How does the pvp match up work?

DatwistaDatwista Registered Users 2 Posts
Just a question how does the pvp match up work?
Is it by gs? Or by what, because I just got destroyed by a 12.8k mage and I'm only 8.5k warrior?

ME- 10365909_691681924231404_8536149035102792339_n.jpg?oh=8fbb74c62ed56e849e579df46bd5f64d&oe=53822085

Apponent-10390943_691681927564737_8869031323236220066_n.jpg?oh=3116f76b231528264e703b84c5677181&oe=5381F242

Comments

• ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Apparently it's by a combination of GS and level. It's pretty much, if you're a level 49 or 50 and you don't have a 44 gold or purple, you're *.
  • AplzAplz Registered Users 44 Posts
    You are in the same case as me lol, I did make a suggestion about match making. It really kills the fun of arena when you can't do anything.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    at least you got beat by an honorable player from OU. could have been worse.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • DatwistaDatwista Registered Users 2 Posts
    The update ruined everything! Everytime some Mage or monk hit and run we at least got good AP,but now we only get 8.
    Glu to be honest ur just ruining the game now, you introduce something cool to the game and then ruin it. Hope u can fix this ��
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Yeah, the AP adjustment was also BS. It's bad enough the offerings give feces of prizes, it's worse the AP list is more difficult to escalate.
  • MonnikMonnik Registered Users 24 Posts
    I've got an even better example of poor matchmaking for you. This guy was lvl 43 with 6k gs, I'm lvl 50 with 12.5k. At first I just saw a monk and thought I should be careful, then my orb randomly hit him for a 26k and he died.. didn't notice his low level until then. The following 2 kills took only 3 seconds each, I feel sorry for him.
    55yCb5C.jpg
  • bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    Matchmaking works like this now:
    If you are around 7-8k GS you get a 12k+ on arena
    If you are around 12k - you get a cheater.
    Lose-lose situation.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Monnik wrote: »
    I've got an even better example of poor matchmaking for you. This guy was lvl 43 with 6k gs, I'm lvl 50 with 12.5k. At first I just saw a monk and thought I should be careful, then my orb randomly hit him for a 26k and he died.. didn't notice his low level until then. The following 2 kills took only 3 seconds each, I feel sorry for him.

Monnik, at least you're an upper gs player attesting to the horrific match up situation. I got matched with this guy:

14+-+1

My mage had 1100 gs...not 11000, just 1100 :( REALLY GLU?
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    This happens when you are in the PvP queue and no one else in your GS range is in queue. This leaves you with being matched with another player that happens to have a higher or lower GS than you.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    This happens when you are in the PvP queue and no one else in your GS range is in queue. This leaves you with being matched with another player that happens to have a higher or lower GS than you.

I like it. Players whove played longer and dedicated more time tto farm, deserve to have an advantage imn the arena.
    ;)
  • EagleOneEagleOne Registered Users 18 Posts
    Handles wrote: »

I would rather wait for a fair fight that takes some skill and strategy to win. So far I have been getting matched with hackers and haven't cared to even try again until Glu removes them.
  • ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
    In answer to your question, not very well.
  • SkyrideSkyride Registered Users 36 Posts
    I get matched against 2-3k gs players pretty often and I'm 12.7k; they see the gear I'm using then leave before the timer finishes counting down. It sums up to be a negative experience for both sides because our arena energy points are wasted on minimal AP earned and no enjoyment on what could've been a fair fight matchup.