Options

General Oni Strategy

SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
So initially I was trying to avoid the spot where you're actually supposed to stand when he starts sending out the red walls.. I'm an idiot.
But, now that I just realized that, he is incredibly easy to defeat o.o

If anyone ever played RuneScape, General Oni is very similar to the Queen Black Dragon.
Just parry his normal attacks and walk in the open space when he sends out red waves..

It's so unbelievably easy ._.
Jewelz

Comments

• Options
    Those of you using monks should not be complaining.. You get the added movement speed for dodging the flame walls..
    If anything, I should be the one complaining with my slow mage..

Just don't even try to parry the flame walls.. Just avoid them :P
    Jewelz
  • Options
    And to make avoiding the red beams easier, get as close to the opposite side of Oni ASAP when he jumps to one end
    Jewelz
  • Options
    Anyone beat my record yet? :3

TZFfqDz.jpg

qYMjLNd.jpg
    Jewelz
  • Options
    GabryluxGabrylux Registered Users 67 Posts
    beat with the sorceress and very easy,,, try with the warrior and then you tell me asd
  • Options
    I imagine it would be much easier as monk and warrior.
    The long range aspect of the mage does very little to aid against Oni General
    Jewelz
  • Options
    GabryluxGabrylux Registered Users 67 Posts
    I imagine it would be much easier as monk and warrior.
    The long range aspect of the mage does very little to aid against Oni General

with the magician's trick it freeze all the time and attack him without giving him time to attack :/
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Gabrylux wrote: »
    with the magician's trick it freeze all the time and attack him without giving him time to attack :/

I tried that. I froze him, and then while he was frozen, he swung his sword and knocked me back. Then my mage tried to get back up, and then the ******* knocked me back down because he was no longer frozen. Face it, warrior>mage. Lol

For warrior, you dont need to dodge red walls. You can parry them.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Each character has his or her advantages. I would like to see the monk strategy since their cool down spell is only a second or so.
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    The red waves also can be parried.
    Conclusion:
    1st step: Parry
    2nd step: Collect loot.

I think that warriors shouldn't complain

As for mage and mon I would appreciate a strategy
  • Options
    zolkzolk Registered Users 3 Posts
    I've been looking for a strategy to defeat it as a monk. A lot of the oni's moves actually interrupt a dodge. Making it nearly impossible not to take damage most of the time.
  • Options
    Alright so here's what you're all looking for, a very simple strategy:
    Fight him normally, as you would any other boss.
    Parry attacks as you would normally as a warrior.
    As a monk or mage, SAVE your defensive ability. Use this after he finishes sending out flame walls. He bolts straight toward you and you want to push your evade button the second you hear the second guitar riff. This will save you from taking any damage.
    Now for avoiding the fire walls as any character. DO NOT attempt to parry them. Before he rages, simply stand in the center of the bridge, and the first wall will miss you. After the first goes past you, MOVE LEFT. You will take no damage. You need to have your dodge/evade saved for now. This is when you evade after hearing the second guitar riff.
    Now for when he rages at half health. His fire walls will now come in beam form, fired in quick succession. These can be avoided almost 100% of the time by walking against the left side of the bridge.
    If anyone took the time to actually read this, I hope it helps. I can kill him without taking any damage :P

Edit: You're also gonna want either two purple lightning damage runes or one gold
    Jewelz
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Alright so here's what you're all looking for, a very simple strategy:
    Fight him normally, as you would any other boss.
    Parry attacks as you would normally as a warrior.
    As a monk or mage, SAVE your defensive ability. Use this after he finishes sending out flame walls. He bolts straight toward you and you want to push your evade button the second you hear the second guitar riff. This will save you from taking any damage.
    Now for avoiding the fire walls as any character. DO NOT attempt to parry them. Before he rages, simply stand in the center of the bridge, and the first wall will miss you. After the first goes past you, MOVE LEFT. You will take no damage. You need to have your dodge/evade saved for now. This is when you evade after hearing the second guitar riff.
    Now for when he rages at half health. His fire walls will now come in beam form, fired in quick succession. These can be avoided almost 100% of the time by walking against the left side of the bridge.
    If anyone took the time to actually read this, I hope it helps. I can kill him without taking any damage :P

Why would you not want to parry for extra damage? i can do it 99% of the time.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Im talking about for mage and monk. Warrior can parry whatever the hell he wants, and I said that right in the beginning.
    For characters with defensive cooldowns, you need to save it for when he lunges across the bridge at you when he finishes sending fire walls
    Jewelz
  • Options
    KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    xephraim wrote: »
    the red waves also can be parried.
    Conclusion:
    1st step: Parry
    2nd step: Collect loot.

you left out the most important steps! :

Step 3: Collect underwear
    step 4: ...
    Step 5: Profit
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    I only got purple level 44 as warrior but i seem to be doing decent versus the clock.
    I am still failing to parry normal attacks because they seem weird. I mean i do parry them but not enough to survive for 3-4 minutes. I only tried like 10-20 times though.

I just dash in when he sends waves and i am able to parry those however. It just gets messy when i am in melee because a lot of the times it seems like he is going to attack but when i press parry he just moves his hand backwards and stop attacking then start attacking again... Also its hard to notice whats going on when i am cornered or something.

BTW i managed to get him to 50% with pressing nothing but parry. Was fun.

// the second you hear the second guitar riff. //
    Maybe i should start playing with sound on.