Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Offer? Offer? Offer offer offer? (Calling y'all out.)

ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
I'm tired of having to 'make an offer' for everything. Why don't the so called 'legit sellers' have a price on their for sale threads for their cars? Is it because YOU'RE HOPING THE BUYER OFFERS MORE THAN WHAT IT'S WORTH SO YOU CAN RIP THEM OFF? Why are you making it harder for your buyer to get your car?

It can't be because 'you don't know what the car is worth.' Because if you didn't, when someone offers you something low (not outrageously low, you get the idea,) you wouldn't turn them down and tell them something higher. Like, wtf is the point in me making an offer if you already know what you want for the car, other than hoping I am stupid/ignorant and trying to rip me off?

If you're truly a legit seller, and trying to do honest business, you should have a price in your thread. We have all been buying and trading and selling a lot, we have all built a lot of cars, we should all know what our cars are worth. There should be a rule in the marketplace that a price has to be LISTED on each for sale thread.

Stop trying to get the very most out of everybody and rip them off.

Comments

• TeeEnnTeeTeeEnnTee Registered Users 607 Posts
    Well said shin
  • uneekstructureuneekstructure Registered Users 572 Posts
    I could not have wrote it better myself. 100% agree with you... This is so True
  • LegendMaskLegendMask Registered Users 406 Posts
    Will i have been posting in forums with prices, and im not getting one single deal in the past few days... The only deals i got the past few days were through in-game chat.... So i dont know is it me or my prices are way off, which i doubt its the last one.
  • ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Well I do remember you telling me a maxeed Huayra was worth a maxed gem body R34. ^_^;; just saying.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I agree with having prices in the thread also. It'll save the time of going back and forth and adding someone just for them to say your offer is to low. It's really annoying.
    Check this out; dude was selling an R35 GTR (the cash one,) he asks if I'm interested, I ask price. He says idk offer. I go ok it wouldn't be for me; i'd ask my teammates, what's the price? He says tell them to offer. -_- I say NVM, he says OK. I don't understand why he just couldn't give me a price lmao.
  • 808 CHAMP808 CHAMP Registered Users 307 Posts
    Bump...... Top da ☝️
  • VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    That what I used to say
    Super bump from HELL.
  • warningxwarningx Registered Users 400 Posts
    Hey, I always give pricing and negotiate ;) And I am kind of new, I'm only a month in. Gosh!
  • Eddy 2013Eddy 2013 Registered Users 296 Posts
    It will be a great idea to post price when selling it make easy for buyer to decide whether to buy right now is very hard to trade any car with all issue game is having
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    Couldn't agree more Shin and perfectly stated. It's obvious that people are just hoping that some noob or someone that doesn't know what a certain car is worth will come into their thread and make them an offer more than what the car is worth. This is without a doubt one of my biggest pet peeves dealing with people on this forum when trying to buy a car. I am looking for another M3 for turf and I went into a thread of someone selling one. I asked how much he wants for it. His response . . . "It clearly states make an offer." LOL F that, I'll find someone else to do business with.
  • FoxyfoxFoxyfox Registered Users 42 Posts
    Hex what if you're new to the game and bought the cars in a bulk, how the f will you know about the prices?
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    wat are you like 12 OP?

• fLiPpiNfiDdYsfLiPpiNfiDdYs Registered Users 109 Posts
    My question is... Who figures what cars are worth
    Great question. The market determines what cars are worth. 'It's worth what people will pay.' So if a lot of people are paying 7m for a NISMO, that's the going rate for it. When people stop paying those prices, the price HAS to go down or it will never sell.
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    OP doesn't understand supply and demand. Get off RR and learn some basic real world economics homie.

• RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    Yeah, if a person isn't smart enough to research how much and item is with, that's is their fault. Buyer beware, seller beware.
  • OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Like shinbeats said, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay.
  • The Red ViperThe Red Viper Registered Users 150 Posts
    I'm guilty of selling cars and asking for offers instead of listing a price, but I've been playing for about a month now so I'm still learning what the values are of cars and try to look into what people are willing to pay. I'm trying to get a foothold in the game, making a few sales of cars I've worked on so that I can have a steady amount of money I can turn around and use for two or three cars I'll actually race with, and in turn use those to make more money and lead into more sales from tuning cars with the profits.

Currently, if I can sell my 2002 Skyline I'll have made my first million in this game my first month, and to me that's exciting. It just gets tricky finding buyers sometimes. If I know a car's value, I'll list my asking price, but if I'm unsure I'll be more comfortable asking for an offer so that I can negotiate a price. Even in my asking prices, I'm usually open to a little sway.

Learning as I go, you know? But people who've been on here and have been playing for a good while longer, I can see how that can get annoying.