Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Need some info about Turbos (real life, not the game)

KaptinBoxxiKaptinBoxxi Registered Users 161 Posts
Would be awesome if someone who knows what they're talking about could answer this with some knowledge.

Background:
I got a "free" car at the end of May. a 1987 Toyota Corolla AE85 GTS FX16 with an 87 MR2 engine swap. It needs a little fixing up, but i have most of the parts and just need help getting the right turbo and as cheap as i can

the info i have for my turbo of what i need is this

65 trim turbo
T3 or T4 Flange -- i know this has to do with the oil feed
Free Flowing Turbo
Externally Gated

I do have "half:" of the turbo, and i could try to get a picture of what i have so far tomorrow and maybe i can buy just the rest of the turbo cheaper than the the whole turbo (hopefully).

I don't actually know what any of that means... either an article about turbos would work or just explain it in simple terms. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I wish I could help but I gotta say google is your best friend in this case
  • Options
    Old women wrote: »
    I wish I could help but I gotta say google is your best friend in this case

i figured out some of it, but i can't find anything specific, just just defined is all i need to know like what is the trim, the flange i figured out, what free flowing means and what externally gated means

everything i find on google is super technical, i can't find anything dumbed down
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    Post pics of what you have so far is it just hot side or compressor housing ?
  • Options
    joedawnnjoedawnn Registered Users 1,216 Posts
    just look up a stock mr2 turbo on ebay
    buy that
    shouldn't be too expensive
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Yea mr2 were supercharged if anything.. Most likely that used a dsm turbo, but for the sake of guessing, post some pics and we can figure this out. By hot side I'm assuming your talking about the exhaust flange? Or so you mean the rest of the actual snail shell?
  • Options
    GvosGvos Registered Users 69 Posts
    Can't answer your question but this used to be a good source when I was researching a Turbo. http://www.theturboforums.com/
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    Post pics my friend I can help.
  • Options
    the red onethe red one Registered Users 15 Posts
    turbo is also know as forced induction, it adds pressure to the engine at a certain rpm to increase power and torque thats basically what it does
  • Options
    PINKSMASTAPINKSMASTA Registered Users 1,335 Posts
    1. what pricing are you looking for a turbo.
    2. do you want the turbo so the car can be faster or do you want it just because??
  • Options
    I know what a turbo is and how it works and all that, it's the specific parts I don't know I'm told I'm only missing the hot side...that's what I don't know The turbo setup is already there, it just needs the up pipe and the hotside
  • Options
    PINKSMASTAPINKSMASTA Registered Users 1,335 Posts
    here is a link to a pic i have.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/33uwivs.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    Here's the craigslist post i have up, but i'll link the photos here

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4495121478.html

00q0q_imVMoCQ6VHZ_600x450.jpg

As for the Reason i'm going to turbo it.... It's all there except for a select few parts, why not leave it turbo'd
  • Options
    Wow.. Well you've got some good and bad there. As for the turbo, I would completely replace the whole compressor unit. If its been open sitting like that, who knows its condition. Plus a new turbo will come complete and sealed. It looks like your missing the intake side not the "hot" side.. Once you swap out the turbo, make sure you have oil/water and your waste gate is working. You should be ready to test it out. Looks like a fun project! A mess, but fun. And you can always clean it up after its running haha
  • Options
    PS, where does the intake go after it dips into the body after the MAS? Is the an intercooler?
  • Options
    To me the hot side would be your exhaust side. Which you have. You don't have the intake side. From what I can tell that is.. But either way man, it's gonna be sweet.. Too bad your not near by man.. I have a turbo eclipse in my garage right now I'm working on haha..
  • Options
    What!? That sucks man.. I'm sorry
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    You don't need a turbo
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    Oh I see well contact taka aono for the turbo bro