Options

Drop rate nerf test and personal opinions

Okay I wasn't gonna complain at first because I figured it was just me seeing things but reading the forums I decided to actually test drop rates. That and add my thoughts on the changes.

Towers

Now I do agree when the towers first came out the primarily blue and higher drop raters were a little high. 50% blue and higher to get us into the towers and spending money on the ship tokens might have been worthwhile.

However I thought I would test the current drop rates on the Towers I went from 1-60 with a 2386 GS monk. Nothing special I know. However the results were a little odd.

I got 2 purple level mats, 5 blue level mats, 2 blue armour. The rest were a green/white mix and also about 40% of the waves dropped nothing at all (I'm fine with that part). My total drops for the 1-60 wave run was 134. Oh and without selling any items the total amount of cash that drops was 20k for that whole run.

Note: selling the green/white items for that run was about 40k

Also I noticed the sell price for the bulk of the green/whites has been halved some as much as 70% less then they were pre patch.

I don't endorse going back to the pre patch rates on the towers. I do however think that if you want to coax me to spend gems on ship tokens the drop rates should be about 30% of what the original drop rates were or about... Well it's hard to say how much more then current because current is so insanely low.

Pre patch content

Now for the pre patch content. The stuff some of you have been farming for a lot longer then me. Before patch I could go do a boss and 1/10 runs usually provided at least a purple. Now it's a lot closer to 1/30 runs on bosses which makes clearing normal dungeons almost completely pointless because we all know the drop rate from trash is next to nil.
Since the boss my GS allows me to kill no longer drops any upgrades for me and hellboy (yes I know those with more skill can kill him - lets just agree I'm a newb) I had to use 3 health pots just to down him to unlock legendary mode. If he gets one hit off on me I lose like 80% of my hp. I don't recall that happening on my attempts pre patch. Also pre patch I only has 1800 GS so I should have lost more HP previous attempts not less. I've been told that a warrior with 1800 ish GS can complete that fight and I would not be surprised they have excellent damage deflect abilities, however my monk not so much and sorry but 80% hp gone for one attack I could not dodge seems a touch high especially when my GS is well above the "recommended" number.
I spent about 2 hours this morning farming one of the lower legendary modes (1650 ish I think) and managed to get 2 blue drops pre patch farming for 2 hours of any dungeon would have netted me something at least 3 orange most likely 2 items I already had and 1 mat.

Bottom line. Personally I'd like the changes to the pre patch content undone the current drop nerf while I understand it can extend the game also makes it rather unenjoyable. I enjoy being able to upgrade if I haven't upgraded something in over 3 hours and I'm farming an area that drops the next tier of equipment over what I have something is a little off.

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Before you have to wait 50 minutes to play the tower, and you can play three times in a row without spending gems. Now you have to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes and can only play twice in a row, with horrific items. 20 minute for 40k gold...might as well farm in normal cyclops.
  • Options
    EvilwendyEvilwendy Registered Users 18 Posts
    I agree. I am a huge game nerd. I do 12 hour shifts at work. Alot of down time as a DSP nurse. I play around 7 hours of this game a day. And now i just watch tv. The drop rate runed the game.. The fact i was farming 3000 gs required boss's with 2k gs. After update.. I get killed in a couple shots.. I love this game by far. But iv got to where i just dont want to play now.. Please fix the rating.. Roll back over to the old save .. If you just need something like hero tower. Add it later.. When you figure out wth you are doing
  • Options
    huyballackhuyballack Registered Users 18 Posts
    totallt trash update. They ruined their game
  • Options
    DarqerDarqer Registered Users 78 Posts
    Really i want to hear some devs opinion about this, are you gonna fix it/thinking on it or you really just jumping on our nerves? Plx Moloch or somebody official answer our questions or tell your side of the "story"- except money greed-. Ty!
  • Options
    kyleslaterkyleslater Registered Users 9 Posts
    I wouldn't mind a reply either and one other thing... Not sure if this is just me but since I just finally got past hellboy and unlocked legendary... is it just me or is the drop rate or legendary considerably lower then normal? I farm a 1800 GS req normal church and get at least 1 blue every 2 runs. I farmed the 1750 legendary whatever it was called for 4 hours and didn't get a single blue. I did however get like 200 white drops...
  • Options
    PERSIvAlNPERSIvAlN Registered Users 9 Posts
    quality of drops depends also depends on your %drop from gear
    and yup, looks like min %drop for legendary start is above 120
  • Options
    PERSIvAlN wrote: »
    and yup, looks like min %drop for legendary start is above 120
    Well that explains why drops were so terrible in legendary... I guess I will remedy that.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    PERSIvAlN wrote: »

Are you sure that is quality, not quantity?

I would like to see some stats if anybody has done them with 2 sets of gear (one with one without high item find) on the same character for drop rates on bosses.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    It is quantity, but the more quantity you have the higher chance of getting higher quality items. Let's say you have 10 lottery tickets that have a 0.1% chance of winning the lottery, a guy with 100000000 tickets with 0.1% of winning the lottery will definitely have a higher chance of winning.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Sorry to disappoint you guys, but devs don't comment on game design or changes.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »

Lol I notice you guys are pretty bad about informing the players about anything in advance like patches or anything for that matter Some patch notes might be nice sometimes. anyways...

Back to topic..

having over 120% IIF definitely helps drop rate on legendary I'd suggest anyone else just starting on legendary make sure you have at least that... And anyone getting close keep that in mind when choosing stats on gear.
  • Options
    Lockecole7Lockecole7 Registered Users 9 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

Lol, do you realize how incredibly moronic that sounds? The people who are creating a game will in no way ever discuss their means behind making their game. You know what? Because all the game design choices in this game are based off of a Vegas style number game, where no game design or fun value is taken into play. It's really sad that essentially legalized gambling exists all over the world now, and now our kids and young adults have access to it. I blame the old school korean browser games that started essentially legalized gambling in game form.

Now you might ask me "well then why play the game." Honestly this game has GREAT gameplay, the dodge/block mechanic opens up all sorts of skill related gameplay which makes you feel that you winning is in your hands, and I enjoy skill based games. Unfortunately everything else in the game took a back seat. Terrible skill system with non-existant customization, same goes with uninspired weapon and armor stats. Mindless trash killing, with the only thing saving the entire game is actually pretty inspired and fun boss fights. Oh yeah did I mention literally EVERY COOL THING in the second game not making it to this game? Its a single player game with a glorified chat room, when the second one had full PVP and co-op.

Sometimes I just dont get game developers....its tough when developers get your hopes up with what could be a good game and instead go the business route.
  • Options
    Lockecole7Lockecole7 Registered Users 9 Posts
    kyleslater wrote: »
    Lol I notice you guys are pretty bad about informing the players about anything in advance like patches or anything for that matter Some patch notes might be nice sometimes. anyways...

Back to topic..

having over 120% IIF definitely helps drop rate on legendary I'd suggest anyone else just starting on legendary make sure you have at least that... And anyone getting close keep that in mind when choosing stats on gear.

Yeah I actually think each boss has its IIF point where it starts dropping legendary gear more often. Ive noticed that once I get more IIF bosses that didnt use to drop legendaries that often now drop them all the time.