Options

so I'm just going to assume there is no character backup for android...

I want to insure that my progress is somehow backed up one way or the other, but so far I've seen no one respond a legitimate answer on how to backup your accounts on android.

I know iOS had some sort of backup cloud system but it wasn't intuitive. Can I get a real answer or am I just waiting for more disappointment?

Comments

• Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Good question. I don't know but every device and Operating System does have access to cloud services. I would guess uploading the game to some sort of cloud service.

Does anybody know for sure though with verification?
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    There is a back up and reset option on my phone but I'm obviously not going to use it if not necessary. It says saves and backs up application data and data from phone to the Google servers. But then that only limits you to the current device you're playing on (assuming it works on the first place).

If glu is going to leach us for money, at least use some of it to maintain a backup server system that's intuitive. Jeez.
  • Options
    KuranzaKuranza Registered Users 28 Posts
    The saves are stored on the server, and are probably unique to each phone so on android, there really is no changing to a different phone, yet. I believe iPhone users have that option though.
  • Options
    I just know that cross device backup has been implemented on several different games I've used, and I still don't know why Glu hasn't followed despite having top of the line games comparable to Gameloft.
  • Options
    At the very least there is some hope that my progress is saved on my current S4 so as long as I don't screw this phone up I'm fine.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    ... my current S4 ....

If you ever get the chance to play it on a 10.1 galaxy tab, you'll be amazed at the difference (the screen size)
  • Options
    That would be cool. This game has great visuals but I'm not an original fan of Glu due to their pay to win mentality. I'm giving a chance at this game since this appears to be one of the few games that you still can win and have fun with.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    While your data is saved server side, there is currently no way to reclaim your account if you delete the game/switch accounts. We are working on a solution to this problem, but it is taking longer to implement than expected.
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    While your data is saved server side, there is currently no way to reclaim your account if you delete the game/switch accounts. We are working on a solution to this problem, but it is taking longer to implement than expected.

What do you mean by accounts anyway. Is it our G+ email +our device secured Android ID? If that so, then why not removed the android id to identify our game data? It will be really awesome if we can transfer our saved data to other device. Thanks!
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    ron wrote: »
    What do you mean by accounts anyway. Is it our G+ email +our device secured Android ID? If that so, then why not removed the android id to identify our game data? It will be really awesome if we can transfer our saved data to other device. Thanks!

hey Ron when u begin play on iOS ? we are waiting for u man since then long time never did chat and talk about this game info hope see u in iOS our other old mate all in Ascension haha come on Ron iOS
  • Options
    MikesestMikesest Registered Users 10 Posts
    @glu mod
    Why cant u do eternity warriors 3 like u did with eternity warriors 1 for ios. Have it link to the game center. That way when a new ios system update comes out and we do it. We dont have to worry about something going wrong and losing our game data. Or make it so we can back it up to the cloud. Like eternity warriors 2. U implemented both those features with the game release. But on this one u didnt. Also can u fix the stupid. " connecting to server" error. Unable to connect retry? Im tired of it doing that to me. And it happens a lot. Im running a iphone 5 always on LTE connection, And at home im on a 30mb internet connectiom. So therefor this is not on my side because i also watch netflix as i play ew3. the only way i can get back to playing the game is to completly close it even in the backround and then reopening it. No other of my games do this. Please fix that. Thx.
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    I want to insure that my progress is somehow backed up one way or the other, but so far I've seen no one respond a legitimate answer on how to backup your accounts on android.

I know iOS had some sort of backup cloud system but it wasn't intuitive. Can I get a real answer or am I just waiting for more disappointment?

hey ThinIce
    you can backup to google cloud go to setting search for cloud storage and choose the EW3 backup to your google cloud that is what u need backup or restore
  • Options
    YnrohYnroh Registered Users 10 Posts
    My EW3 app just disappear when app store is updating, i re-installed it and hoping my progress save game data is back up from glu servers?!
  • Options
    YnrohYnroh Registered Users 10 Posts
    Moloch, my EW3 apo disapoear when app store is trying to update. Will my progress be saved if to your servers when i re-installed the app?