Pvp timer suggestions

SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
A lot of people are making suggestions for how to improve pvp, especially in consideration of those players that choose to exploit the system by running or lagging. You know who I'm talking about.

I think the problem is in the determination of victory at the end of the match, which is currently whoever has dealt the most damage when the time runs out. The problem is that this creates a loophole for someone to deal 1 damage, and still win if they can manage to avoid letting the other player deal damage. So we need a solution without loopholes!

For these suggestions, let's assume that people modded games and super high attack/hp/def, or infinite mana, don't exist. That is of course a serious problem, but that needs its own solution, separate from the suggestions below.

Suggestions:
Remove the timer. First to 3 kills wins.
Drawbacks: your opponent could still be a runner, or lag-invincible and then the match stretches on for a long time, until you get fed up and quit (that's what the other guy wants..!). The match could stretch on for way too long regardless, if you have 2 really good players. Maybe that's not a bad thing, I don't know.

Keep the timer, but make it a "soft limit". In other words, it times out at 2.5 minutes like it does now, but if no one has gotten a kill then it allows the game to continue until someone gets a kill.
Drawbacks: you could still have runners who manage to get a kill on you and then start running, so maybe they blast all their mana and get lucky and kill you then they just have to run and they win...

When the timer runs out, change the gameplay. This could be done in many different ways:
Players have defense of 0
Players can't do their dodge/block/freeze skills anymore
Players start taking damage over time like poison/fire damage
Player mana gets stuck at 0/can't perform any skills
Suggestions???

Change the arena! Maybe we should fight at Ivar Mountain instead of Hall of the Divine. It would certainly make it more difficult to run. Perhaps there could even be a special pvp duel arena, even smaller.

Any other suggestions to solve the problem of runners are welcome! Let me know what you think, maybe together we can come up with a way to fix it, without any loopholes or drawbacks.