krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
FOR CAMPAIGN MODE ONLY
- Skeleton Archer, Cyclops and Hellboy does fire damage -> weak to lightning
- Wolfman, Catwoman and Nian does lightning damage -> weak to ice
- Bear, Sword Skeleton and Hammer Skeleton do ice damage -> weak to fire

FOR FIRE TOWER
- Ennemy does fire damage -> weak to lightning

FOR ENDLESS TOWER
- Not applicable (endless tower is non-elemental)
Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android

Comments

• ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    I'd stack lightning. Cyclops and Hellboy are the big ones. Also, the floating ball that shoots ice lasers in Lotus Tower is weak to lightning, and those are the most problematic of the bosses.

Alternatively, if you find another 36+ gold/purple or 44+ gold/purple you can keep those in your inventory (if you have space) and socket them with fire. Then you can switch off.
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    I'd stack lightning. Cyclops and Hellboy are the big ones. Also, the floating ball that shoots ice lasers in Lotus Tower is weak to lightning, and those are the most problematic of the bosses.

Alternatively, if you find another 36+ gold/purple or 44+ gold/purple you can keep those in your inventory (if you have space) and socket them with fire. Then you can switch off.

Every single ennemy/boss from Fire Tower are weak to lightning and deal fire damage. If you're strong enought to beat every ennemy/boss from the campaign mode, there's no real reason to equip new weapons with different runes unless you want to be ready for the next tower, map...

Also, if you're short in inventory slots and have more than 1 strong character, it might a good idea to have a different set per hero:
    - hero 1: lightning atk + fire armor
    - hero 2: ice atk + lightning armor
    - hero 3: fire atk + ice armor

As you probably noticed, it's a kind of "rock-paper-scissors" system: lightning > fire > ice > lightning > ...

PS: making you strong against fire don't make you weak against lightning, it just make you strong against fire! (also confirmed by Glu moderator)
    I have a question. Let's take LHellboy as an example. He deals fire and is weakness to Lightning.

So what happens when you deal ice damage? Is there additional damage but not as much? Or is HB limited to lightning weakness?
    ThinIce wrote: »
    I have a question. Let's take LHellboy as an example. He deals fire and is weakness to Lightning.

So what happens when you deal ice damage? Is there additional damage but not as much? Or is HB limited to lightning weakness?

LHB is only affected by Lightning damage.
    FYI, my warrior is using a ring equipped with an ice rune to help me with Lnian and it doesn't deal any additional damage to LHB.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    krok8 wrote: »
    FOR CAMPAIGN MODE ONLY

FOR FIRE TOWER

FOR ENDLESS TOWER

Thanks!.......
    Okay that makes sense. Thanks!
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    FOR CAMPAIGN MODE ONLY

FOR FIRE TOWER

FOR ENDLESS TOWER

Actually in endless tower the equiped runes does extra damage but it doesn't matter what type you're using.
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Actually in endless tower the equiped runes does extra damage but it doesn't matter what type you're using.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing this!
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    LHB is only affected by Lightning damage.
    FYI, my warrior is using a ring equipped with an ice rune to help me with Lnian and it doesn't deal any additional damage to LHB.

Well it kinda did. With no rune i deal 1508 damage, with 1 green ice rune it became 1519... Yeah you could say it didnt :p
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    I have lightening damage and fire resist right now, keeping an extra set of gear around so when the ice world comes out I'll be ready with fire damage and ice resist

Wish we had more inventory spots tho :p