Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

turf top teams need to be paid 10x more gems at least

therealdoodletherealdoodle Registered Users 65 Posts
We need a get a petition started so CIE can see that we spend way too much money on gems during turf to be rewarded a measly 250 gems for placing first. I personally used over 2000 gems in the last turf and we finished 33rd, I hope everyone will chime in and say something so that we can get the gem rewards for the top 100 teams increased tenfold.
Come on everybody speak up!

Comments

• k1ngs94k1ngs94 Registered Users 150 Posts
    I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
  • CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    If you do not like the game, no need to play and complain about it. If you don't have what it takes to be in a top team and not having to drop large amounts of gems all the time. Why do it ? Everyone has their hand out for something. Also if you are using 2000 gems and coming in 33rd you are doing something wrong
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I've done 40k in top 5 teams without gems... It just requires u to play the game like 8-10hrs a day.
  • shafin364shafin364 Registered Users 629 Posts
    I agree with this guy ... BUT NOT to increase the gems amount by ten fold.
    I would suggest CIE to increase the amount of gems by 2.5 times because I dont think a team who comes 26th will be happy with just 75 gems.
  • TiffxnyTiffxny Registered Users 1,330 Posts
    I agree, a bit more would make sense, and as far as the player mods response, seriously a little rude.
  • therealdoodletherealdoodle Registered Users 65 Posts
    This wasn't meant to turn into a negative topic, but crxboi did a great job of doing that, all I was saying is that I think that people who spend 8-10 hours a day on this game should getnanlittle more gems. You could have had a professional response and said something like were looking into this, and it probably would have been left at that.
  • joedawnnjoedawnn Registered Users 1,216 Posts
    I understand your frustration but I can agree. I only used 70 gems last turf, and only played TWO of the events, team ended up 32nd and I had 25k points just from TWO days. Something wrong here. Most of our team didnt even use gems lol
  • VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    It is a great idea .. But 2k gems reward is beyond the limite .. UR asking CiE to reward U almost $50 US dollar for wining turf .. (250gems = $50 US) that will never happened coz by that Top Teams will never buy gems .. Lower Teams will stop buying gems coz they will never have a chance .. So that is
  • shafin364shafin364 Registered Users 629 Posts
    I think the prizes should be like this :

1st Place ---- 350 gems + Cars + Wrap + Rims

2nd - 5th----
    250 gems +Cars + Wrap + Rims

06 - 25
    150 gems +Cars + Wrap

26 - 100
    125 gems + Cars + Wrap / Without Wrap

101 - 625
    75 gems

626 - 2000 ---- 35 gems

2001 - 3000 --- 20,000 RR Cash
  • FURTHEWINFURTHEWIN Registered Users 284 Posts
    I wish the sub 2,000 positions came with gems and cash.
  • protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    No need to buy 2000 gems for turf wars you need a financial class if that's what you're spending your money on
  • FURTHEWINFURTHEWIN Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm not going to tell you how to play the game of spend your money, I would like you to consider it this way, you spent over 2,000 gems and in return you received some more gems and a R Class car. I'm not trying to start something but you're coming off kinda bratty. No offense just my 2¢.
    FURTHEWIN wrote: »
    I'm not going to tell you how to play the game of spend your money, I would like you to consider it this way, you spent over 2,000 gems and in return you received some more gems and a R Class car. I'm not trying to start something but you're coming off kinda bratty. No offense just my 2¢.
    Well why do you think you should be rewarded the amount you spent? Choice runs a good game that's free and I haven't spent a cent yet. If you want your entire life to revolve around purchasing cash and gems for a game that doesn't even get many good reviews on google play that's you're problem. Congrats on doing well in turd but if you were like me you would actually see that turf wars is to much for them to attempt to maintain and racing live outside of turf had less pressures and is the best way to play in the forest place.
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Basically guys. If you want turf cars your gunna pay the piper. I been push hard to get players to understand. Points are points. Doesn't matter how you cut it. One player can sit in a turf lobbie for pinks. Waiting maybe 15 to 30 mins to maybe crush a car for 200 to 500 points. An average drive with multiple cars can free race about 3 to 4 cars in 15 to 30 min gaining more points in that single pinks race that he may or may not win. If everyone was to just race for turf points. The same top teams would still be on top but everyone would gain more in turf prizes without losing anything but rrc for car repairs if anything.
    When you guys are running cash and pinks that's where the problem begins because I won multiple cash races with my m3 only to lose the bet anyway. so from now in I'm running no bets
  • therealdoodletherealdoodle Registered Users 65 Posts
    First of all I think this topic took a twist for the wrong turn, my 2000 gems may have been a bit generous, but when you are building an r class car, every upgrade takes 25 gems to complete, building is where i spend most of my gems, but in a turf wars "s class" the repairs are going to cost around 25 every 7-8 races, and if I do "being generous maybe" 200 races /7 that's appx 30 repairs at 25 gems, which multiplies to be 750 gems.

note that I said I spend most of my gems building cars cause I don't wait. And please excuse my typing because I'm typing on a tablet and that makes me tardy sometimes,

the reason for ths post was not to get people tt tell me how to spend my money, because those who did most likely don't have the money to spend, and I'm not degrading them one bit. I also think that the resposes from the mods/devs some not great but lutzburd did make a great point, you cant give me back all the money I just spent, but a slight increase for top teams who do spend big moneytocompete would be nice. Anda stairstep which I already menioned and have heard is being worked on.

Cheers!
  • warningxwarningx Registered Users 400 Posts
    Hold on, let me grab some more popcorn :)
    Lol doodle what I meant was it showed I had won but I never got the bet. Not fighting you, never was. I know I'm right. Now I agree the rewards should be better but this isn't my game and I have no say.
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    2000 gems wtf, I spend $10 bux maybe $20 if there is an R class event and I insant repair...... I still get 40k per turf, 1 you don't free race with gems, you gotta suck it up and put that slip on the line
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    I have no idea how u went through 2000 gems in a turf. I was on top 25 teams and didnt even use that much. I only bought the 19.99 package 970 gems a week. Some times i would only use 300-500 gems if that. U either have to learn how to play or get on a top 25 team if ur using that many gems.