Options

Arena Fight Question - Landing Hits

BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
Hi all, I've been seeing something I don't understand since pvp started, and I'm wondering how often it's happening. I'm not talking about the no cooldown mod or when opponents turn into a statue and win the game.

I'm a 12.1k GS warrior and just got done with 5 mage fights in a row. I won one, lost one with no complaint on my end, but the other three were odd in that I couldn't seem to do any damage. I would hit the mage squarely with multiple dashes throughout the fight, perhaps a whirlwind or two and lots and lots of normal whacks in the head with murdermaker. By the time I've been knocked out three times, or time has run out, I usually only do 50-100% of the opponents first 'life'.

On fights I win, or come close to winning, each swing of the sword visibly knocks some hp down and I hear the satisfying sound of a mage in pain. On the three I just fought, I hit and hit and hit and little or no damage is done. The opponent lights up like I hit him, but there is no pain sounds and no mini-stuns that I usually see.

Any ideas what this can be? Lag with glu, me or the opponent? Perhaps this is a mod of some type? I usually see 60-100 ms ping to the America server and many of my fights are actually fair ones where my hits seem to land just fine. Also, I used mage as an example, but I've seen it several times with monk/warrior as well. Mage is all the more frustrating because it's often hard to close the distance to strike.
Android IGN: Brutal1977
Class: Warrior, 12591 GS

Comments

• Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    If you can't hit and they hit you then
    1. They lag (often on purpose) and Glu made pvp so great that pple who don't deserve it - win
    2. They run run run run run... Running gives you invincibility because Glu.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    A few folks I fought this season where I've seen this with follow. I make no accusation, but if any listed recall fights with me, what did you see on your end?

lokisax
    cttbotno4
    tawatchaibom
    maiyot
    nontee
  • Options
    bryblun wrote: »
    If you can't hit and they hit you then
    1. They lag (often on purpose) and Glu made pvp so great that pple who don't deserve it - win.

I didn't say it before, but the fights I'm talking about were normal looking where we both appear to be actively fighting and hitting the other. Everything seemed normal except few if any of my hits were actually doing damage. Can lag on their end do this?
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    I didn't say it before, but the fights I'm talking about were normal looking where we both appear to be actively fighting and hitting the other. Everything seemed normal except few if any of my hits were actually doing damage. Can lag on their end do this?
    Yes it can. Also, it's that monks and mages are generally invincible most of the time (and still they whine about parry) and it's impossible to land hits on them often (especially after dodges and freeze)
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts

Yes. It's how I lose most of my fights.

Hit the monk with a whirlwind. He gets up and runs. Seriously, I CAN SEE MY SWORD going through his petite body. Jesus.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    I was 65-60 last season, and 41-38 so far this season. 10-20% of losses were due to the no cooldown cheats, don't know how many were due to this lag behavior, but it feels like a lot. Kinda sucks especially with how rank works. 50-50 means you stay parked at rank 9, one star. :(
  • Options
    The SaintThe Saint Registered Users 45 Posts
    Hi all, I've been seeing something I don't understand since pvp started, and I'm wondering how often it's happening. I'm not talking about the no cooldown mod or when opponents turn into a statue and win the game.

I'm a 12.1k GS warrior and just got done with 5 mage fights in a row. I won one, lost one with no complaint on my end, but the other three were odd in that I couldn't seem to do any damage. I would hit the mage squarely with multiple dashes throughout the fight, perhaps a whirlwind or two and lots and lots of normal whacks in the head with murdermaker. By the time I've been knocked out three times, or time has run out, I usually only do 50-100% of the opponents first 'life'.

On fights I win, or come close to winning, each swing of the sword visibly knocks some hp down and I hear the satisfying sound of a mage in pain. On the three I just fought, I hit and hit and hit and little or no damage is done. The opponent lights up like I hit him, but there is no pain sounds and no mini-stuns that I usually see.

Any ideas what this can be? Lag with glu, me or the opponent? Perhaps this is a mod of some type? I usually see 60-100 ms ping to the America server and many of my fights are actually fair ones where my hits seem to land just fine. Also, I used mage as an example, but I've seen it several times with monk/warrior as well. Mage is all the more frustrating because it's often hard to close the distance to strike.
    M glad someone brought this into glu's consideration.
    Well I don't use s3 but yes, I could say m on a similar boat.
    All that we can do now is to pray to get it fixed soon:)