Options

Strategy on best time to use tokens?

harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
Regarding the tokens for iron, silver and gold offerings, is there a good time to use them?

The items in offerings scale up with your level right...?

So I would guess they are wasted using them at level one...

My mage is level 18 now and I have a lot of tokens from the tournament.

So my question is, is anybody else holding off for a higher level before they claim tokens?

Comments

• Options
    UtopiaUtopia Registered Users 32 Posts
    I probably should... but i just used it all from the beginning :D
    No fail. No cry. NoMercy.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    Regarding the tokens for iron, silver and gold offerings, is there a good time to use them?

The items in offerings scale up with your level right...?

So I would guess they are wasted using them at level one...

My mage is level 18 now and I have a lot of tokens from the tournament.

So my question is, is anybody else holding off for a higher level before they claim tokens?
    Yes save your tokken till u reach lvl 26 half then lvl 36
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    Yes save your tokken till u reach lvl 26 half then lvl 36

that sounds like a good thing to do...! thx.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I'd use my tokens in two situations:

1) offering tournament
    2) when you are stuck at the third area in normal ~ first area in legendary (hardest period imo)

1) Well, don't need to explain
    2) After you are after to beat legendary cyclops, try to farm a lvl 31 gold weapon from him (I used the lvl 26 blue weapon I got from offering because I didn't want to spend more time farming at normal hellboy for a lvl 26 gold weapon). After you get the lvl 31 gold weapon to 2 star & shiny, you should be able to defeat everything up to nian easily (nian happened to be one of the easiest monsters I fought, while bearman/catkin/wolfman were the hardest). After that, farm for a lvl 36 gold weapon or move on. I farmed for a full transcended set and moved on since I had very bad luck with lvl 36 gold weapon and only got one with crit bonus. Then I defeated hellboy and managed to get a lvl 36 gold butcher.

Long story short, a lvl 31 maxed out gold weapon is good enough to beat the game. The gold lvl 31 I had only got crit damage bonus, so even the worst gold weapon could do.
  • Options
    ....Long story short, a lvl 31 maxed out gold weapon is good enough to beat the game. ....

Thanks.

One more thing, is there any time limit to the tokens in the mail? Is there a limit on how many tokens you can have..?
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    not sure how long til token reward expire but i once have over 200 tokens. used it all on offering tournament.
  • Options
    pelepala wrote: »
    not sure how long til token reward expire but i once have over 200 tokens. used it all on offering tournament.

Oh.. that's good to know. Tournaments are weekly events? What else is there besides VP and token tournaments?