Android Arena Lag or whatever it is, lets figure this out already...

BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
Ok setting aside the horrible nerf to arena rewards and in the hope that something might have improved, I dove into the arena a little while ago. My first 5 fights were what's largely being called 'lagged' fights. My pings are consistently 60-70ms on a broadband wifi using a Galaxy S3.

If you know what I mean by that, skip this paragraph. What I see in a lagged fight: My strikes more often than not smack my opponent directly. They shimmer a bit but take no damage on most hits. Their strikes that hit me directly deal damage. every. single. time. My whirlwinds get blocked often enough I rarely use them anymore. I block their whirlwinds maybe 30% of the time. Monk runners are pretty much untouchable as I can't parry the running knee thing they do, rarely connect with a dash, and they run circles around my whirlwind making stupid monk sounds. Monks and warriors alike gain their own 'blink' as they instantly jump from the far side of the screen right up in my face with a fist or a sword buried in my head an instant later...

I've posted name lists before in the hope that one of these players would reply and describe what they saw on their end. Haven't had any luck so far, but my 5 fights today were with:

lnwpantom warrior gs 12484
vurkannen monk gs 11248
kokraff warrior gs 12624
jetsfan warrior gs 12597 (three other clean fights with him 1st and 2nd season)
wicklef warrior gs 11579

After five back-to-back lagged fights I started to think device specific problem again but decided to try one more fight. There are two mages I've had many clean fights with and I ran into one of them next.

134679 mage gs 12421

134679 in my opinion is about the best mage I've faced, only other that jumps out at me is alreadyused. When 134679's on his game, I get creamed and our series stands with him leading 7 wins to my 6. No surprise, my next two fights with him were clean. My hits hit, his hits hit. Only odd fight was where he statued once on me last season in the beginning of a fight when he was leading.

So seriously, what the hell... do the five guys above have ****py internet? Is it their connection that's causing this; is it mine? Is it glu's servers? Will the sky fall tomorrow? Has glu commented on this somewhere? I want to understand. I think others want to understand.

In season 2, I tried a few other servers as a test with 100-300ms pings and didn't see much of a difference aside from me getting disconnected in about half of them. I didn't go so far as to max out my home bandwidth as some suspect may be happening.

Sorry for the long post, but this is frustrating. If I'm lucky I finish a season 50/50 for W/L, which of course keeps me pinned in rank 9 or 8.

I'm most interested in your thoughts. Are you seeing fights like mine? If so, how often? Have you figured out any kind of a fix that makes the arena playable?
Android IGN: Brutal1977
Class: Warrior, 12591 GS

Comments

• LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    I hate meeting ppl with third world internet. Siting with a iphone 5s full wi-fi connection with a 500mb/s fiberoptik broadband. And i meet complete noobs that beats me because they can hit me but my attacks almost never lands...
  • BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Another observation, just fought a few more fights. No laggers, but 2 cheaters and 1 questionable cheater (mage putting up way too many specs to be normal, no pots observed).

This is making me thing it's glu's server load. Earlier fights were in prime US time, 10pm east coast / 7pm west coast. Saw a lot of reads here, not much in the way of comments.

What do you see in fights? Do your hits miss a lot, even though you see them nail your opponent? Does it happen often? Do you like hiking in the mountains? Do you have a pulse? =P
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS