Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

show opponents car rating to stop scamming..

crashcrash Registered Users 18 Posts
everyone has probs been scammed by some nob who joins a friend in a low lobby in there maxed car and does a few fake sandbagged runs but if we could see the rating of there car when they challenge you this would stop this a hell of a lot least this way we can see who they are and prevent it from happening as much am sure this wouldnt be too difficult to implement hope this is considered

Comments

• Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    it would be nice to see other peoples rating, but why would u challenge a car that can potentially be faster than you. when i join a lobby with my evo i never pink anyone that i know that can potentially beat me. i always pink the same car. this is why i only pink during turf when i know all cars are equal
  • Options
    GetEmjayedGetEmjayed Registered Users 244 Posts
    Please add the rating back CIE... There's no reason not to
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    You guys already get a warning saying "you never know what is under the hood" which I turn you should realize that they could be maxed. Never pink unless you could beat that car maxed..
  • Options
    thats wrong... it should be done in the rated room its only scammable by adding a friend in that room and joining with a maxed car... why allow that ? yeah join friends but show rating or whats the point in ratings why not just have an open room for all cars ..... as the room you enter all cars should be same rating yeah different tunes and thats what makes it a challenge not some one with a maxed car when yours isnt... and yes agreed its the reason id only pink in turfs as its more fair..
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    if you get scammed, you're the real "nob".

• Options
    project420project420 Registered Users 37 Posts
    crash wrote: »
    everyone has probs been scammed by some nob who joins a friend in a low lobby in there maxed car and does a few fake sandbagged runs but if we could see the rating of there car when they challenge you this would stop this a hell of a lot least this way we can see who they are and prevent it from happening as much am sure this wouldnt be too difficult to implement hope this is considered

Personal i wish when your in the track lobby waiting to race, they shouldnt be able to look at the players garage or specs.... if you get sand bagged that your own fault! The only thing they should be able to see is the players car and friend add only, and only when your in the garage can you see your friends cars!

That would make the game way more intresting :-)
  • Options
    i wasnt actually saying i get sandbagged a lot ive played long enough to know what cars are capable of... yeah it happened when i first started but im just saying basically if you can join a lower lobby with a maxed car whats the point of the lobby ratings ? it just be nice to know when your racing its based on your tune and car not the fact you could be cheated out by someone who cant beat there own rated opponents... yeah i could sit in a low lobby sandbag and win lots of pinks but that would make me pathetic in my eyes if its the only way i can win from low level players... anyway was just a suggestion was more to help new players keep there cars and no leave cos they lost there starter car.. now i dont ever pink unless in turf and then i rarely do due to shitty update ...
  • Options
    Grid Hot 236Grid Hot 236 Registered Users 215 Posts
    My tips to know either the car maxed or not is, if he want to pinks with u add him and then after u add him see his all car find the car that he use to pinks you. Then u see his torq and wieght for his car if same as yours sure u can pinks with him. Sorry if my english is broken
  • Options
    1 darknight 11 darknight 1 Registered Users 966 Posts
    You always have the option to not press pinks. If you don't. Press pinks you won't ever loose your ride. If someone pinks you. And you don't think you can. Eat that car. Then don't do it. The face that you want th at option gone is redic. That would take player trades away. You would only be able to trade for a car with the same rating. Duah. I say keep it like it is and tell this noob to pay attention and don't pink people
  • Options
    s13silviaguys13silviaguy Registered Users 408 Posts
    keep it the way it is...
  • Options
    Josh A Tx TruckrJosh A Tx Truckr Registered Users 66 Posts
    They need to put the same system for events on every day play. You can join a friend and race your friend, or any other person who is in your set range. So IE teammate talks sh!t to another teams member, he calls for back up, then your teammate can call you to match their skill. This game like so many out there benefits the first players and IOS over Android as well as the huge money spender. Check out my posts about Campaign Walkthrough Guide for the avid player who doesn't like being behind the curb
  • Options
    R6riderzR6riderz Registered Users 15 Posts
    Yea it more realistic that way ..and it takes the thrill out of the pinking process ..maybe if you weren't slow it wouldn't matter and ther are probably 10 other people to race in a lobby at a time so avoid a fast person
  • Options
    Avante XAvante X Registered Users 238 Posts
    The problem here is that people who have low-rated D or C class cars face people who have over-powered cars in their lobby.

So, yes. Please add the rating of another person's car. The people who don't support this are the people who actually engage in this activity, essentially stealing other people's cars.
  • Options
    Exactly my point.... I wasn't saying I loose a lot or that I'm slow far from it.... The point I was making is what's the point of having room ratings if you can join any room with any rated car I hate scammers the sheer fact they can't beat people in there own rated room so have to take cars from new players is pathetic... And I got scammed the first week I played and I soon realised the deal and never happen again... The main reason I started this was because I got a friend to play he got scammed straight away and said it's B's... And quit.. So if it puts new players off straight away then cie are loosing players and profits..
  • Options
    ahin1984ahin1984 Registered Users 249 Posts
    player rating should always be confidential. u don't challenge anyone to a fight unless u know u can beat them and if u do then its your fault u get your ___ beat
  • Options
    ahin1984ahin1984 Registered Users 249 Posts
    crash wrote: »
    Exactly my point.... I wasn't saying I loose a lot or that I'm slow far from it.... The point I was making is what's the point of having room ratings if you can join any room with any rated car I hate scammers the sheer fact they can't beat people in there own rated room so have to take cars from new players is pathetic... And I got scammed the first week I played and I soon realised the deal and never happen again... The main reason I started this was because I got a friend to play he got scammed straight away and said it's B's... And quit.. So if it puts new players off straight away then cie are loosing players and profits..

when u accept a pinks race or challenge someone to pinks race and lose its not scamming. only scamming if the person says he/she is gonna give u the car yet doesn't foul and actually races
  • Options
    GlipsGlips Registered Users 608 Posts
    I find it annoying sometimes but believe in the saying "run with what you've brung". I never pink an evo unless I'm in an evo. Their torque and weight are too hard to follow. I had a guy last night in whatever lobby a stock rx8 puts you in, and he kept challenging me in his viper. I asked him to stop sending me challenges that were unfair. He laughed at the fact. So I switched over to my viper, joined his lobby and flooded him with challenges, and long story short, I made out with 10k and his viper. There are ways to pay the "a$$wholes" of the game back. A good determination is their "street cred" and what car they are in. And if all else fails, add them, and look at their cars.
  • Options
    SmokiN YaaSmokiN Yaa Registered Users 152 Posts
    Since the lobbys have ratings then to prevent ppl from joining rooms thru a friend the lobby should only allow cars that are in the lobby rating. That would prevent ppl from sandbagging and make the whole lobby equal that way new players will have less of a chance to get scammed. Just my .02
  • Options
    beanskibeanski Registered Users 61 Posts
    . Learn torque stats in comparison to race times... not that hard
  • Options
    Hooked1Hooked1 Registered Users 156 Posts
    U can always look at their garage and see the Tq and weight of it and judge about where it is to being maxed. Unless they have a lot of the same car
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    How about only being able to race people in your friends list if you use the join a friend option. This way people can still sell and trade cars but the new people don't get cleaned out by bottom feeders. Just have the opponent is busy pop up if you didn't hit race to get in that lobby.
  • Options
    Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
    This will not work for the benefit of the game. It defeats the purpose by showing your opponents car rating. If we all saw each other ratings, then we would have way less races. Ppl with lower ratings will always end up getting challenged by higher rated cars. That's like me telling my opponent what I run in a 1/4 mile even before the race started...then what would be the point of racing at all!? I go by that rule never underestimate anyone, as you never know what's under the hood. Always assume every car is maxed
  • Options
    beanskibeanski Registered Users 61 Posts
    It's not scamming.. just stop being stupid
  • Options
    thenevadanstigthenevadanstig Registered Users 18 Posts
    Scamming? I fail to see how this is scamming. I guess this is just another part of the refuse to take personal responsibility our society is coming to. Don't blame the game or developers for your poor decisions. No one forced you to accept a challenge at any part in the game. Guess what, when I go racing in real life, you don't get to see what I'm packing either. The betting, the strategy, the mystery is what MAKES the entire game. Take all that away, and all you have is any other drag game like the 20 others already out there.
  • Options
    xB0MB3RAC3xxB0MB3RAC3x Registered Users 316 Posts
    If we can see the other persons rating then wont that defeat the meaning of the game cos ppl will know ruffly how fast you are... the game is about racing you win some you lose some its just how racing works
  • Options
    Zephyr-APZephyr-AP Registered Users 447 Posts
    I only pink against cars that are current class or below me, and usually only pink maxed cars... If you aren't sure just check their torque and weight.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    ok. heres is how i see it.. and yes I'm a noob. why not make it so a lower car could join a friend in a higher lobby but a friend couldn't join a friend in a lower lobby???? that would still make trades and sales doable but would stop the 7 sec car showing up in the 9-10sec lobbies.....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi