Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turf Slaves!

ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
Lol, shout out to the Turf Slaves getting it in this turf war, making that top 25! Y’all are just awesome! You’re probably wondering why I’m using the term Turf Slaves. Let me tell you, this turf war thing is just a little crazy. There are people out here who crush cars that are worth (if you buy from CIE,) in excess of $50! And they crush more than one of them too!

I used to be one of those guys, “Look at me! Look how badass I am, I just crushed that ZR1 for some turf points, mwahahah!”

But...look at the market, people. And the thing is the market has ALWAYS been like this. In today’s market, with money as tight as it is, you can buy just about ANY turf car (wrapped or not,) for 5mil or less! So you’re out here crushing NISMOs and ZR1s. NISMO’s themselves are worth at least 3-4m. Why are you spending $50 per turf on gems, and crushing these very valuable cars, when you can win 5-8 1 mil/pinks races, and just buy the car outright from somebody.

I can buy any turf car I want, wrapped or not, and I won’t have to put in nearly as much $$$ as top 25 teams. I just need to win those 5-8 races.

So when you put things in perspective, is it worth it? Is it worth putting in $50 a week? Is it worth crushing NISMOs, Ramis, and Furais, Skyline, ZR1, etc.? Is it worth taking the risk of dealing with a cutthroat top turf team, when you can just win 5-8 races and get the same results?

Comments

• Options
    I mean sure you won't get the damage bonus or the wheels, but let's be honest, you're not turfing for that. You're turfing for the car.
  • Options
    gypsyshowdowngypsyshowdown Registered Users 344 Posts
    Lol, I wouldn't even crush a vw jetta:).. Never crush your car's..keep the market going and the cars circulating:)
  • Options
    Zephyr-APZephyr-AP Registered Users 447 Posts
    Crushing $50 Dollar cars for a tank that barely fits on your screen... ShinBeats is right on 100% this one
  • Options
    lrothgeb9295lrothgeb9295 Registered Users 67 Posts
    Can you get me on a page where they are selling mils 5 and under bc racing rivals asains goin for 10 lmao and selling turf cars for 30 40 dollars lmao.. shot is outrageousss
  • Options
    MARAUDER1994MARAUDER1994 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I start with a said number of cars and depending on how much I want to race I crush a few cars and then chill. I keep all a class up with the exception of a few z4 or ford gtr simply because they have polluted the game lol I stopped being a slave a while ago. Simply 20k a week on a top 100 team is plenty for me. Always a pleasure racing with you shinbeats
  • Options
    $5 mils are gone, man. Money's dried up.

Marauder pleasure racing with you too, man. I agree top 100 team is the way to go. I can survive off of usually spending less than 200 gems per turf and get top 200.
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    i basically stop turfing now. you got people who wants to do top 25 and they cant paint their car. i would rather be in a top 100 team and do what i want with the car. i havent bought gems in a long time.
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    I just buy the turf cars i want for cheap as i can get them lol. Idk why people spend so much money on gems.
  • Options
    nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    There is some satisfaction achieving it but I couldn't agree more. Cushing is not worth it. Also can pretty easily translate a few pink wins into buying that wrapped or unwrapped version
  • Options
    There is some satisfaction in having your team own that 'turf,' but is it worth burning through hundreds of dollars worth of cars and gems?
    One of the Reborn Legends guys said they wanted to crush a wrapped.car. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    Lol! That's funny. I can't imagine it. Even during a d class I wouldn't smash a civic! Then again I can see if someone is in a top producing group and having to raise x points
  • Options
    dimi937dimi937 Registered Users 590 Posts
    What is this crushing and smashing about? I dont run turf. I am on an elite team of one racer. Me. Lol!
  • Options
    If you win a pinks race in turf, you can trade the car for extra turf points.
  • Options
    McshiftmasterMcshiftmaster Registered Users 158 Posts
    I only crush cash cars gem cars I keep but your right about top 100 my team gets below 50th easily and I may crush 1-2 cars I definitely wouldn't spend a lot on gems
  • Options
    ...So you burn $50 worth of cars to see a funny face?
    UR 2 KOOL 4 SKOOL!! :D
  • Options
    FURTHEWINFURTHEWIN Registered Users 284 Posts
    Why are people putting $50 cars on the line anyway?
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    No need to pink cars. Points are points. ;-)