Options

not for noobs

metalforcemetalforce Registered Users 3 Posts
Well, I just registered on forums so dev's know why I uninstalled game just now.
I'm not the best at rpg's, but I'm definatly not the worst either. But I simply can't beat the cyclops, which is the first boss!!
Got to lvl 17, GS 380, grinded for days to get my gs up, but alas! He still defeats me. No matter how I dodge, he always manages to hit me at least twice, and it kills me everytime.
So basically, you've created a game where any "noob" can't get into your game. Its just too hard to get past that first boss for some of us. And all anyone ever says when you ask for help is "its easy, I did it" or they tell you how they can kill him in 20 secs or under. Which of course, doesn't help me, the player asking for help, at all.
Sorry to say goodbye to my guildies, but I simply can't progress in this game. Its not for noobs

Comments

• Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    ahahha metalforce.. Everyone enountered the same difficulty first.. Its just matter of little more patience and dedication.. Common that is why its a game... right.. Dont be a quitter will ya??
    By the way if you can't beat him at 380 GS .. why not try to up your GS even higher and try? Another tip is to learn his moves.. You should completely memorize it after several attempts on him.. :)
  • Options
    metalforcemetalforce Registered Users 3 Posts
    I memorized his attacks, but his little fire attack or whatever when he slams the ground and shoots the attack across the screen at you, that's what kills me. And don't let me get you wrong, I love a hard boss fight, but not the first one! I farmed for 3 days to get recomended GS of 380, then repeatedly got my butt kicked. Its just too frustrating for a first boss, and I'm sure others are harder!
    Its simply too big of a hump too early in the game. I'm sure I'm not the first person to stop playing because of it, and Im simply trying to let dev's know on forums why they don't have more players. Because a lot of ppl, us noobs, can't beat him.
  • Options
    KuranzaKuranza Registered Users 28 Posts
    you gotta learn his habits and attacks, just parry or dodge, don't just mindlessly mash your attack button which is probably why you're getting hit so much....
  • Options
    SpouterSpouter Registered Users 8 Posts
    ;o)) This is normal GLU game. Its hard? No problem. Buy gems, purchease beter equip and boss is easy.
    Hard difficult is NOT because hard game, or fun, its only the press people to buy gems.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    metalforce wrote: »
    Well, I just registered on forums so dev's know why I uninstalled game just now.
    ...Its not for noobs

I havnt read the other replies, but I had the same problem (playing the monk which is harder than the warrior I found out eventually). I found I had to grind up two levels which I did and managed to beat him.

But my point is that the game gets progressively harder. That is because the game is designed to make people want to purchase gems with real money. Most likely every player in the top 500 has purchased gems.

But it is playable without purchasing, just more frustrating as you cant progress in game or get mage ect.
  • Options
    OnikiruOnikiru Registered Users 16 Posts
    Exactly this. ^^^^ All about the $$$

And as a monk, believe me I know the frustration of Cyclops. Patience is what perseveres. Not sure if you're a monk or warrior, but in essence learning his moves and doing a lot of dodging, running around and (if you're a warrior) parrying is the trick. I don't remember my GS when I beat him but I know I did take time to get a little higher than the suggested 380.

Best of luck, in or out of game.
  • Options
    CharlikasCharlikas Registered Users 2 Posts
    No point in GS if your GS is all from ARMOR, GS sucks, all depends on weapon, thats all.
  • Options
    AviiciiFanAviiciiFan Registered Users 8 Posts
    If you want an easy way to defeat the Cyclops, its about mesmerizing his attacks and staying far away. I did this method, fastest time for me is 1:02. All you have to do is hit him as many times as you can(I average about 4-5 hits) before he hit. And as soon as he does a move I press the dodge button thru him so I end up behind him and run around until he stops for a bit and I run back into him and start attacking again. After repeating this numerous of times I accumulate all 3 crystal orbs that float around and wait till he gets dizzy and stays still and then use Rage of V ( I have a monk so might be different upon warrior or mage) and repeatedly press the button, and as soon as I am done with the attack of Rage, I'm sure more than half his health is gone since my critical dmg was at 75%, now its at 83% lol. And from there I repeat the same method, Attack till he starts, dodge. Receive 3 crystal orbs, attack till he becomes knocked out or dizzy how ever you wanna put it and once again press Rage of V.
    Hopefully this helps you out in some way shape or form xD.
    Sorry to see you go :( hope u return after reading this.
    Character: IPaganI
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    But my point is that the game gets progressively harder. That is because the game is designed to make people want to purchase gems with real money. Most likely every player in the top 500 has purchased gems.

Hardest period: Normal hellboy ~ legendary cyclops
    Easiest period: Legendary nian ~ endgame.

Remember the saying, if you beat the game with monk, you'll beat the game with warrior and mage. To play monk, you need to know all your enemies' moves. Dodge and strike with good timing. This is essential when fighting nian, catkin, wolfman, and bearman which are probably the hardest monsters in game.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts

Remember the saying, if you beat the game with monk, you'll beat the game with warrior and mage. To play monk, you need to know all your enemies' moves. Dodge and strike with good timing. This is essential when fighting nian, catkin, wolfman, and bearman which are probably the hardest monsters in game.

No way, hardest part for me was beating normal hellboy. Took me four days to learn his moves and beat him at 1900gs
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    PomariusPomarius Registered Users 19 Posts
    True true normal hellboy is the hardest Part;(

But metelforce tryn out the warrior with ihm its was easyer.