Options

Hellboy / Normal Mode - Weapon Question.

TarulTarul Registered Users 5 Posts
Hello there,

i play the game since a while now and went through Cyclops and Nian rather smoothly but did run into a brick wall with bellboy now.

I am level 31 with a GS of 1890 - My weapon is a blue level 21 whatever of the butcher upgraded up to the point where it takes soul shards which i can`t obtain without killing bellboy.

Now there is following problem:

I never ever got a level 26 weapon through iron or silver offering until i was level 31 -> now i got a helmet and a weapon at once (both level 31 --> as this seems the current level step i get through offerings) but they do not help me at all as i can't upgrade them without demonshard thingies which i only get once i defeated bellboy. PARADOXON-Alert!

So what the ++++ am i supposed to do now? Do level 26 weapons drop of mobs at all? What could i farm to finally get a weapon good enough to kill the devil? I can't believe that i am supposed to wear him down with 55 damage white hits?

I would really really appreciate any help i can get - a small "Yes sure i got a level 26 blue/pink/yellow from a normal mob" or something like that would help (if it is true of course)

Thanks in advance and sorry for potential grammar/spelling errors - english is not my first language.

Tarul

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    the lvl 26 drops from hellboy, but not sure about the other normal bosses. I got a lvl 26 blue weapon from offering, spent about 5 minutes to kill hellboy when I was fighting it (with monk, it was a rough time). You will slowly recognize that hellboy's moves are all pretty similar, which makes him way easier than nian if you know the moves. And no, I've never had a lvl 26 weapon from in my entire Eternity Warrior 3 career, but then again I might just had been unlucky (except I was lucky in offering).

Conclusion: Get lvl 26 blue weapon from iron offering (butcher is preferred, if you have silver offering you can try to get a purple one too though it's hard), remember the boss's moves. You might want to spend a round observing the boss's moves and don't attack at all. See how well you can avoid the attacks.
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    the lvl 26 drops from hellboy, but not sure about the other normal bosses. I got a lvl 26 blue weapon from offering, spent about 5 minutes to kill hellboy when I was fighting it (with monk, it was a rough time). You will slowly recognize that hellboy's moves are all pretty similar, which makes him way easier than nian if you know the moves. And no, I've never had a lvl 26 weapon from in my entire Eternity Warrior 3 career, but then again I might just had been unlucky (except I was lucky in offering).

Conclusion: Get lvl 26 blue weapon from iron offering (butcher is preferred, if you have silver offering you can try to get a purple one too though it's hard), remember the boss's moves. You might want to spend a round observing the boss's moves and don't attack at all. See how well you can avoid the attacks.

I just got lvl 15 gold weapon off Nian called "Claw of the night badger" . Is this weapon good enough to kill hellboy in normal mode? Obviously i will have to maxed out the stats by fusing... right??
  • Options

Thanks a lot for your very detailed Post - i did consider your suggestions and went on against Hellboy with my Level 21 Claws always taking care of his attacks and avoiding most of them. The fight took me 16min34s but in the end he bit the dust. Yay me ;)

Afterwards i had to farm the early elite levels and finally got a blue weapon. Now i think i can go on with the game.

SO - thanks a lot, it real,y did help me.
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    hi guys
    Monk Lv40 2890gs i still trying hard time farming in deep forest and up level armour before restart my journey to the west every stage causing me lot of 3400gs minimum require to passed in this two gs you can see my existing cant beat the stronger boss like 3600gs or above so i've to fight with low level 2600gs easier kill them and get item for future purpose only this slow motion we can move on very stable never been kill them these beast
    ok here tips for you guys
    best place hunting epic weapon in Cyclops, Nian or Hellboy only this three places are superb weapon in blue, purple & gold weapon depending on where your mode normal legendary.
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    s4df4ce wrote: »
    I just got lvl 15 gold weapon off Nian called "Claw of the night badger" . Is this weapon good enough to kill hellboy in normal mode? Obviously i will have to maxed out the stats by fusing... right??

Btw I got to try hellboy with above mentioned weapon. And I was only able to hit him 50 ..so I found the answer myself.. It is not enough..!!!!
  • Options
    s4df4ce wrote: »
    Btw I got to try hellboy with above mentioned weapon. And I was only able to hit him 50 ..so I found the answer myself.. It is not enough..!!!!

My white hits been 55 in the try i posted about a few posts earlier. Well it is doable (16min34s is really really long however) - but i don't think i would do it again as it gave me no real advantages save the enormous gold gain in the early nightmare levels (quests give roughly 40k gold each).
  • Options
    DemonthiefDemonthief Registered Users 4 Posts
    Level 33 monk here with 1972 gs and was able to kill hell boy and beat all legendaries until ancient cavern because I only hit like 60-80 on normal attacks on the boss when the suggested gs is 1900. Wtf is up with that? I can't farm hell boy yet because it takes quite a few minutes to down him and I have a green weapon from the level 29 iron offerings before it switches over to the different ones at level 31 or so. Where can I find a better weapon or do I need to be a certain level for my attacks to match up with the bosses? If there is a suggested level for bosses what are they because obviously me hitting higher on hellboy on normal when the gs suggested is 2200 and then doing ancient caverns on legendary when the suggested gs is 300 less (1900) is just stupid so I'd like to know when I'd be able to beat ancient caverns
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    Demonthief wrote: »
    Level 33 monk here with 1972 gs and was able to kill hell boy and beat all legendaries until ancient cavern because I only hit like 60-80 on normal attacks on the boss when the suggested gs is 1900. Wtf is up with that? I can't farm hell boy yet because it takes quite a few minutes to down him and I have a green weapon from the level 29 iron offerings before it switches over to the different ones at level 31 or so. Where can I find a better weapon or do I need to be a certain level for my attacks to match up with the bosses? If there is a suggested level for bosses what are they because obviously me hitting higher on hellboy on normal when the gs suggested is 2200 and then doing ancient caverns on legendary when the suggested gs is 300 less (1900) is just stupid so I'd like to know when I'd be able to beat ancient caverns

Stacked up on CC and CD to offset your low att on monk. At your lvl you should able to get around 20-25% Critical chance and 300-350% critical damage. I beat cyclop on legendary with less than 2k gs take over 10mins first time then to 8mins with same gear. The weapon i used to beat him are purple butcher weapon from hellboy which you can also get from AC.

Just learn Great sword skully attack, the hammer skully is pretty straight forward.

My strategy for AC for monk. Have 3 critical orb stacked up when you enter the room. USe reg. attack on hammer skully, dodge or back away when he do his spinning attack. Wait for GreatSword skully to show up. Get them close together and use ROV on them both, take out hammer first. you can sperated them by running away to the other side of the map and have GSword following. watch out for his charging stab attack if you cant take them on the same time and run back to take hammer out after you lured Gsword away.

once you take out Hammer, Gsword is just a matter of waiting for free chance to attack and dodge. all his attack are 2 folds. once he swing he'll follow by anther sword swing so just wait til his done 2 swing before attacking. If you manage to knock him off his feet dont attack him when he on the floor because he'll do a rising swing when he getting back up. what i like to do after i knock him off his feet is to follow by fist of the seven star to connect while he in mid air then dodge.

Reason i dont use ROV that much is that is take too much mana and the damage is crap when you dont have a nice weapon. Rov can instantly kill most boss at 50% health with 3 orb but only if you have a strong weapon.
    so save the mana for dodge and use fist of the 7 star for quick boost of damage. you can dodge out of the animation anytime you want.

Now this strategy only useful if your GS is way lower then recommended.