen because of the number of replies they make, but the constructive nature if their answers. Some would just abuse the system and their new found position.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Comar wrote: »
    Thank you for your consideration for this position. However, as a member of this fine community, I regret to inform you that I would not be able to endorse you at this time. Please feel free to continue seeking other opportunities.

We have some really funny people on this forum :L .
    But yes some very good candidates for admin would be jonwayne, christot and eternitywarrior. All ew2 regulars as well and the first few to complete ew3 when it came out, contributing much to the forum community with relevant and extremely helpful posts and threads.

also would be good to have admins from each device os (android, ios, mac, kindle users.)
    ;)
  • Options
    TerryQ wrote: »
    As long as they are not chosen because of the number of replies they make, but the constructive nature if their answers. Some would just abuse the system and their new found position.

Usually, the more replies you have, the more active you are on forums. I'm on all the time, and even do this when im at school if i don't get caught. Of course, since my history is a train wreck, i can't become an admin, but it's people who are as active as me they want to look for.