Options

Swords: Nobilus vs. Predator: Which do I use?

GreyGnomeGreyGnome Registered Users 6 Posts
Hello,
I have in my gear the Holy Blade of Nobilus and a Supernatural Sword of the Predator. I wonder which one to keep.

Nobilus has Critical Chance + Critical Damage boosts, and a total Max GS of 1203.
SotPredator has Critical Chance + Increase Item Find, and a total Max GS of 1466

I'm inclined to keep the Supernatural Sword and sell the Nobilus, even though the latter sells for 8,000 gold, and is a Yellow vs. a Purple background, so ostensibly it's a much better item.

But I figure that if I update the SSotPredator, its base higher attack power will offset any critical hit advantage that may come with the Blade of Nobilus, and I'll get increased Item Find to boot.

What do you think? Is critical chance + critical damage really that much of a win? Enough to offset the higher GS of the SSotP (+20% all day)? Will I get a much higher damage per second on average if I stick with the Sword of Nobilus?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Basically Lv. 26 gold sword is weaker than lv. 31 purple. The only problem is reagents. If you have enough reagents to make the purple lv. 31 at 15/15 go for it. If not fully evo the gold lv. 26.
    Both are enough to kill LNian.
    You didn't say where on the map are you now.
    If you haven't passed Ning Yuan the other available option is to continue to farm LCyclops for a lv. 31 gold weapon.
  • Options
    GreyGnomeGreyGnome Registered Users 6 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Basically Lv. 26 gold sword is weaker than lv. 31 purple. The only problem is reagents. If you have enough reagents to make the purple lv. 31 at 15/15 go for it. If not fully evo the gold lv. 26.
    Both are enough to kill LNian.
    You didn't say where on the map are you now.
    If you haven't passed Ning Yuan the other available option is to continue to farm LCyclops for a lv. 31 gold weapon.

Thanks for the reply. I've chosen the purple sword.

I have gotten to Cyclops in Legendary mode, but he slaughters me quite quickly so I've basically spent the last month pounding on hellboy in Normal mode to beef up. (I can't kill the Frostfang Spider in the Frostbite cave, either :-( ). My current GS is about 2600.

I have all the reagents I need, except for 5 of the Demon Champion eyes, I believe... I've gotten a number of Demon Champion reagents from offerings, I think. I can't farm for any of them (haven't gotten far enough in Legendary mode), so I may have to spend some gems to upgrade my sword...