Options

Gluadmin, Please help to stop this abusive behaviour of some players

Hi Gluadmin,

I'd submitted 3 similar tickets on the same topic before but I'm still facing this problem now. So i figure I'd post it here to get some attention.

My in-game inbox has been constantly spammed by morons with their repeated friend invites. Yesterday I got the worse till date. This guy actually filled my inbox with 160 invites within a few minutes.

IMG_0077.jpg

Not just him, over the period since I'd started playing, I have this problem. They simply love to spam your inbox.

Please ask your developement team to do something to stop this kind of behaviour. I do not wish this to become a reason for me to quit playing.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    JonWayne, be grateful, you are a legend in the game. One of the best. That's why so many people spam invites.

It's like the attack of the fangirls on Justin Bieber.

That's still insane though. Lol.

They should make it so that if your friend list is full, you can't receive invites.

I feel bad that you had to delete all of those. LOL.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    It makes zero sense in a game like this that there is no feature to block people. As for submitting tickets my last ticket was jus answered after 25 days and the response was automated. Good luck getting support to help u with your problem.
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yes ive had the same problem with people sending 20 frickin invites at a time. And now with private messaging working i get plenty of spam messages saying hey accept my invite, why wont you accept my invite. Would love a way to block people and also a way to ignore some people in general chat. Sometimes i really just could care less about how fat someones mamma is. Or at least let me make guild chat the default chat that comes up when i log in, sell items or check any other screen. It always resets to general.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Hi Gluadmin,

I'd submitted 3 similar tickets on the same topic before but I'm still facing this problem now. So i figure I'd post it here to get some attention.

My in-game inbox has been constantly spammed by morons with their repeated friend invites. Yesterday I got the worse till date. This guy actually filled my inbox with 160 invites within a few minutes.

IMG_0077.jpg

Not just him, over the period since I'd started playing, I have this problem. They simply love to spam your inbox.

Please ask your developement team to do something to stop this kind of behaviour. I do not wish this to become a reason for me to quit playing.

I'll bring this up with the devs.
  • Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

It is very simple. Just tell devs to alter it so can only resive 1 unread invite per player.
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

Appreciate the help Moloch. Just 1 question, not sure if you could help to answer. If I leave my inbox full, I assume I will not be getting anymore friend request. But in such situation, can I still receive daily gifts (if any) and tournament rewards?
  • Options
    Hi Moloch or Gluadmin,

Can you let me know your IGN for EW3 so that I can send you hundreds of friend requests every single day?

IMG_0101.jpg

OK, seriously, I know Glu has priority, but can ANYTHING be done about this? Or we just have to live with it till we quit the game.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Hi Moloch or Gluadmin,

Can you let me know your IGN for EW3 so that I can send you hundreds of friend requests every single day?

OK, seriously, I know Glu has priority, but can ANYTHING be done about this? Or we just have to live with it till we quit the game.

Feel your pain bro, You must have it worst then anyone =/
    Maloch, a good way to solve this could be to have a setting where you check "receive friend requests" or "block friend requests". That way we can toggle this option on or off as we wish.
  • Options
    MillyvanillyMillyvanilly Registered Users 5 Posts
    I may be wrong but if you add them as a friend then delete them right after they can't send any more invites.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    Feel your pain bro, You must have it worst then anyone =/
    Maloch, a good way to solve this could be to have a setting where you check "receive friend requests" or "block friend requests". That way we can toggle this option on or off as we wish.

I agree that a setting might help but what you suggest is not "a good way" to block spam. all-or-nothing settings are usually a bad way...
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    I agree that a setting might help but what you suggest is not "a good way" to block spam. all-or-nothing settings are usually a bad way...

Ok? I play alot of games where you can block pm and party invites and suck as you like, works great. In what way would that be a bad way?
  • Options
    I may be wrong but if you add them as a friend then delete them right after they can't send any more invites.

You are right, but why do I want to add these morons as friends? and sometimes they send while I'm inside the tower or dungeon map, by the time I finish, my inbox is already flooded. They can send hundreds invites within a few minutes.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Sucks man:/ Glad I've been your friend since the beginning haha
    -Sagelz