Options

Need Some Guidance on Progression...

UsurperUsurper Registered Users 16 Posts
So I have a Monk level 28 with a GS of 1757. I have a Mage level 24 with a GS of 964. I have run The cyclops countless times on both for what seems like low level epic gear. On the Monk I have maxed all gear. On the Mage I am almost to the second evolve on all the gear.

With the Monk I'm stuck at hell boy and haven't been able to get close yet to killing him. With the Mage I'm stuck on Nian as I can't kill him fast enough before he starts raging and eventually killing me.

With the Monk, do I need to keep farming Nian now like I did with cyclops to progress? And hope to get higher level epic drops? Currently it doesn't seem like I'm putting a dent into hellboy right now.

With the Mage and Nian, I guess I just have to get better with the Mage, dunno. I have all epic gear so I don't know that I can get any better from cyclops.

A little guidance from those who have been there done that and are off farming hell boy now, would greatly be appreciated! The lack of progression and countless fails at this point is starting to get frustrating lol!

Comments

• Options
    TharassinTharassin Registered Users 23 Posts
    First time i killed hellboy he took me 7 mins or so. All i can really say, which im sure u already know, is to keep trying, learn his body language well, and keep circling around till u have him down.
  • Options
    Ya thanks Tharassin. I've been tackling both with both characters and am getting closer the more I do it. It'll take time but eventually I'll get all the timing down.

The gear issue I'm not sure about. All the epic drops and even the couple legendary drops I've gotten don't seem to scale with level and progression area. Most everything is at level 15 or so and below. I did find a blue that was lv 26 which I'm using but I think it ,sy have been by using the offering thing.

I really don't want to put that much money into the game in that manner. I don't mind spending money on apps, it's just another form of entertainment as far as I'm concerned. But too much money for just a chance at something decent.
  • Options
    TharassinTharassin Registered Users 23 Posts
    Ya it is a problem not getting a good weapon. And once u do get one and its upgraded everything seems easy. ;) best of luck and have fun!
  • Options
    dclavejodclavejo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hey I was wondering where you guys did most of your grinding to get legendary/epic gear or weapons?
  • Options
    Speaking for myself, I did my grinding at the cyclops. After doing it so many time I got a full set of epic resolve gear and weapon. I probably got and sold 4 or more full sets of the stuff thus far. So it definitely drops enough for you to get a set. I did get two legendary items, helm and ring.

The problem is I haven't found any higher level gear, especially a weapon. Most of the stuff is like lv 9-12 or 15. I think the weapon is most important and significant. The trouble I am having is my Dmg is lacking so my fights are going to be long which doesn't allow for many mistakes.

I just started grinding Nian but he has only been dropping junk. He definitely doesn't seem to drop epics like cyclops did.
  • Options
    dclavejodclavejo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Usurper wrote: »
    Speaking for myself, I did my grinding at the cyclops. After doing it so many time I got a full set of epic resolve gear and weapon. I probably got and sold 4 or more full sets of the stuff thus far. So it definitely drops enough for you to get a set. I did get two legendary items, helm and ring.

The problem is I haven't found any higher level gear, especially a weapon. Most of the stuff is like lv 9-12 or 15. I think the weapon is most important and significant. The trouble I am having is my Dmg is lacking so my fights are going to be long which doesn't allow for many mistakes.

I just started grinding Nian but he has only been dropping junk. He definitely doesn't seem to drop epics like cyclops did.

OK thanks I really appreciate your input! If I find another good grinding spot with higher equip lvls I'll let you know.
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    Usurper wrote: »

Atleast I know it is not only a problem with me.. Nian drop totally sucks compared to cyclops. Mostly I get white items NOT even a GREEN.. Hello.....!!!
  • Options
    Grave734Grave734 Registered Users 26 Posts
    This might be obvious, but are you using gear with IIF (increase item find) attribute? It helps you get better gear. There is a lot of grinding in this game and there is no avoiding that, but I usually get an epic or a gold weapon from one of the main bosses after a few hours of grinding.

I usually grind one of the main bosses until I get a good enough gear from him to progress to the other one. Yesterday I got a gold weapon drop from legendary cyclops which after leveling up was enough to take me straight to legendary nian. Then I got a gold weapon drop from nian after like 3 hours of grind.

They actually dropped a lot of lowere level gold and epic weapons that I had to sell, before I got the higher level one. You can usually judge it by reagents it uses for upgrades. If its higher than what the current main boss drops, than it should be good for the next area.

Read the Primer thread from ChrisTot in the support section if you need tips about the gear to use. You want to focus on resolve armor and butcher (the strongest but no IFF bonus), raider or predator weapons.
  • Options
    Thanks Grave. I am actually wearing IIF gear. I think what I'm at right now is around 60-65%.

This game is definitely a grind! Reminds me of the old days of Everquest lol, that game originally was the worst grind ever for levels.

Anyway, I went back to Nian to try him out again and actually got a good legendary ring for level 30. He's been dropping mostly low level junk so I guess as you've shared with your experience, it just takes hours and hours and a lot of luck to get to the good drops.

I finally beat normal mode the other day. It takes me 3-4 minutes to kill him though. Do you suggest sticking with Nian for more drops vs. struggling with hellboy? Because unfortunately I don't have a 100% success rate yet with hellboy.

And I can't wear all my IIF gear with hellboy either.
  • Options
    Grave734Grave734 Registered Users 26 Posts
    If you beat hellsboy already I'm not sure if I'd go back to farm nian. If hellsboy is too strong to farm yet, I think I was farming the 3-4 stages after hellsboy, which are actually easier than hellboy. Alternatively try farming the stages between nian and hellsboy to get a better weapon to be able to farmin him effectively.