Over 1,000 Oni General kills and no Oni Blade -.-rage

MaximilliMaximilli Registered Users 4 Posts
I have been relentlessly farming 10k Gs oni general with over 400% item find every day.. Takes about 2 min to kill him (full godly gear & tornado blade for iif). I have killed him nearly 1k times with nothing to show for it... And I see people getting the blade in ONE KILL. I know it's all random luck but I'm starting to think something is keeping it from dropping for me 1k kills on a boss that a good many players can't even beat once is pretty insane..

I farmed Fenix and blood moon wings no problem, Fenix I got first kill (that blind luck I guess) wings took about 300.

I saw in another thread someone saying the longer time it took him to kill gen oni the better the drops were, example he took 10min and got oni staff first kill. Any truth to that? That would be retarded but I've got to be doing something wrong here lol..

Comments

• kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    Maximilli wrote: »
    I saw in another thread someone saying the longer time it took him to kill gen oni the better the drops were, example he took 10min and got oni staff first kill. Any truth to that? That would be retarded but I've got to be doing something wrong here lol..

i doubt that, more like he was modder and didn't know how long it takes a real person to kill the gen. I am in similar boat to you except have killed gen oni about twice the amount of times. full godly set with magdas wand on mage. Also mostly purple runes and couple blue. I finally got a nightfire so as much as I wanted staff gave up as it was just to much of a time sink now for a equal stats.

On another note I happened to be on monk 12,400 gs and got fenix on about fifth attempt. I still have no wings. A guildie of mine farmed pet for at least 15 hours with no luck so unfortunately for you and me we just got the good rolls on the wrong items. I would gladly trade pet for weapon.
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Fingers crossed that it drops for you soon.

I was lucky with which items dropped for me. around 40 kills for the oni weapon, 1 hour for pet, and over 1500 kills for the blood moon wings - this was the PITA for me.

You guys seeing the general dropping anything else that's decent?
  • enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that it drops for you soon.

I was lucky with which items dropped for me. around 40 kills for the oni weapon, 1 hour for pet, and over 1500 kills for the blood moon wings - this was the PITA for me.

You guys seeing the general dropping anything else that's decent?

Got a vortex blade after about 1000 kills. I think it was just a way for GLU to kick me in the nuts and say "this looks like the oni blade, but you know you're never getting that"
  • enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    Maximilli wrote: »
    I have been relentlessly farming 10k Gs oni general with over 400% item find every day.. Takes about 2 min to kill him (full godly gear & tornado blade for iif). I have killed him nearly 1k times with nothing to show for it... And I see people getting the blade in ONE KILL. I know it's all random luck but I'm starting to think something is keeping it from dropping for me 1k kills on a boss that a good many players can't even beat once is pretty insane..

I farmed Fenix and blood moon wings no problem, Fenix I got first kill (that blind luck I guess) wings took about 300.

Don't feel to badly. I have the same exact tale to tell. Wouldn't be so bad if you could sell the stuff he drops for more than hellboy, but my biggest fear is that my thousands of attempts will yield nothing and then they'll shut the spirit bridge down. Must be nice to be one of the lucky chumps who gets it 1st shot. Or even 500th shot. Or even 1000th shot. Great game GLU but a little fairness and balance for us grinders would be nice. HarryPotter had some good drop rate suggestions. Hopefully GLU takes his ideas to heart so people like Max and myself don't feel so slighted.
  • litolito Registered Users 68 Posts
    You guys saying or getting frustrated about * ain't dropping?? Its all a matter of luck and IIF has nothing to do with it, maybe just a speck of it but regardless it wont matter...just pure luck. Yes it is true, weapon can drop on a very first kill just like i have on my butt-ugly looking staff then followed by both soul shredders and oniblade in more or less 30 mins. I got 2 wings in couple of hours but no luck in pheonix pet..
    "fly high and touch the sky, but keep your feet to the ground"
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    i doubt that, more like he was modder and didn't know how long it takes a real person to kill the gen. I am in similar boat to you except have killed gen oni about twice the amount of times. full godly set with magdas wand on mage. Also mostly purple runes and couple blue. I finally got a nightfire so as much as I wanted staff gave up as it was just to much of a time sink now for a equal stats.

On another note I happened to be on monk 12,400 gs and got fenix on about fifth attempt. I still have no wings. A guildie of mine farmed pet for at least 15 hours with no luck so unfortunately for you and me we just got the good rolls on the wrong items. I would gladly trade pet for weapon.

So u are saying i am a modder ? I hope u just see other posts and see i am a legit player noib , u can't survive 10 mins in front of him tht doesn't mean that others can't i was using nightfire and unbreak zerker jewlery w/o any thunder att rune i was doing 220 dmg normal and 450 crit so stop accusing any1 of modding w/o being sure of it idiot
  • MaximilliMaximilli Registered Users 4 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but I seriously feel glu should enforce some kind of fail safe when farming for the extremely rare items, like if it doesn't drop within 1000 kills, you should be Guarenteed to get the item on the 1000th kill.