starting to get turned off

EchenEchen Registered Users 8 Posts
Ive been playing this game for about a week now and at first it seemed like an awsome game til I get to cyclops. Couldnt down him so I grind for 3 days. Not getting any better gear, still have the same crap lvl 1 sword. I got my gs up to 386 through fusion, reached lvl 16 and still couldnt down him. Gave in and bought 110 gems which I used to purchase 11 health potions. 3 deaths later I have no potions left and still havent downed him. I try to stay behind him as much as possible but he still manages to hit me and then stun me which he follows up with a nice blast of fire everytime taking out huge chunks of my health. This boss is so OP and the lackof better gear is giving me no hope of actually beating him. It would be nice to buy some gear off the store with gold or gems. Then I could see me forking over my hard earned money but no I can only buy health pots and wings so there is no way im giving any more money to glu when I just wasted 5 bucks in about 15 minutes trying to kill a way over powered boss. Am I to believe that im supposed to endlessly grind for nothing in return gear wise and spend large amounts of cash onhealth pots trying to kill this boss? This is stupid.

Comments

• huyballackhuyballack Registered Users 18 Posts
    thats the ridiculous part of this game. To complete a map, for example cyclops, you pretty much need the gear that drop FROM it to do so. But if you are too weak, you will find only frustration playing this game without spending cash. And the cycle repeat untill you finish the game.

I wont say GLU is greedy, but pretty much their greed ruined this game, otherwise this could be a nice game to play.

Dont know why recently many mobile company go full retard on game design such as Dungeon hunters 4 and now this EW3. both of these game have lots of amazing features and entertaining but greed destroyed them.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    This is not a game that u can take damage and win.
    You has to learn his move, study his behavior. When you remember all of his move, you will never lose.

And don't take any damage. learn to parry. They had teach u from the begining how to do it, because it important.

You can do it.
    Stop getting hit and parry it. You do it by press guard at the last sec. you has 1 whole sec to react.
    Then remember when his Hp drop to some point, his attack will be reset. get ready for the change.
    Also when he recover from stun, he will has another attack combo
    And when his HP drop below 50% his will roar and cause damage around him, you can parry that to.
    Also after his HP drop below 50% his attack combo will be all change. so you have to remember a new set of attack.

Remember all that and you will never lose to him ever again.
    huyballack wrote: »
    thats the ridiculous part of this game. To complete a map, for example cyclops, you pretty much need the gear that drop FROM it to do so. But if you are too weak, you will find only frustration playing this game without spending cash. And the cycle repeat untill you finish the game.

I wont say GLU is greedy, but pretty much their greed ruined this game, otherwise this could be a nice game to play.

Dont know why recently many mobile company go full retard on game design such as Dungeon hunters 4 and now this EW3. both of these game have lots of amazing features and entertaining but greed destroyed them.

My warrior win with only 240gs and my mage deal 7dmg per hit still kill him.
    You don't need money, you need skill. Spend the money all you want, you will still be dead.
  • MasiyahinMasiyahin Registered Users 9 Posts
    Gear isn't everything in this game. Sure you can grind endlessly for better gear(I'm sure you can get 400+ easily without killing cyclops no joke).. but also take the time to learn his moves.. you know he acts certain ways depending on your position or how far apart you are from him. Time your attacks and don't just attack on times when he is invulnerable unless you wanna keep your combo hits going.. I dont know if they have videos on youtube yet to help you out on how others do it. Best of luck! if it still gives you problems then maybe this game just isn't for you =/
  • Uberness1985Uberness1985 Registered Users 100 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    My warrior win with only 240gs and my mage deal 7dmg per hit still kill him.
    You don't need money, you need skill. Spend the money all you want, you will still be dead.
    Very well said void. Too much whining not enough learning.
  • EchenEchen Registered Users 8 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    This is not a game that u can take damage and win.
    You has to learn his move, study his behavior. When you remember all of his move, you will never lose.

And don't take any damage. learn to parry. They had teach u from the begining how to do it, because it important.

You can do it.
    Stop getting hit and parry it. You do it by press guard at the last sec. you has 1 whole sec to react.
    Then remember when his Hp drop to some point, his attack will be reset. get ready for the change.
    Also when he recover from stun, he will has another attack combo
    And when his HP drop below 50% his will roar and cause damage around him, you can parry that to.
    Also after his HP drop below 50% his attack combo will be all change. so you have to remember a new set of attack.

Remember all that and you will never lose to him ever again.

lmao I do nothing but parry this guy. I run from him most of the match and parry him everytime he gets close. It only takes a few hits before he kills me and he does manage to hit me no matter how hard I try to avoid him. I dont even try to take advantage of him being stunned at 50 percent health cause as soon as he comes to he does 2 blasts of fire back to back. This boss is stupid OP btw im lvl 17 now with gs of 390 and this crap sword ive been stuck with is upgraded as much as I can possibly upgrade it. I just dont do but 36 points of damage each time I parry him and I absolutly refuse to buy any more health potions. Thing is I would be willing to spend money on this game if it wasnt such a waste. And anyone wanting to say Im just not a good gamer ive been gaming for 30 years. And played most dungeon crawler games there is from diablo 2 going all the way back to gauntlet if anyone here even knows what gauntlet is. All bosses have some kind of strategy but gear is always needed as well. I know the strategy to beat this guy but the gear im in is for lvl 1 through 10 and endless amounts of grinding isnt yeilding anything better.
    Masiyahin wrote: »
    Gear isn't everything in this game. Sure you can grind endlessly for better gear(I'm sure you can get 400+ easily without killing cyclops no joke).. but also take the time to learn his moves.. you know he acts certain ways depending on your position or how far apart you are from him. Time your attacks and don't just attack on times when he is invulnerable unless you wanna keep your combo hits going.. I dont know if they have videos on youtube yet to help you out on how others do it. Best of luck! if it still gives you problems then maybe this game just isn't for you =/

yea there are videos of people way out geared for him basicly tanking him and downing him in seconds .... very helpful they are
    Ok after trying countless times I finally downed him but I dont think I could do it again with the crap gear I had. Not looking forward to farming him. I still say there should be a shop to buy gear with gold or gems an auction house would be nice but I think im asking for to much with that. Im not sure what the point is of making the first boss so OP cause the only money to be made by glu for this is the hopes that ppl spend mad amounts of money on health pots. Selling gear to make it easier seems like a logical thing to do but there really isnt a way to spend money to make it easier. I thought that was the point of f2p.
  • DarqerDarqer Registered Users 78 Posts
    you can spend money(real money) to buy full sets of gear both epix and legendary, but in my oppinion doesnt worth it. All boss is doable, you just need to farm and learn his moves.REALLY learn his moves tacs behaviour. I personally can beat bosses now blindeyed,not coz i am op,cause i know how they react,move,behave!Some bosses needs defensive play avoid them only attack when you comletly have to,you can do decent damage even with blocking, some of them needs a complete agressive behaviour to burst through dangerious phases, or even both in different phases.Study it,stay alive,you dont need pots only in really extreme situations. And really dont underestimate the feeling, you standing over a dead boss first time with your 1% hp left, thats the feeling -hard earned- what this game is made for!
    And dont want to discourage you or tell spoilers, but if you think cyclopse was hard, remember me when you see first time enraged Nian in action! :) You know guys what i mean :P
    Echen wrote: »
    lmao I do nothing but parry this guy. I run from him most of the match and parry him everytime he gets close. It only takes a few hits before he kills me and he does manage to hit me no matter how hard I try to avoid him.

Wait, what!?
    I said Parry him, I didn't say run away. It will only get harder if u stay away from him.
    If you stay next to him, there will only be a few type of attack that very easy to parry.

Let me tell you this now, Never run away like that again when you fight the 2nd big boss "Nian". Because if you stay far away, he will use attack that has super armor and lighting, plus you wont do damage to him for a long time. And that attack is just the start of a combo, that if it end when his hp lower than 50%... let say at your level u will die.
    Not to mention try to ranged Hellboy :P thats the real pain :D
    The way I downed cyclops the first time was avoiding him as much as possible and parry when he charged. And gear does mean alot cause as soon as I got a new sword for downing him and a new breast plate from him I was able to down him alot easier due to the damage increase I got from the gear. It was day and night comparing the first time I downed him and the second time I downed him. Now a few more lvls and a gs over 550 hes cake and it isnt because my tactics got better its because I can take more damage and deal more damage.
    I honestly dont think I could do it again with that crap sword I had and a gs of 385. I got lucky by succsefully parrying one of his fire blasts. That typically took out most of my health anytime he actually got me with one. The reason I ran from him wasnt because I couldnt parry his attacks but rather because even when standing toe to toe with him he would randomly and suddenly charge me and stun me leaving me vulnerable to his beatings and fire blast for an ungodly amount of time. Running from him it was easier to control what he did. Just let him fire blast and do the arch thing he shoots out and he would do this where I was standing instead of where I am standing by constantly moving around the arena. He would never hit me with em and then I just circle around him waiting for him to charge Nd then I parry and do it all over again. Took about 15 minutes but it worked. And when I say worked I did that over and over til I got lucky enough to avoid being hit long enough to kill him. I timed everything perfectly and managed to keep my hp bar longer than his the whole match.
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Struggling on legendary at the moment. Most my gear fully evolved, but not upto scratch for some of levels. I have better gear from drops and offerings, but to evolve even the first time needs reagents from higher levels. Grinding away and slowly leveling up doesn't give you better stats, but I have noticed that any chance of reagents dropping from offerings change when you get to higher levels. So now I get the occasional reagent for gear several levels higher than I am, leaving me unable to make any sort of progress. Is this just there way of getting you to part with your cash, looks like it to me.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Rego001Rego001 Registered Users 38 Posts
    TerryQ wrote: »
    Struggling on legendary at the moment. Most my gear fully evolved, but not upto scratch for some of levels. I have better gear from drops and offerings, but to evolve even the first time needs reagents from higher levels. Grinding away and slowly leveling up doesn't give you better stats, but I have noticed that any chance of reagents dropping from offerings change when you get to higher levels. So now I get the occasional reagent for gear several levels higher than I am, leaving me unable to make any sort of progress. Is this just there way of getting you to part with your cash, looks like it to me.

Ding ding ding

It's just another form of time gate. Pay now to progress or wait on offerings.
  • RelentlessRelentless Registered Users 28 Posts
    One week to get to cyclops? I'd quit if I was that bad too.
  • SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    Don't give up bro, it's a really challenging game, and the progress is heavily tied to gear, which is very difficult to acquire. It requires a bit of luck (to get the right gear and reagents to evolve), a lot of skill to avoid taking damage as much as possible, and a ton of persistence to stick with fighting and losing to the same boss until you finally understand the "dance". Each boss has one (a "dance", that is) and once you figure it out it becomes a lot easier.
    Relentless wrote: »
    One week to get to cyclops? I'd quit if I was that bad too.

I dont live with my mother and play games 20 hours a day bro. I have a job and a family and maybe play 1 or 2 hours a day. And apparently you didnt read my posts cause you would know ive been gaming longer than you have been alive. Right now im lvl 21 with a gs of 650 or so. Cant get any further cause the next dungeon I have unlocked reqires a gs of 900 something and farming isnt yeilding anything but lvl 9-11 junk thats worse than what I have on. I havent gotten a piece of gear to upgrade with since I downed cyclops the first time and farming cyclops gets me lvl 5-11 crap. At least in diablo you get upgrades from farming but this game does not reward farming. Unless your after gold.
  • HibriaHibria Registered Users 25 Posts
    Echen wrote: »
    I dont live with my mother and play games 20 hours a day bro. I have a job and a family and maybe play 1 or 2 hours a day. And apparently you didnt read my posts cause you would know ive been gaming longer than you have been alive. Right now im lvl 21 with a gs of 650 or so. Cant get any further cause the next dungeon I have unlocked reqires a gs of 900 something and farming isnt yeilding anything but lvl 9-11 junk thats worse than what I have on. I havent gotten a piece of gear to upgrade with since I downed cyclops the first time and farming cyclops gets me lvl 5-11 crap. At least in diablo you get upgrades from farming but this game does not reward farming. Unless your after gold.

At lvl 21 with that gearscore you should easily be able to farm cyclopse with an upgraded lvl 1 sword. He will drop other weapons and if they are better you use them. I seriously dont know how your dying with 650 gs. Wait till you get to nian , you will probably end up quitting.
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    if you goin blow for blow style of killing, you will lose unless you are total over powering the bosses. even with full set of unbreakable jade cyclop with still kill me if i let him land his combo on me.
  • WadsWads Registered Users 10 Posts
    Anybody know what the reasons for Jade Cyclops are for dropping minion reagents? Getting those amongst all the other terrible drops are by far the most frustrating thing about this whole loot drop debacle.
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    The Dev said its intentional for the drop rate to be low but i cant find the thread that was stated. As for the out of place reagents who knows? copy and paste coding ? or just some other way for Glu to wants us to buy gem after insane amount of time spents grinding JC?
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Reagents problem may be due to the level cyclops would normally be played at, they possibly forgot to change its drops. They pretty good at that in this game lol.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Wads wrote: »
    Anybody know what the reasons for Jade Cyclops are for dropping minion reagents? Getting those amongst all the other terrible drops are by far the most frustrating thing about this whole loot drop debacle.

I play Mage and have reached level 50 with all items fully maxed to 3 stars, can take out Legendary Cyclops in less than 10 secs, Legendary Nian in less than 20 secs. and Legendary Netherborn in less than 30 secs. BUT I still get rubbish when I enter Jade Forest and kill off the bosses in about half the time I take to kill them in Legendary Mode. I think I know the reason for this.

It seems that to get the high end items you must at least pass level 100 of the tower of heroes. Only when you get good drops from the higher levels of the Tower of Heroes will you be able to get good drops from the Jade Forest. I managed to get a level 44 weapon, purple, after completing level 100 of the tower and when I finished Jade Forest immediately afterwards, the very same weapons were dropped by the Jade Cyclops (of course not every time).

I find that Level 1 to 30 of Tower produce about the same grade of weapons and reagents of Normal Mode Start to Cyclops. Level 31 to 60 the same for Cyclops to Nian and level 61 to 100 Cyclops to Netherborn(Hellboy). Just a rough estimate.

I hope someone else will confirm this, So that weak players do not waste their time farming rubbish. Better to farm Legendary bosses than Jade bosses. You get purple and gold items every once in a while from Legendary.
  • s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    lauapik wrote: »
    I play Mage and have reached level 50 with all items fully maxed to 3 stars, can take out Legendary Cyclops in less than 10 secs, Legendary Nian in less than 20 secs. and Legendary Netherborn in less than 30 secs. BUT I still get rubbish when I enter Jade Forest and kill off the bosses in about half the time I take to kill them in Legendary Mode. I think I know the reason for this.

It seems that to get the high end items you must at least pass level 100 of the tower of heroes. Only when you get good drops from the higher levels of the Tower of Heroes will you be able to get good drops from the Jade Forest. I managed to get a level 44 weapon, purple, after completing level 100 of the tower and when I finished Jade Forest immediately afterwards, the very same weapons were dropped by the Jade Cyclops (of course not every time).

I find that Level 1 to 30 of Tower produce about the same grade of weapons and reagents of Normal Mode Start to Cyclops. Level 31 to 60 the same for Cyclops to Nian and level 61 to 100 Cyclops to Netherborn(Hellboy). Just a rough estimate.

I hope someone else will confirm this, So that weak players do not waste their time farming rubbish. Better to farm Legendary bosses than Jade bosses. You get purple and gold items every once in a while from Legendary.

You are right on mate.. I have noticed the same.. Since I am trying to farm that wings off netherborn in jade forest.. no luck.. only useless green/whites so far..
  • lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Leonluis1Leonluis1 Registered Users 33 Posts
    I have Reach lvl 124 endless tower and this is the best items i got from jade ciclops.. No wings or flags yet

rgy7.jpg