Options

Mage Information

JesopJesop Registered Users 21 Posts
What I am trying to ask is what is best gear for mage.

I found what is kind of a beginners guide. From reading through it I found some useful info. This is what I gathered for mage. I base this off of Critical chance, Critical damage, and Increased item find seem to be best for mage.

Weapon---Butcher
Armor---Resolve
Talisman & Ring---Vulture

I hope that this info is correct. Please let me know so that myself and others that read this aren't waisting time upgrading weapons and armor that are useless.

Comments

• Options
    UtopiaUtopia Registered Users 32 Posts
    Should be the correct list.
    I suggest check this thread if u need more info:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?66193-Eternity-Warriors-3-Primer
    No fail. No cry. NoMercy.
  • Options
    That's where I pulled it from was just hoping I made correct choices. It didn't seem to go into alot of detail so thought this would make it easier.
  • Options
    UtopiaUtopia Registered Users 32 Posts
    Yeah, sorry i couldn't help u a lot. I've just started the Mage, so i'm not an expert.
    I'm not sure about, but i guess at highest levels in legendary mode bosses you can drop special weapons, but the rate will be very very very low.
    For the ring and neck, if i remember correctly the best choices are Vulture and Berserk.
    For the armor i'm sure it's correct Resolve.
    No fail. No cry. NoMercy.
  • Options
    I just unlocked last night. I am liking it so far. Farming Cyclops atm. Figured I would try and find what gear to evolve and what I can get rid of. No sense waisting time.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    At the beginning the IIF doesn't really matter. 10% IIF may change things a tiny bit, but 3% or something pretty much does nothing. At the beginning berserk might be a big better since you can spam eruption a bit more. At higher levels it doesn't matter because you'll get tons of energy for using auto attack.
  • Options
    I am starting to notice. My luck with mage is terrible compared to warrior. I would get good drops all the time on my warrior from Cyclops now I get just about nothing. Even with IIF gear. :(
  • Options
    RelentlessRelentless Registered Users 28 Posts
    Jesop wrote: »
    I am starting to notice. My luck with mage is terrible compared to warrior. I would get good drops all the time on my warrior from Cyclops now I get just about nothing. Even with IIF gear. :(
    Can you give me some tips on where to grind? I am at the level right before hall of divine and i cannot beat it no matter how many times i parry etc. but the level before is easy for me. Should i grind there or somewhere else? Also where should i grind after I beat nian?
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Well I just killed Cyclops with my mage for the first time and it was so much easier than the monk.

I think bosses will be very easy cause you can freeze them and hit them many times before they do a special move.
  • Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Try this method. Blast Netherborn with the laser the second the game starts. He should lose at least 30% of his health. If not you are in deep trouble. Then use eruption to further weaken him while he is stunned and tap repeatedly on your wand attack to boost up your energy (hope you have bought that passive skill). Use either the eruption or electrical orb to attack and boost energy. If you are about to be attacked or he has come too near teleport backwards by tapping on the freeze button. This is achieved by not touching the direction button, only the freeze button. Immediately tap repeatedly on the wand attack button to regain energy, or use potion energy. Try not to run around or move too much or you get killed easily. Just get your timing right. The key to the Mage's strength is the skills you can buy with coins when you reach certain levels and boy do you need coins. Yes millions!

Fighting with the Mage is about the same for all three bosses, Cyclops, Nian and Champion of Netherborn. Laser first, then blast with either Electric Orb or Eruption. Attack first first and keep on throwing everything at your enemy and dont allow yourself to be attacked. Dont move unneccessarily in fact just dont move. If you have to move use the ice icon to teleport forwards or backwards. Teleporting backwards is easier as you dont have to do anything except to tap the ice icon and NOTHING else, but see that you have room to jump backwards. Tap repeatedly on your wand icon in between moves to regain energy.

Earn as many coins as possible to purchase skills which you can do when you reach certain levels. I never spend a cent buying gems to upgrade my Mage's skills. But nobody can stop you from doing so.