Options

Results from First Season in Arena

BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
I ended up logging my battles in arena. I'm a warrior, GS 10772 (have gear for 12.1k GS *waits for evo tourney*).

Random stats follow for the curious. I may scour the hack thread to count up all my reports there, but I think about 15 losses were due to reported hacks / abused glitches. For now, they are included as legitimate fights below.

Battles: 125
Avg Opp GS: 10999.88
W/L Overall: 65/60
Total AP Earned: 3252
Avg AP per Fight: 26

Warrior: 47W 24L (58% of fights)
Mage: 7W 28L (28% of fights)
Monk: 9W 8L (14% of fights)
Unknown: 2W 0L (2% of fights, these crashed before I saw my opp)

Average Opp GS Wins: 10615
Average Opp GS Losses: 11417
Win % over my GS: 38%
Fight % over my GS: 57%
Duplicated Opponents x2: 12
Duplicated Opponents x3: 1

For me, a fight with a warrior usually went my way, monks were a toss-up, and mages generally trounced me. I was a bit surprised that most of the hacks I saw were mages that had pretty good odds on beating me anyway.

Anyone else got numbers? I'm particularly interested in GS and opponent class distributions, i.e. average GS compared to your own, do mages fight more mages? Monks get more monks?
Android IGN: Brutal1977
Class: Warrior, 12591 GS

Comments

• Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Well I didnt record my fights like you did. But pvp records are kinda pointless at the mo coz of the large number of modders. I finished at 0 13 stars around 57 rank with more than 6000 ap (didn't use any gems this season). Practiced abit with my 9k monk after mage hit the 0 star and he hasnt disapppointed.
    I lost around 15 percent of my battles initially and then towards the middle everyone just suddenly upped their skill level and I started losimg more frequent. Probably 30 percent of my battles I lost. I only got back my winning streak when I donned 2 purple pvp armors. I got put to 11.8 k gs but I won almost every one over 12.5 k who wasnt a monk or modder.
    met some really good players tho this tourney and had real good battles about 80 percent mages 15 percent monks and 5 percent warriors.

ill be sure to use your record template tho for later pvp seasons
    ;)
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Agree on the relative pointlessness, but I had already started by the time I realized the level of problems so thought, what the hell. :)

I never got very far in rank, every time I got on a hot streak, I'd run into an invulnerable player or one with no spec cooldown. Frustrating. But for posterity:

Season_1.png

Rank is kinda weird. I treated the start point as 9 and each star added subtracts .25 rank. I'll worry about rank 0 with multiple stars later. =P
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Managed to get top 100 (around 80th) using a 9800 GS mage on Android.This in my opinion was a decent accomplish since I started with 6500 GS at the start (striking lucky with a L44 Night fire and a few other godly in the middle).

I've learned how to effectively counter monks using my mage and just as long as I don't mess up, I can kill them quite easily.

Mage vs mage is what I fear the most since that takes lots of micro.
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    I was ranked 106 at the end with 12.5K gs mage was 0 with 3stars and had more 5 battles that i can do but just gave up no big diffrence in rewards
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    I was ranked 106 at the end with 12.5K gs mage was 0 with 3stars and had more 5 battles that i can do but just gave up no big diffrence in rewards

I agree. The gaps between reward tiers seemed arbitrary. I stopped when I had jump by 70% to qualify for the next bonus.