Fights against Laggers

BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
Since I don't think glu has commented on this, the most common user belief is that arena players are intentionally choosing servers where they have high pings or increasing bandwidth usage on their wifi/device to slow the connection to glu artificially.

For some strange reason, glu's code gives these people an extremely high advantage in arena fights. They can hit you, you cannot (or can only rarely) hit them, i.e. your attacks go straight through them. These are the people I refer to as 'laggers'. Glu, please investigate... quickly. Let us know what's going on here, it really really sucks from our end.

Last season, I had 37 fights against laggers in 162 fights (23%), most of which were losses since they can rarely be hit. This season in 25 fights, I'm already up to 11 laggers (44%). The problem is predictably getting worse since nothing in the game has changed to counter it.

Anyone else seeing a large increase in these types of fights?
Android IGN: Brutal1977
Class: Warrior, 12591 GS

Comments

• BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Lagger List (season 3 partial): kadoor, bamafan80, wegoing2, whocare, Asian Characters (x2), angelus79, kil15, krit13, qwerrrty, qacha, alexpap

The last was just added, so, I'm up to 12 lagger fights this season. I've also found myself back at Rank 9, 1 Star after 26 fights. *sigh*
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I thought this was normal.

Im stuck at rank 9 and I'm seriously considering using my hit and run monk, since my warriors attacks just cant seem to connect.

I see my sword fly through the opponent and i just have to slap myself.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    I don't know what it is due to, only what some folks have theorized. All I know is I've lost 13 of the last 17 fights due to 'lagged' or modded opponents. My pings are usually around 60ms and I'm using a galaxy S3 phone.

If people start posting their experiences, we might be able to tease out what is going on here.

This season is a lot worse than the last, so I think whatever is being done, word has spread.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Yeah im the same as ultra here my warriors attacks aint doing anything in most of my fights, i have an excellent internet connection, (on wifi) its ****ing me off
    It's kind of funny. Sometimes I think Glu wants us to lose so we get mad and pay money for energy refills to play more.

Ironically, I was going to ask my parents to give me money to buy some stuff in this game for my birthday which was a little while back. But after Glu introduced PvP and the pay to win PvP gear, I lost interest. It ****es me off and drove me away from the game, which is why I downloaded League. And that game's PvP is a lot better than EW3's PvP. Other than the fact that I suck at LoL, there's no problems with it.

So I'm going to spend my money elsewhere, lol.
  • JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    not just hits not damaging opponent. sometimes you can't move when you wanted to, sometimes your skill cannot be executed even though u r spamming the skill button. sometimes you get hit even when the opponent is swinging on the other side of the arena.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    not just hits not damaging opponent. sometimes you can't move when you wanted to, sometimes your skill cannot be executed even though u r spamming the skill button. sometimes you get hit even when the opponent is swinging on the other side of the arena.

Yes, I have experienced this too with my mage. You hit the skill buttons and nothing happens. Or a warrior will parry and you get frozen in place. I lost quite a few matches cause I was stuck or couldn't get out of the way.
    Guild leader of Marauders
    Now at 14W 26L... I think it's time for me to declare pvp dead. With no feedback from glu on the issues, I see little point in sticking around past the point of finding an alternative game.

Now taking suggestions by PM of solid playable games, no gree, no glu... and preferably a newer release. :)
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    One sad thing is, I'm getting better at aiming eruption at laggers anticipating where they'll be that I am at hitting non-laggers :D
  • Its5pmIts5pm Banned Users 112 Posts
    Anyone ever experience where the charachter just stand on one spot and does nothing until the time runs out? Usually happens after i got hit by enemy first, i dont kno if its intentional, its been happening alot lately.
  • reflektreflekt Registered Users 5 Posts
    I agree a lot.. This happens every Day
  • JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    Its5pm wrote: »
    Anyone ever experience where the charachter just stand on one spot and does nothing until the time runs out? Usually happens after i got hit by enemy first, i dont kno if its intentional, its been happening alot lately.

my understanding with this is the people have a second device and call the phone they are using. if you get a phone call fit does some kind of disconnect and they do not take damage. This really ****es me off and happens a lot. on IOS worrior141 plays this way and has done it the three times I matched up against him. I try to get a few hits in but he lags and gets a lucky dash in then goes immobile.
    JohnBoy12 wrote: »
    my understanding with this is the people have a second device and call the phone they are using. if you get a phone call fit does some kind of disconnect and they do not take damage. This really ****es me off and happens a lot. on IOS worrior141 plays this way and has done it the three times I matched up against him. I try to get a few hits in but he lags and gets a lucky dash in then goes immobile.

If there's any bright side, I got a phone call today in the middle of a very close fight with coleli. I rejected the call and tried to return to the fight thinking I'd have taken a few lumps, but instead got a 'connection lost' message and lost the fight.

Hope this means that type of cheat no longer works, but if you saw it within the last day or so, there must still be a hole in the code.
  • JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    happened yesterday or late the day before, but it is just one of many loopholes being exploited in pvp.
  • SlayriskSlayrisk Registered Users 14 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    Lagger List (season 3 partial): kadoor, bamafan80, wegoing2, whocare, Asian Characters (x2), angelus79, kil15, krit13, qwerrrty, qacha, alexpap

The last was just added, so, I'm up to 12 lagger fights this season. I've also found myself back at Rank 9, 1 Star after 26 fights. *sigh*

Which server do you play on, Brutal? I play on the Asian servers and I can confirm that krit13 and whocare tend to lag like ****. If you play on some other server.. At least we'll know for a fact that these guys keep hopping servers to lag and win fights.
    Keep calm and farm on.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Brutal there is a game called heroes of order and chaos from gameloft it is exactly the same as lol but on a phone
    Except it's by Gameloft. So it's going to be pay to win.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Not rly i am playing it and it is pretty good
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Not rly i am playing it and it is pretty good

I'm playing League. You know, cuz I hate MOBA's on a tiny screen.