[bug] ice laser

2Next

Comments

• Master of DesasterMaster of Desaster Registered Users 23 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    This is intentional - it is intended to force you to be careful with the ability.

I can't believe you say that this is on purpose! I thought it is a bug! But hearing it's on purpose makes me angry. The orb often is the only life-insurance of a mage!!! It is not fair, waisting at least 1/4 of manapoints and a long cd for nothing!
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    IThe orb often is the only life-insurance of a mage!!!

I never use it and I'm fine in endless now.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I wish it was a bug... when we use a spell we should be able to use it, even if we are being hammered. Or, if it is intentional make it scale on the level of the mage. A lv45+ mage should never fail, whereas a lv10 might fail 20% of the time while being hit.
  • ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    I can't believe you say that this is on purpose! I thought it is a bug! But hearing it's on purpose makes me angry. The orb often is the only life-insurance of a mage!!! It is not fair, waisting at least 1/4 of manapoints and a long cd for nothing!

It actually DOES make sense..think about an actual mage casting this vs a foe that can hit them. It's more realistic that it wouldn't work if you got hit mid cast of something that looks like a ritual to summon the orb. Having this skill not care about the world around you would actually make it unrealistic, even if the game would be easier. Learn to time your skills correctly and you'll be fine :)
    Sikarios wrote: »
    I was just about to post on this; it seems no one mentioned the aspect of this ice laser that is most definitely a bug: when you parry this attack with the warrior, you still get frozen, for 5 secs or so, and then after you unfreeze it finishes the parry attack.

Unless they are totally changing the way parry has been since EW1, the parry should deflect the attack and you should not get frozen.

Also, the laser has never had a freeze/stun effect before. No complaint on that though, it makes the mob more challenging, it just shouldn't freeze through your parry!

More challenging? Buddy, we're not on wave ten here, we're on wave 30+. Those eye laser beams are impossible to see when they are offscreen. It's cheap placement.

Imagine you are in a duel with another person. You have a pistol, and they have a sniper rifle with the crosshairs on your chest. The distance? 300 meters. That's not a fair duel. It's cheap.
    I wish my mage had a beam like that...
  • CooLTanGCooLTanG Registered Users 26 Posts
    This is intentional - it is intended to force you to be careful with the ability.
    Really that's intended? What about when u cast the lightning ball and then blink right away (without getting hit), the ball disappears and burns the mana too.

Also what about the warrior dash going the wrong way in Endless? That intended too?

A similar thing happens when fighting L.hellboy, but if it doesn't drop it wont take the mana and timer.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Once you understand that being hit while casting orb is the problem its easy to avoid. Dont get hit. This has been addressed quite awhile back. Once i knew it was intentional and it only happens if you get hit while casting i rarely if ever get it knocked out of me.

When you fight a boss cast it as soon as he shows up. Dont wait for him to attack you. Orb is a damage over time skill. Faster you cast it the more it benefits you. And you wont get hit. I start every single boss battle with it.

On regular stages save it for mini bosses and end stage bosses. Same strategy as with any boss. Cast it when it appears. You shouldnt need it just for trash mobs.

In the tower once again. When first enemy shows up. Cast it. I usually cast it more towards one end then ill go out of its range to clean up mobs that it is missing. Most times itll kill half the stage all by itself without me even being near it. And at later stages it gets the damage started for me. If you are using it as a first strike it is rare you will ever be hit while casting.

As for warrior this has been addressed also. His dash targets the first enemy you hit with a regular attack. If that enemy dies its the next one. It is especially annoying in the tower when sometimes you have to desert a monster mid àss whoopin to go attack sumthin more dangerous. Just remember if you hit dash it will go back to the one you were attacking like a jackàss. I wish it were a point and shoot skill, but while it acts this way in the game its easy to plan your attacks when you keep track of what youve hit.
    Try not to single out enemies. Hit a group and just hit dash. Itll plow through all of them just like you want. Sometimes ill hit an enemy then run and put a group between me and that enemy cuz i know itll home in on him like beacon and just plow through whatever is inbetween us. Play around with it. Its not that bad once you know its targetting plan.

I know im not perfect at this game but ive found these strategies work great for me. Rarely on my tower runs do i die before 139 with either warrior or mage. And i only havent completed 140 because i cant do enough damage in the time allotted.
  • BlazeCooLBlazeCooL Registered Users 33 Posts
    Wasted a good amount of hp pots and revives with these #%~{ers. Watching it drain my hp from full to about 10% while a big mean troll finish me off with a hulk smash. Used Revive pots and bam! Another laser beam coming from the same eyeball. Dead then revived again. I feel your pain....
    BlazeCooL wrote: »
    Wasted a good amount of hp pots and revives with these #%~{ers. Watching it drain my hp from full to about 10% while a big mean troll finish me off with a hulk smash. Used Revive pots and bam! Another laser beam coming from the same eyeball. Dead then revived again. I feel your pain....

Oh, good. I'm not the only one who suffers from this.
  • jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Oh, good. I'm not the only one who suffers from this.

Happens to me often. I get that eye a couple cats and wolves and know its lights out. The eye always spawns out of my line of sight and boom frozen and the cats and wolves finish. Sometimes I just watch in amazement at their damage output. I wish I could do that kind of damage.
    jerzy448 wrote: »
    Happens to me often. I get that eye a couple cats and wolves and know its lights out. The eye always spawns out of my line of sight and boom frozen and the cats and wolves finish. Sometimes I just watch in amazement at their damage output. I wish I could do that kind of damage.

I often get the long range fire ogre and two eye lasers.

And of course the two eyes took turns shooting me while the ogre just slams his fire pillars and hits me in the middle.

That's cheap placement....it's not even a test of skill.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    bigBrules wrote: »
    Was this patch even tested? All the bugs listed would of been found instantly by testers but they are all a surprise to you. Maybe have some level 50 players test the next release before it comes out if your testers are so incompetent.

You have no idea what's needed to manually test a game this big. A full regression cycle would require multiple testers running each of the classes from level 1-5, 20-25, 30-legendary transition, 49-50 and attempt 50+. Each run would need to test all open map areas, all possible quests, all bosses all towers, all gem purchases, all offerings, all tournaments, free gem offerings etc. GLU simply can't do it and have any sort of regular releases. The devs likely have an automated test suite but it's only going to catch a limited set of bugs. A tester could easily have run thru several tower levels and never encountered this.

Cut the devs some slack. They have enough to do scrubbing bugs, prioritizing features, organizing releases, fighting apple and google release gatekeepers writing code and oh yeah you want this yesterday don't you...
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    We're considering this bug confirmed, and have a fix being issued for it with the next update.
  • ShadowhitsShadowhits Registered Users 74 Posts
    We're considering this bug confirmed, and have a fix being issued for it with the next update.
    When go to be the udapte?
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Shadowhits wrote: »
    When go to be the udapte?

When it comes. A large amount of the timing is out of our hands - the apple app submission process can be rather tedious.
  • SchismSchism Registered Users 18 Posts
    Then release it for android first =)
    schism wrote: »
    then release it for android first =)

Aye!!!....