Options

Mage vs. nian

JesopJesop Registered Users 21 Posts
Is there any kind of sure fire way to beat Nian? I am level 26 on mage. I have been trying to farm a new wep from stage before Nian. Is that the best place to farm? I tried from coins or whatever with No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Jesop wrote: »
    Is there any kind of sure fire way to beat Nian? I am level 26 on mage. I have been trying to farm a new wep from stage before Nian. Is that the best place to farm? I tried from coins or whatever with No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

The problem with playing Mage is that people tend to move around too much. The is the surest way to get yourself killed.
    When the game starts stay where you are and fire off your laser which should take off a big chunk of Nian's health at least 30%, followed by Eruption or Electric Orb and tap repeatedly on the wand button to boost up your energy. As far as possible dont give the boss a chance of attacking you. Use teleportation (ice button) to move forwards or backwards) backwards is easier cos you need to tap the ice button and do NOTHING else. On jumping forwards or backwards, immediately tap repeatedly on the wand button to boost energy as you attack. Then use Eruption or Orb. Never run.
    Run and die!
  • Options
    RelentlessRelentless Registered Users 28 Posts
    When I farmed for a weapon i did it 2 levels before nian (temple of whatever) I ended up getting a level 15 blue to 15/15 and was able to beat nian. (this was as a warrior)
  • Options
    JesopJesop Registered Users 21 Posts
    Awesome thanks y'all!
  • Options
    UsurperUsurper Registered Users 16 Posts
    Lauapik... Is the strategy you explain reliant upon having a purple or gold weapon to be successful?

I'm currently stuck at Nian with my mage is why I ask. I pretty much get two or three shot if I don't run. But of course as you pointed out, running isn't working out too well either lol!
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Play it like warrior.

1.Keep 0 distance from him.
    If u ever stay away from him, he will use invincible dash attack that also cause lighting.
    and it just the begining of the combo, also if his hp is lower than 50% when he do that, it gonna be hell. (but u still can run)

2.never attack, if your teleport is not ready
    if you attack reset his move and then he attack again when u cant teleport, u gonna die

I beat Nian in legendary mode with just half of suggest GS with that way.
  • Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Usurper wrote: »
    Lauapik... Is the strategy you explain reliant upon having a purple or gold weapon to be successful?

I'm currently stuck at Nian with my mage is why I ask. I pretty much get two or three shot if I don't run. But of course as you pointed out, running isn't working out too well either lol!

Try to level up your skill with coins especially your eruption and the passive skill of regaining your energy with your wand attacks. You can take two steps towards Nian and quickly blast Nian with the laser at start of game, let him stamp his feet twice and quickly blast him with either Orb or Eruption, jump backwards and tap rapidly on wand to get energy and blast with Eruption. Once you get the timing right, Nian will be lizard meat. Try not to let it attack you. Throw everything at it including the kitchen sink if you can. Ha ha.
  • Options
    UsurperUsurper Registered Users 16 Posts
    Throw everything at him AND the kitchen sink... Got it!

Thanks very very much lauapik and Voidblader! Appreciate the help!
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    One of the hardest things with the mage and Nian is the camera angel. Sometimes I might start with orb, then do laser, but the camera angel will change just before laser and I end up shooting 180 degrees the wrong way.

Also occasionally when he is near dead and if he is down the bottom I will try move him so Im able to loot...!
  • Options
    Rego001Rego001 Registered Users 38 Posts
    One of the hardest things with the mage and Nian is the camera angel. Sometimes I might start with orb, then do laser, but the camera angel will change just before laser and I end up shooting 180 degrees the wrong way.

Also occasionally when he is near dead and if he is down the bottom I will try move him so Im able to loot...!

The new camera completely sucks on both nian and champion. Jade forest blows worse because it get stuck on the environment and leaves you totally off screen