Glu, what's this VIP ****?

SkenderbeuSkenderbeu Registered Users 85 Posts
Top prize for spending 500 gems is 1 gold offering and 1 res potion?!! You can buy 10 gold offerings for less then 900 gems. Your business tactics are down the drain.
G¹²
Prev1

Comments

• MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Skenderbeu wrote: »
    Top prize for spending 500 gems is 1 gold offering and 1 res potion?!! You can buy 10 gold offerings for less then 900 gems. Your business tactics are down the drain.

Why are you complaining about getting free additional items for your normal gem spend?
  • revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Why are you complaining about getting free additional items for your normal gem spend?

It probably has more to do with most of recent updates/add-ons just being money holes that you need to throw gems at and not bug fixes and updates for all player's gameplay. (save the tournament banner thingy)
  • SkenderbeuSkenderbeu Registered Users 85 Posts
    My whole complaint is that glu makes gems the main currency but doesn't give you the opportunity to earn it in the game other than just spend cash for them. Why not replace gem value with dollar value?
    G¹²
    My whole complaint is that glu makes gems the main currency but doesn't give you the opportunity to earn it in the game other than just spend cash for them. Why not replace gem value with dollar value?

You can earn gems via both missions and login bonuses.
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    You can earn gems via both missions and login bonuses.

Lmao, like that's going to sustain you. What a joke.
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Yeah 60 gems a month for logging in is a joke. Doing missions for 5 gems is a one time deal. Moloch always dancing around the obvious and feeding us bull ****.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
    bigBrules wrote: »
    Yeah 60 gems a month for logging in is a joke. Doing missions for 5 gems is a one time deal. Moloch always dancing around the obvious and feeding us bull ****.

We are too greedy, but we are giving away free items. Which one is it?
  • bidsybidsy Registered Users 75 Posts
    MOLOCH........the only free gems i can earn are logins. Ive spent over 11k usd to date......how about a thanks for spending a college fund on our app.....heres a free tier9 weapon ;)
    IGN: BlDS
    Guild: -=WOLFPACK=-
    (ANDROID)
  • Burningx2Burningx2 Registered Users 15 Posts
    i dont have vip otion and same for watch videos for free gems dont know why i unistalled ... reisntalled

nothing

if i start the game in blustacks on my pc i get the options but not on my android note 2

so can it be the options blocked becoz my device is rooted or here other with too a rooted device and have the option?
  • Pt604Pt604 Registered Users 20 Posts

Hi Moloch - can you confirm with this new VIP system that you will in fact continue to have tiered spender tourneys or will this be replacing them?
  • UnkownUnkown Registered Users 14 Posts
    Pt604 wrote: »
    Hi Moloch - can you confirm with this new VIP system that you will in fact continue to have tiered spender tourneys or will this be replacing them?

Hi Moloch please give us an answer for tiered spender.. Thx
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    The Teired Spender and the VIP are one and the same. Sorry for the confusion.

Pretty sure it's too greedy. These "free items" are rewards for playing consistently and finished quests. Not exactly free... Then the gear you need endgame is pretty much bought and upgraded with gems. one month log-in gems = less than 1 god of gold spin? It's either quit or pay money.
  • jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    revit wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's too greedy. These "free items" are rewards for playing consistently and finished quests. Not exactly free... Then the gear you need endgame is pretty much bought and upgraded with gems. one month log-in gems = less than 1 god of gold spin? It's either quit or pay money.

if you are not greedy Moloch, then why nerf pvp gem reward.. also daily rewards used to be higher then the 60 gems per month..that was nerfed too...so definitely greedy...no doubt about it. quest gems are a one time deal, if you like giving free stuff, reset gem reward on quests once a week or month..that's an idea you should work on if you like giving free stuff..
    jaggu wrote: »
    if you are not greedy Moloch, then why nerf pvp gem reward.. also daily rewards used to be higher then the 60 gems per month..that was nerfed too...so definitely greedy...no doubt about it. quest gems are a one time deal, if you like giving free stuff, reset gem reward on quests once a week or month..that's an idea you should work on if you like giving free stuff..

And asking for everything to be cheap and easy to get isn't greedy?
  • griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts

Common, let’s be real here – we’re not asking for handouts… who ever thought that the top prize should cost $500 USD is grossly out of touch with reality.
  • jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts

Arguing with customers is not the best form of customer service. Dude, Have some commonsense.
    I know commonsense is not so common.
  • Pt604Pt604 Registered Users 20 Posts
    Handles wrote: »

Hi Handles and Moloch - thanks for the clarification.. Is it safe to say now that seeing that tiered spender and vip have been consolidated are you stating that we will no longer be able to win level 50 gold weps or level 50 resolve equipment with gold or god spins anymore (like old tiered spender) and only via gem spending now? Or will there be another opportunity via gold/god offering spins?

Whoa who asked for everything to to be cheap and easy? that's unreasonable... But at the same time, you guys are on the other end of the spectrum making everything expensive and *almost* too hard to do without paying. Oh yeah, we aren't a huge gaming company with millions(billions?) of dollars... so trying to compare our "greedy" vs GLU greedy is laughable.
    revit wrote: »
    Whoa who asked for everything to to be cheap and easy? that's unreasonable... But at the same time, you guys are on the other end of the spectrum making everything expensive and *almost* too hard to do without paying. Oh yeah, we aren't a huge gaming company with millions(billions?) of dollars... so trying to compare our "greedy" vs GLU greedy is laughable.

We are a publicly traded company, you can check our records if you want to know how much money we generate: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=207033&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1953158&highlight=

Also, Glu is a relatively small company, especially in the gaming space. EA for example has over 10,000 employees. We don't have even a tenth of that.

There are a number of players at the top end of the game who haven't spent any money. Power can be earned with time in the game.
  • SANDLOCKSANDLOCK Registered Users 99 Posts
    ^ open communication .. this is all we ask for when it comes to in game items. you freely gave info about $$$ we just ask for more communication between glu and players.
    like when server went down yesterday. everyone 1 panic screaming ddoss attack etc.. why not talk to us or let us in .
  • SirSySirSy Registered Users 60 Posts

WOW!!!....Way to A*SE F**K everyone who has collected gold/rune spins from previous tournaments.
    We are a publicly traded company, you can check our records if you want to know how much money we generate: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=207033&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1953158&highlight=

Also, Glu is a relatively small company, especially in the gaming space. EA for example has over 10,000 employees. We don't have even a tenth of that.

There are a number of players at the top end of the game who haven't spent any money. Power can be earned with time in the game.

Indeed, A handful of the top players haven't spent any, that's why I said *almost*. But they have had the guild support of those who pay (sometimes a LOT) in order to get offerings and higher tiered equipment. So what you mean to say is, "time within the game AND people who pay to help out the guild".

*well, before runes and t9 stuff, you could get everything*
    SANDLOCK wrote: »
    ^ open communication .. this is all we ask for when it comes to in game items. you freely gave info about $$$ we just ask for more communication between glu and players.
    like when server went down yesterday. everyone 1 panic screaming ddoss attack etc.. why not talk to us or let us in .

you mean open communication like this? not telling us about maintenance before the tourney until after it was finished?
    Correct, I am like Jon Snow. I know nothing.

But really, was the time players couldn't log in happen to fun along side the time we were in maintence leading up to the Tournament? Because if so, then there is your answer.
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts

Maybe if you have no job and no life and play this money hungry game a ridiculous amount of hours every day.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Lol the only people who can defend Glu for not being greedy are the people who work for Glu themselves. I've seen how you guys run games, and trust me, the paywall to win in here is far greater than any other game I've played. Gameloft has been bashed for using IAPs, but their games are still far more enjoyable without paying. Even their games don't require cherry pickers to feed off others who spend hundreds to thousands on this game.

Take the free to play element where people aren't frustrated while playing, and maybe you guys will get a better reputation. I doubt any of that will happen, not with your greedy mindset.
  • warrior22warrior22 Registered Users 95 Posts

so basically another money sucking trick? As many player used their earned gold offerings in tier spender and didnt buy gems from u which basically dont give u any money so u removed tier spender and get VIP where u only earn rewards only if u spend gems wow.... what a cheap act Glu.
    - Hunter :p;)
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    bidsy wrote: »
    MOLOCH........the only free gems i can earn are logins. Ive spent over 11k usd to date......how about a thanks for spending a college fund on our app.....heres a free tier9 weapon ;)

I have said this before... I think there should be a reward for hitting a set amount, maybe $1,000 maybe $5,000. Once you hit that set amount you get very well rewarded, such as unlimited free gems for the life of that game.
  • MarkphamMarkpham Registered Users 7 Posts

so you are say that all the god of gold and god of rune I have saved and waiting for the tier tour to gain 125k vp is useless now?

come on Glu!
    you just made the tier tour even worst!
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Markpham wrote: »
    so you are say that all the god of gold and god of rune I have saved and waiting for the tier tour to gain 125k vp is useless now?

come on Glu!
    you just made the tier tour even worst!

Yep they made it way worse but still trying to make it sound like they made the change for the better for the players now that we get vp for every gem used.

This statement can only be defended if it´s acctually a glitch and they ment to give us vp also for using gold and rune tockens we alredy have as always but accedently messed up. You guys will fix this "misstake" for the next Teired Spender right Maloch? ....