[Petition] Ban All Jailbreak and Rooted Devices

EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
Join discussion --> http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?98392-Petition-Ban-All-Jailbreak-and-Rooted-Devices

Changed my mind after seeing some fair points.

Comments

• jakub1302jakub1302 Registered Users 197 Posts

Thank you for creating this petition. I've signed it immediatelly.
    EW3: Jakub1302
    BGI: Jakub 1302, the guildleader of Goodfellas
  • SaabotSaabot Registered Users 88 Posts
    Originally Posted by EternityWarrior
    Sign the petition --> https://www.change.org/petitions/glu...g-leader-board

Hopefully Glu will start making changes.
    Signed
    Sealed
    Stamped
    Delivered

Fix it or I quit I'll take my money with me and every person I can talk into leaving as well

You had a great game
    You had a great community
    You had the potential to creat IMO one of the best games in history

Now choose G lu

Greed
    Or
    Greatness

From where Im standing you have one week
    I wont give you a single dime or day longer

Saabot
    AKA
    Alaya AngelSoul
    AKA
    Avid online game player who has never been more discussed in her life
  • DabsquatchDabsquatch Registered Users 9 Posts
    Not all jailbreakers/rooters hack
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    Dabsquatch wrote: »

unfortunately only takes few rotten apple to ruins the bunch.
  • s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    Dabsquatch wrote: »

We do not give a flying ****。 u can use your ipad/ iphone normal without jb just like gazillions out there.. You should be choosing either jb or game...
  • BL725BL725 Registered Users 89 Posts
    As if only IOS who cheated on this game what about those Android user other device? Ban them also and the people who EXPLOITED the game ban them also (gem glitch)
    This hacker is not getting anyting aside from moving up to endless mode like crazy they cant even sell the items that they are getting
  • anseioanseio Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm just gonna come out and say a big NO to this idea.

I paid good money for a phone (OPPO Find 5) that is essentially rooted by design. This model was made so that their customers could install custom ROMs and tinker away.

The idea that I should be banned from EW3 for having a high-end piece of hardware that is rooted is just laughable. I'm sorry that so many people are upset that there are cheaters and hackers out there. I just don't see how it has any real world relevance and how I should be banned from giving GLU any of my money as a result.
    You are not from Glu unless a Glu rep said that our jb/rooted device are not welcome then im done
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Anyone that runs stock android and not a custom rooted Rom is a complete idiot. Get a clue you newbs. Dumbest idea thread ever.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
    Che@tTeam wrote: »
    Ban them all, We can all see what these stock rooted phones are doing to the community and the solution is clear. Anselo find another game to root yourself to the top of the leaderboards. Your phone is not welcome in our community.

Are you an idiot, or just unable to read? If YOU want to refund me the money I have spent on this game, then by all means... have rooted devices banned. Until then, stop your whining and play the game. Odds are that you'll never win a tourny and never get the prize. Why are you throwing a fit over something that doesn't impact your ability to play the game?

Pull your head out.
    BL725 wrote: »
    You are not from Glu unless a Glu rep said that our jb/rooted device are not welcome then im done

THIS^^^

And I thought the DCUO community was awful. The EW3 community is insanely worse.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Okay, everyone. This is starting to devolve. We are keeping this thread open to give you a place to discuss your opinions, but please keep it civil or we'll need to close this thread.
  • jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Banning rooted android devices is not going to do anything. People are not hacking the game but playing modded apks. A android device does not have to be rooted to install the apk. So banning rooted devices is really not going to do anything about the hacking in game because any android device (rooted or non rooted) can install the mod