How to fix your apple device app crash issue on EW3

jousterljjousterlj Registered Users 8 Posts
After waiting a very long time with no reply to my issue with my ipod touch 5 gen with latest IOS crashing 5 mins into playing. I decided to take some chances risking my then level 50 warrior.

I first went into Itunes did a full backup of my ipod. Then deleted EW3, I was warned this would also delete my data. Figured why not. So I deleted the game with intention to download it. When I tried to download it showed it was coming from my cloud. I let it continue, started my game and had my heart sink when I discovered my warrior promoted to 1st level. I did not continue and exited out immediately. I then restored my backup stored on my pc through itunes, I had to make sure my find my ipod service was turned off during the backup. When it came back on I was relieved to see my level 50 warrior had returned, when the game came up it was missing all the texture packs, and started downloading once again in the background. When finished, I restarted and everything was back to normal with one exception, no longer was my ipod crashing after 5 mins of playing.

So the Wargod update was released, game was running smoother than ever until I tried to load the Minotaur Lair level. It would take my shipping tokens away show the screen as it was loading then app just close out. I thought, maybe it was because I have been playing too much. I started a fresh new game went straight to Minotaur Lair level (legendary) again app crashed. I concluded during the last update the files for the Minotaur Lair were corrupted. Here is the solution.

Open itunes
Run a full backup through itunes - this time it prompted me saying the applications on my ipod are not on the pc if I wanted to update it. I said yes.
Once the backup was completed, I located my EW3 app on my ipod and deleted. Warned me about losing my data, again I pressed ok. Off it went.
This time I immediately restored my backup again through Itunes, I had to first turn off the find my ipod service through general, icoud, find my ipod. It quickly loaded my ipod with the backup once again. As before restarted the game, only core files were there. In the background it downloaded a new set of files for all the texture, extra kingdom packs. Once completed, I closed out restarted. Went to the Minotaur Lair and it works fine.

**Warning** If you do not run a full backup of your IPOD through Itunes before deleted the game with the data you will be returned back to level 1. I tried to find out which files you can delete without losing your character but could not find it at the time so full backup and restoring from the full back up is my only suggestion.

I hope this was helpful to others.

Jouster - 007Conan